iPhones have no doubt had come a long way since their first launch. Latest iPhones come with a ton of features that can make life a lot more easier. As you use an iPhone to take pictures and videos, it becomes necessary to transfer all of them to the computer.
But, in some cases, users face many issues while connecting their iPhone to their computer. A lot of users report that their computer won’t recognize iPhone.
However, if this is your case, then you need to fix this issue as fast as possible.
In this article, you will get to use the methods so that the connection issue resolves. Not only the solutions, but you will also get to know the reasons for which this problem occurs.
Hence, have a look at the next part.
Causes Leading to Computer won’t Recognize the iPhone Problem
We will try to explain the causes that can lead to the issue. Knowing the reasons for any issue helps to evaluate the problem better.
- In case the iTunes application is out of date
- Also, using a corrupt iTunes application on your system
- If there are no drivers installed on your system
- Also, if the iPhone’s drivers are corrupt or out of date
- On the other hand, if the iOS version is not up to date
- Any problem in the Apple Mobile Device Support
The Best Fixes when Computer won’t Recognize your iPhone
Here, you have to carefully perform all the steps in order to resolve the issue in an easier way. Therefore, get to know the best hacks that you can try by yourself.
Hack 1: Try out some Basic Steps
At first, you can try out some basic steps so that the issue can be resolved with minimal effort. Hence, follow the steps that are given below:
- Check if the Lighting cable that you are using to connect the iPhone to the computer is working or not. Also, check if it is damaged or not.
- On the other hand, check if the USB ports of the computer are working properly or not.
- Make sure that the iPhone is switched on while you connect it with the computer.
- Remember to Trust the computer when prompted on your iPhone while you try to connect it with your computer.
- Also, make sure that while you connect your iPhone to the system, the iPhone is unlocked.
Now, after performing these basic steps, if still the issue persists then have a look at the next methods.
Hack 2: Update the iTunes Application to its Latest Version
According to some users, updating the iTunes application to its latest version helps you to resolve this problem easily. Hence, follow the steps that are provided below to update the iTunes:
- On your computer, find and open the iTunes application by double-clicking on its icon. Alternatively, you can search for the iTunes application through the search bar in the Start menu.
- As the iTunes application opens, you have to go to the Help section in the top menu bar.
- After that, click on the Check for Update option from the drop-down list.
- Now, let the iTunes check for the latest iTunes application updates.
- In case it finds one, then it will automatically download and install it.
- Once done, check if the issue still occurs or not.
Hack 3: Update the iOS version of your iPhone
Apple releases regular iOS updates in order to fix the connection issue. Hence, you can also try to update the iOS version on your iPhone so that you can get rid of the issue.
- Unlock your iPhone and then head towards the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings app, scroll down and then tap on the General option.
- In the next window, tap on the Software Update option.
- Now, iPhone will search for the updates and it will automatically install them.
- Once the process finishes, connect your iPhone to the computer to check if it recognizes or not.
Now, we expect that you will be able to fix the issue. In case the issue still persists, then proceed to the next section.
Hack 4: Update the Windows Operating System to its Latest Version
In most of the cases, updating the Windows Operating System helps to install the Apple iPhone’s drivers on your system. Hence, you should definitely try out this method in order to fix the issue easily.
So, you can avail the steps that we have discussed below:
- First of all, connect your iPhone with your computer and then open the Start menu.
- In the Start menu, choose the Settings icon.
- Once the Settings app opens, you have to proceed to the Update & Security section.
- On arriving at this section, click on the Software update tab and then click on the Check for Updates button.
- Now, wait as the Windows check for latest Apple iPhone drivers. On finding one, it will automatically get downloaded and installed.
- Once done, you can check if the system recognizes the iPhone or not.
Hack 5: Check if the Apple Mobile Device Support is Running or not
The Apple Mobile Device Support software is needed for the synchronization between iTunes and the iPhone.
So, if this software is not working properly, then the system will not recognize the iPhone. Hence, follow these steps below in order to check the service status:
- Go to the Start menu and then type services.msc in the search box.
- From the results, click on the Services option.
- Inside the new window, find the Apple Mobile Device Service entity.
- On finding the entity, right-click on it and then choose the Properties option from the list.
- Now, you have to make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- Also, check if the Service Status is set to Running.
- In case it is not the situation, then make the necessary changes.
- Finally, after doing this, restart your system and then check if the issue still persists or not.
Hack 6: Reinstall the iTunes Application
There are some cases where the iTunes application gets corrupted due to various reasons. Hence, this can also lead to the occurrence of the issue.
Therefore, to fix this, you have to reinstall the iTunes application.
- Head to the Control Panel by typing its name in the Start menu’s search box.
- As the Control Panel window opens, click on the Uninstall a Program option under the Programs section.
- In the next window, search for the iTunes entry and then right-click on it.
- Now, choose the Uninstall option from the list. After that, follow any prompts to complete the Uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot your system.
- In the next step, from the official website download and install the latest version of the iTunes application.
- As the iTunes application installs, check if the computer starts to recognize your iPhone or not.
These are the ultimate hacks that will help you to fix the computer won’t recognize iPhone issue easily. Follow all the steps, so that this issue does not repeat in the future.
However, if the problem still bothers you then get help from the professionals.