The Avast error code 4 is a very common problem for almost every Avast antivirus users. This error generally happens because of various reasons. Most of the time, the users face this situation while booting up the system or even they can face this error while scanning their device. This error even happens due to the conflict between two different security software or sometimes due to the backdated Avast antivirus files.
Another reason for the appearance of this error can be the errors on the system file or due to the incorrect software installation. If you are facing this type of error while using your Avast antivirus software on your laptop or PC, then you must be looking for the solution. If you are in trouble with the error code 4, then here is the perfect solution for you. Just go through this article and follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue.
Here are the Efficient Solutions to Fix the Avast Error Code 4:
This error is a common problem for all the Avast antivirus users. If you are facing the Avast business boot scan error code 4, then here is the solution. This issue mainly happens due to the conflict between two different security software or due to the backdated Avast antivirus files. So, you need to keep your eye on this article for quick troubleshooting solutions.
Here, we are going to discuss some of the easy solutions which will help you out from the Avast error code 4 manually. Go through the solutions that are mentioned below to get rid of the situation.
Method 1: Uninstall the Avast Software
If you have faced Avast an error occurred during this scan error code 4, then you should uninstall the previous installation of the Avast software to get rid of the situation. To do it, follow the steps:
- At first, move on to the Control Panel option
- Then, click on the Uninstall a program option
- After that, right-click on the software which you needed to uninstall.
- Next, select the Uninstall option and check if the problem is resolved or not
Method 2: Update the Windows Version
If the steps which are mentioned above in this article did not help you to fix the issue then, you should try to update your Windows version. Here are the steps which will help you to fix the issue.
- To update your Windows with the newest version, at first, you need to go to the Start button and click on it.
- After that, click on it and then go to the Settings option. In the Settings, click on the Update and Security option and go to the Windows Update. After that, you have to click on the Check for updates option. If you find any of the updates are available, then install them in your system
- If the newest version is not offered automatically, then you have to click on the Check for updates option
- When you get the update option then, click on it and let your system to be updated. You have to wait for a few minutes to complete the updating procedure
- After that, reboot your computer again. Wait a few moments to finish it then, restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not
Method 3: Run the SFC or the System File Checker
System File Checker or the SFC is a free benefit which helps the people to scan damaged system files and helps to resolve it automatically. If you want to run it in your system, then you can follow the steps written below.
- At first, you need to click on the “Start” Button
- Then, type CMD in the searching box.
- After that, right-click on “CMD” and run it as the administrator.
- Then, type the command which is mentioned in the below command prompt section “sfc /scannow”
- Press the Enter button from your keyboard after entering the command
Method 4: Use the Safe Mode and Restart the PC
If you failed to do all the steps which are discussed in the earlier part, then you should try to run the safe mode in your system. For running the safe mode in your computer, you need to perform the steps next to you.
- At first, go to the Start button
- Then, you need to type MSCONFIG,
- After that, click on the Boot option from the appearing dialog box
- Then, select the Safe Boot from the Boot Option
- After completing all the steps which are mentioned in the earlier part, now select the Network and Reboot your laptop. Then, check if the problem still persists or not.
Hope, this article will help you to resolve the Avast error code 4. If you need more information on Avast related issues then, you can visit our website. Here, you can get enough information to resolves the Avast related errors. If still, you find that the issue persists, then get in touch with a professional for help.