The AVG antivirus is popular worldwide for its extraordinary functionalities. Moreover, it helps to keep the system free from the harmful virus attack as well as keep your system from all web-threat free. However, occasional the technical glitches make it difficult to manage it. A system file corruption, or missing of the Windows Registry files, etc are the significant responsible factors of the AVG update failed issue. Furthermore, you may face an update error if the virus attacks your system. As a result, your system starts to freeze on a frequent basis and the running programs stop to respond. So, you are unable to install the new software or update the installed software without foxing it. However, you can fix the problem technically if you go through the article entirely.
Fix AVG Update Failed Problem With A few Steps
There are several reasons behind the AVG update error. We will discuss the various methods to resolve it along with the proper justifications. So, you may try out of them for a quick fix.
Sometimes, a malware creates a problem in updating most of the installed software. Thus, the virus attack may prevent the update process of the AVG software. While you try to update the malware you get stuck with the Update error. Then, without scanning and disinfect the system virus, you wnt able to proceed further.
- First, open the AVG antivirus window by tapping on the AVG antivirus software icon. To get the software easily, type “AVG” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the antivirus window.
- Click on the Scan tab and you will get two different options (Quick/Full Scan). You can choose any of them as per your need.
- Confirm the scanning process by tapping ’Yes’ and it will take several minutes to finish the scanning process.
- Moreover, the AVG can identify the virus and disinfect them accordingly. Thus, the malware, spyware, etc can be disinfected easily after scanning the devices.
- When done, reboot your system successfully and check whether the AVG can be updated or not.
Disable Firewall Protection
A firewall protects the device from unauthorized access and saves your system from the harmful web threats. But, a high-security firewall sometimes creates a problem in installing new software or updating the software. Moreover, it blocks the authentic websites, web pages by treating them as untrustable websites. So, remove the firewall protection before starting the AVG update process.
- First, click on the Start button and open the Start menu.
- Now, tap on the Settings menu (gear icon) and open the Settings window.
- Go to the Update & Security section and choose the Windows Firewall option.
- Next, go to the Advanced settings. Adjust the slide of the Windows Firewall protection bar and make it low or reduce the security level.
- Disable it by clicking on the Firewall Protection Off option temporarily.
- Now, update the AVG software and check whether it is working or not.
- However, after updating the antivirus, again turn on the Windows Firewall Protection to keep the safe your system.
Remove Temporary Files
Many times, recently downloaded and installed files create the AVG update failed issue. Some of the files prevent the antivirus upgrade process and the device shows the error AVG update failed Windows 10. So, the best way is to remove those files and empty the drive, especially where you have kept the installed security software.
- First, type “Control” in the search box and press Enter key from the keyboard.
- Make the programs in a small format by changing the view by drop down into the small icon.
- Choose program “Performance Information And Tools” and click on it.
- Click on Open Disk Clean Up from the left pane of the resultant window.
- In the Disk Clean Up dialog box, you will get a chance to choose the disk which you want to clean from the drop-down list.
- By default, the drive C is shown as a selected item. If you want to delete the unnecessary files from the C drive, confirm it by tapping the OK button. Otherwise, choose other drives as per your need and click OK.
- It will take several minutes to clean all the junk files inside your system drive.
- Finally, restart your system and try to update to verify whether the AVG update error persists or not.
Remove Setup Error
Most of the times, you may encounter the AVG setup error while you try to update the AVG antivirus with the latest version. Then, without modifying the settings correctly, you can’t fix the Antivirus error efficiently.
- Tap the AVG antivirus icon first from the Control Panel installed software list and then go to the Tools menu.
- Under this section, you will get a drop-down menu with several items. Choose the Advanced Options menu.
- Click on Update button under this Advanced Settings page.
- Then, go to the Dial-up Connection section from this window and remove the tick from the dial-up checkbox.
- Finally, reboot the System and remove the update error like annoying issue quickly.
Run System File Checker
Incomplete installation of the installation file of AVG causes the AVG update issue. Moreover, sometimes a corrupted system file creates the system file checking issue. Beside this, you can repair the disks as per your need if you run this system ScanNow program.
- First, type “cmd” in the search box and choose the Command Prompt.
- Right-click on it and tap on “Run as Administrator”.
- Now, enter a correct username and passcode properly to log in the Command Prompt in an Admin Mode.
- In the prompt window, type “sfc/scannow” and press Enter key to run the System File Checker.
- It will automatically check the disk files as well as locate the corrupted files. Then, the system file checker will repair them accordingly.
- When done, it will reboot the system automatically and remove the AVG update failed error automatically.
Uninstall And Re-install
Many times, you can see that the antivirus can’t work properly. Even, it fails to disinfect the malware, spyware like virus issue. To overcome this situation, uninstall and re-install the AVG antivirus software. It also helps to avoid the possible reasons behind the antivirus.
- Press Windows key to open the Start menu. Type “Control” in the search box and press Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Choose Programs & Features from a set of programs. Click on the Uninstall a Program.
- After tapping on it, you will get a list of items which are installed in your system.
- Choose the AVG software installer as well as its associated programs.
- Select them individually and right-click on them one by one.
- Choose Uninstall option by tapping on it one after another. A dialog box will appear in each time by asking the confirmation of the uninstallation process.
- While all the AVG files are removed, then try to reboot the PC.
- Finally, try to update the Avg antivirus with the latest version from the AVG official website and check whether the AVG update failed issues got fixed or not.
Remove Connection Error
Sometimes, the interaction problem between the AVG software and the desktop creates a connection problem. To sort out the problem, you may follow the process below.
- Open the Control Panel window and choose the Administrative Tools.
- Then, you will get a list of the installed services along with their entire information.
- Select the AVG software and right-click on it. Choose Properties from the pop-up menu. Then, click on the Connection tab.
- Under this section, you will get another option “Allow Service To interact with the Desktop.”
- Finally, click on Apply and OK to complete the process. When done, reboot the System and check whether the AVG update problem persists or not.
- Open the AVG Utility windows by tapping on the AVG icon and click on the Options from the upper section of the window.
- Select the option Update From Directory and browse the installation file of AVG.
- Choose it and its associated files. Finally, tap on OK to start the upgrade process. It will take several minutes to finish. When done, it will give a successful message.
In the above context, we have discussed the solutions while you will see the AVG update failed issue on your display. We hope it will help the users to fix the AVG antivirus issue quickly. Moreover, you will gain a keen knowledge on how to avoid the antivirus error at the initial stage if the antivirus problem. So, you can fix it without facing any error. Not only that, we have analyzed the possible reasons behind this update failure and the symptoms as well. We hope this article will be helpful for you to resolve any AVG error such as AVG error 0xe0010002 code easily.