Whether you are a professional or just a normal user, Epson is there to have you covered. However, once in a while, a user may encounter any odd printer issue, that can include the Epson printer error code 0xea.
The error code 0xea is one of the most common issues with the Epson printers. There can be many reasons for this error code.
However, in case you are still facing this error code then try to follow this article in order to fix the issue.
Hence, here in this article, we will try to help you with the methods to resolve the said printer error code.
Fundamental Causes that can Lead to this Epson Printer Error Code 0xea
Now you can follow the points of this section to know the causes for the error code. Knowing the reason for any issue can help you fix it efficiently.
- Any connection issue between the system and the Epson printer can lead to the error code.
- If the USB ports or the USB cables are faulty, then also you may face this error.
- Using an outdated Epson printer driver can also lead to the error code.
- If the Epson printer driver is corrupt, then also the error may appear.
- Using the wrong papers in your Epson printer can be another reason for the error code to occur.
- If the Windows system files fail to identify the printer, then you may encounter this error as well.
These are some of the popular reasons for the Epson printer error code. Now, as you now know the possible causes of this problem let’s move to the next part of the article to solve it.
Troubleshoot the Epson Home XP 420 Printer Error Code 0xea with Some Simple Steps
Here in this section, we need to try out a number of methods so that the Epson error code can be easily fixed. For the best results, you have to follow each and every step of the methods discussed here.
Method 1: Try Out Some Basic Fixing Steps
For the first instance, you can follow some of the basic steps to fix the issue easily as mentioned below.
- At first, you need to check if there are no warning lights blinking on the Epson printer. The warning lights go on when there is an issue like a paper jam inside the printer.
- You can also check if the USB cables are not damaged.
- Also, check if the USB ports and its associated cables are not faulty and if so, then change them immediately.
- In the case of a wireless Epson printer, you can check whether the wireless network is working properly.
- Connect the printer directly to the system without using any USB Hub.
So, that’s all about the basic steps you can try initially to fix the issue. In case, after checking all these steps, if the Epson printer error code persists, then follow the next method.
Method 2: Power Reset the Epson Printer
Power resetting the Epson printer helps to restart all the internal components of a printer. Additionally, it also cools down the printer if it becomes too hot.
- In the first step, press and hold down the Power button to completely turn off the printer.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the power outlet and then wait for about 10 to 20 minutes so that the Epson printer cools down.
- After that, hold down the Power button again and while holding it, plug the power cord into the power outlet.
- Next, make the connection between the system and the Epson printer.
- After that, you can now check if the error code is still there. You can take a test printout to check for the issue.
Now, we hope that you have successfully fixed the Epsom printer error code. Even after following the steps above, if the issue still persists, then proceed to the next troubleshooting part.
Method 3: Check the Ink Cartridge Levels of the Epson Printer
If there is no ink or the ink cartridges are dried up, then the Epson printer error code can occur. Hence, you have to check for the ink cartridges with the steps that are discussed below.
- To start off, the first thing you need to do is to turn on your Epson printer and connect it to the system.
- After that, open the Start menu and then type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Now, click on the Control Panel option from the resultant list.
- As the Control Panel window opens, double-click on the Printers and Faxes.
- Now, right-click on the Preferences icon and then select the Services option.
- After that, you need to select the “Service this Device” option.
- In the next step, you will get a Toolbox section where you have to choose the Estimated Ink Level.
- Now, the color and the ink levels of the ink cartridge will be displayed on the screen.
- If the ink level is low, then you have to refill it. On the other hand, if the ink level is dried up, then you have to replace its cartridges.
Finally, check if the printer error code still persists or not and if it does, then avail the next method.
Method 4: Update the Epson Printer Driver to its Latest Version
If you are using an outdated version of the Epson printer driver, then a lot of issues can pop up. Hence, it becomes necessary to update it to its latest version. However, if you want to know the steps to update the driver then proceed to the section below.
- Open the Device Manager from the Start menu by using the Windows Search bar.
- As the Device Manager window opens, you have to search and right-click on the Epson Printer Driver from the list.
- Now, select the Update Driver Software option from the popup list.
- As the new window appears, choose the Search automatically for Updated Driver Software option.
- Now wait for the update process to complete and then you can close all the active windows.
- Now is the time to check if you are still getting the Epson printer error code or not.
So this is how you can update the Epson printer driver to fix the issue. In case the issue still isn’t resolved, then proceed to the next section below.
Method 5: Reinstall the Epson Printer Driver
In case the Epson printer driver software is corrupt due to any reason, then reinstall it. For the steps, you can have a look at the section underneath.
- First of all, you have to open the Device Manager by following the previous method.
- Now, navigate to the Epson printer driver entry and then right-click on it.
- After that, select the Uninstall option from the popup list and confirm it by clicking on the Yes button.
- Thereafter, follow all the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, restart your system and then go to the official website of the Epson printer.
- Afterward, download and install the latest version of the driver.
- After installing the latest version of the driver, check if the problem is gone or not.
Method 6: Connect your Wireless Epson Printer Manually
This resort is for the ones who are using the wireless Epson printer and facing the error.
- First of all, find the WiFi Connection and connect to it. Make sure that both the Epson printer and the system is connected to the same wireless network.
- In the next step, open the Start menu and then click on the Settings icon.
- After that, click on the Device option and then proceed to the Printers and Scanners tab.
- Now, click on the Add a printer or scanner option.
- As your printer’s name pops up, click on the Add Device button.
- Finally, you can take a test printout to check if the error code is fixed or not.
Hopefully, by this time, you have been able to fix the issue all by yourself.
That’s all about the methods that can help you fix the Epson printer error code 0xea. Hence, we expect that you will no longer face this issue with your printer. In case the issue persists, then get help from the experts. Apart from that, you can use the comments section as well.