Avast error 42125 is one of the most frequent anti-virus errors that is encountered by Avast users. Every PC and laptop users are aware of the fact that the virus is a big threat to the computer or the other systems that you use. The same thing also goes with malware. The most important and effective security software solutions that you can use for getting some protection in your systems is Avast antivirus. However, your trust factor might get a setback, if you face some errors in the anti-virus system. There is no doubt that Avast error 42125 falls into this discussion.
If you are too much bothered with the issues related to Avast antivirus or getting this particular error while using Avast antivirus, then this article is particularly for you. Here you will get troubleshooting methods for resolving all the problems that you face.
Symptoms To Detect Avast Error 42125:
If you notice any of these symptoms in your laptop or PC which has Avast antivirus, then there are chances that your laptop might come across this error.
- You can easily identify the avast error 42125 when you find that your keyboard and mouse work response is very slow.
- You will find very frequent freezing of the system.
- Sometimes error 42125 is also displayed during the installation of the antivirus program in the laptop or PC.
Possible Causes for the Avast Error 42125:
Due to this Avast error 42125, the zip archive files corrupt. Zip files are important when you want to compress multiple files together into a single file. It also allows you to transfer large files to a zip file. But if you are getting error 42125 zip archive is corrupted Avast, before you jump to a solution, you can take a look below to find the main causes behind the occurence of this error.
- When the Avast software does not install on your computer completely
- Due to the corrupt download of the Avast software.
- If virus and malware attack on your system because the virus and malware generally corrupt the Windows system files or antivirus related program files.
- If you delete some files from Avast antivirus by mistake, then this error might occur.
Thus, it can be seen that the error 42125 can occur due to multiple reasons. Therefore, it is important to eliminate all possible causes to prevent recurrence of this error in your laptop and PC. In addition to this, if you know the reason why this error occurs, then it would be beneficial for you to prevent it.
Follow These Essential Methods To Fix Avast Error 42125:
Method 1: Clean the Junk Files From the System
If you surfing the internet on your system, there is a great possibility that your computer gathers some junk files from the web browser on your computer. It is necessary to remove the junk files timely because it can be the cause for error 42125. Though only removing the junk files will not solve this problem, but if you do not delete the junk file timely, it will damage your system. However, it can also slow down the speed of your system dramatically.
In order to clean the junk files, follow the below mention process:
- Click on the Start menu.
- Open the search box and type cmd to launch the command prompt. Do not press the Enter button immediately.
- Press Ctrl + Shift simultaneously and then press Enter.
- A permission dialog box will prompt on your system screen.
- After that, click on Yes option.
- Then, you will see a black box on your screen.
- In that box, type cleanmgr and then press Enter.
- After that, you will see that the Disk Cleanup will begin to calculate how much space gets occupied with the junk files. In most of the cases, it is found that the temporary files occupy most spaces.
- Then, check the box which you want to clean and press Ok.
If this process doesn’t work out, move on to the next step.
Method 2: Update Your Device Driver
Avast error 42125 can even occur if you do not update your device driver to its latest version. The device driver might not work at times for various reasons. But the best thing is that you can also fix this error with ease by simply updating the device driver.
It is very difficult to find a hardware device driver. You can directly search the manufacturer site to find the hardware but it takes time. Once you search the most appropriate device driver for your PC, you need to download and install the latest version of the device driver. It is recommended not to install the wrong driver in your device as it can make the situation complicated. If you find any issues in updating your device driver manually, then you can also do it automatically by taking help of the tools available online.
Method 3: Scan Your System
Sometimes, scanning your system can solve your problem and might prove useful in resolving this error. To scan the system, you need to follow the below steps:
- Click on the Start button and then open the Search box.
- In the search box, type cmd and then right click on the search result to open the list. After that, select Run as administrator option from that list.
- Once the Command Prompt window opens, type ‘sfc /scannow’ and then press the Enter button.
- After the scan completes, reboot your system and then check if the Avast antivirus works fine without any error message.
Method 4: Reinstall Your Avast Antivirus Program
You can try this method to remove the Avast error 42125. Just uninstall the avast program and reinstall it with an updated version.
To uninstall it, go through the steps below:
- Go to the Control Panel option. Select Program and Features option from the list.
- Search for Avast! Antivirus Error 42125-associated program under the column.
- Tap on that option.
- Then, click the uninstall option to uninstall the avast program.
- Restart the system to save the changes.
To reinstall it again on your computer, you can go through the steps discussed below: But before that, make sure that your system has a good internet connection.
- Open any web browser and enter any search engine in the address bar.
- Then, type Avast Download for your system and hit the Enter option.
- This will open the Avast home page. In that page, you will get the download option. Just click on that.
- It will automatically download on your computer and after that, hit the install option as soon as the download procedure gets completed.
- It will install on your system. After the installation process gets completed, you need to restart your computer.
After successfully reinstalling the Avast program, you can check whether the problem is still there or not.
Method 5: Update the Windows on Your System
Microsoft continuously launches the Windows update to improve the system files which might be the possible reason behind this error. You have to update the Windows accordingly to seamlessly work with it. There is no doubt that a simple Windows update can resolve your problem.
Follow the guidelines below to update the Windows effectively:
- Go to the Start button.
- Then, take the mouse cursor to the Computer option.
- Right-click on it.
- You will see a list of options after clicking on that.
- Choose Properties from that option.
- Then, search for the Windows Update. You will find the option in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Check whether an update is available there or not. If available, then update the Windows by installing the updated version. Then, restart your computer to apply the update on your computer.
With the above-mentioned steps, you can easily resolve your Avast error 42125. But if you have any queries regarding this or you failed to resolve the error by following the above steps, then you can opt for professional assistance to get rid of this error.