Youtube is a crucial application for all the users’ in their regular life. However, none of the applications are error-free and so is the Youtube application. Among all of its issues and bugs, Adblock not working on Youtube issue is one of the most common ones that usually transpires due to a number of reasons regarding the browser. This issue stops the users to sip the Ads that lasts more than a minute. It seems quite frustrating when you have a lot of work on Youtube and the Ads are going on that you cannot skip. Several users are puzzled with this bothersome issue and have reported this problem.
So, if you are one of those hopeless lots, dealing with this bothersome situation and wondering for some amazing hacks to crack this issue, then this is the right place you have arrived on. In this content, we will explore all the probable causes and effective solutions to terminate this issue as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for Adblock not Working on Youtube Issue Occurrence
If your system is affected by the Adblock not working on Youtube issue, then there might be several reasons behind this error. This issue mainly occurs due to an incomplete logging to the Google account. Besides, there might even be some technical faults with the Adblock extension on youtube. If you have not updated the filter lists on the Youtube extension, then it will result in this issue occurrence on your computer system. Sometimes, the users’ have mistakenly disabled the extension on Youtube, which is another prime suspect for this issue. Using an outdated browser or if the browser goes corrupted or faulty, then it will also cause this error. However, we have enough solutions to deal with this issue that we will discuss in the next segment.
Effective Methods to Fix Adblock Not Working On Youtube Issue
We have arranged a few effective methods in order to repair Adblock plus not working on Youtube issue. You can now go through either one of these solutions or you can try all of the methods until you get the Youtube service back as it was earlier.
Method 1: Log Out and then Log back into the Google Account from Windows
If your Windows go stuck on Adblocker not working issue on Youtube, then this might be due to some technical glitches regarding your Google account. In this case, you need to first log out of the service and then, log back into the account to start with the primary step of fixing this error. Go through the steps below to accomplish the task:
- At first, turn on the computer and open a web browser to get into the Youtube service.
- When the Youtube is launched successfully, click on the Youtube logo from the top of the Home page.
- After that, click on the Youtube subdomain from the browser and click on the arrow beside the name of your account.
- Now, on the next screen, drive to the Navigation Bar and click on the Sign-out option from the bottom the list.
- After successfully log out the service, simply close all the tabs and launch the Youtube service back again.
- After that, do the same steps mentioned above to log into the service back.
- Enter the Gmail ID and the Password and click on the Sign-in button from the bottom of the screen.
Now, simply close all the windows and restart the computer manually as usual. And see if the Adblock plus not working on youtube issue is now resolved. If still, you are facing the issue or the above method doesn’t work, try another solution discussed below.
Method 2: Disable and then Re-enable the Adblock Extension on Youtube
Youtube has an in-built feature to disable or enable the Adblock extension that is useful to prevent the ads from skipping. Some of the ads last around a minute which is unskippable and several users are frustrated with that situation. Hence, go through the steps below in order to disable and then re-enable the Adblock extension on Youtube:
- At first, turn on your computer and open a valid browser and tap on the three horizontal dots from the top-right corner of the screen.
- When the dropdown menu appears on the next screen, click on the Extension option which is the third-last option on the menu.
- Locate the Adblocker option from the very bottom of the list and disable it in order to solve the problem.
Now, simply close all the tabs and restart the computer as usual you do. Next, see if the Adblock not working on youtube error is now resolved. If the issue still survives or the above method doesn’t work, try another solution below.
Method 3: Update the Browser’s Extension to the Latest Version
If you are struggling with this error on your browser, then you definitely update the browser’s extension to check if the issue is resolved. Go through the steps below in order to get back your PC as it was before:
- At first, turn on the computer and launch an accurate browser to proceed with this method.
- After that, check the developer mode from the very top of the Extension page and click on that.
- Now, click on the Update Extension Now option from the list and wait for the download to complete.
- The file will save as “.crx” and click on Continue anyway option if prompted.
- Click on the Extension page and enable it back when the download is completed.
- Now, click on the Trashcan option to delete the old version of the Extension file and then click on the Delete option.
- After that, locate the downloaded extension file from the download list and double-click on that.
- click on the Add option from the very bottom of the screen if you are asked for the confirmation.
- At last, when the installation is completed successfully, simply close all the tabs and exit the window.
Restart the computer manually as usual after successfully completing all the above steps. Now see if the Adblock not working on youtube is fixed or not. If the above method doesn’t work or the issue still continues, try another solution discussed below.
Method 4: Update the Youtube Filter Lists Manually on your Desktop
You need to update the filter lists on youtube regularly in order to get escape from this annoing issue. Go through the steps below to accomplish the task.
- At first, launch an accurate browser from your desktop and locate the Adblock button from the toolbar.
- After that, drive to the top of the screen and click on Options and after that click on Adblock button.
- Now, you can see the Filter Lists option on the menu, click on that to proceed to the next step.
- After that, click on the Update now option from the very bottom of the screen and wait for all the lists to complete the update.
After successfully updating all the filter lists on Youtube, simply restart the computer and see if the issue is now resolved. If the issue still continues or the above method doesn’t aid, try another solution below.
Method 5: Remove the Old Browser and then Install a Fresh Version of that Browser
If the above methods don’t work, you need to first uninstall the old version of that browser and install a fresh version of it. Go through the steps below in order to accomplish the task:
- At first, turn on your computer and tap the Windows start button to invoke the Control Panel.
- After that, type Control Panel into the search pane and click on that to invoke the action.
- When the Control Panel opens on the next screen, locate the Programs option and click on that.
- Locate the browser that you want to Uninstall and right-click on that.
- Select the Uninstall option from the list and click on that to complete the task.
- When the uninstallation completes, open a different browser and go to the manufacturer’s browser’s site that you have uninstalled.
- Select the OS and the computer’s bit and click on the Download button below the screen.
- After that, click on the Download and Install button and this will start downloading the file.
- Now, double-click the file from the download list and click on the Extract option
- After that, click on Run and tick the checkbox to accept all the terms and conditions to install the file.
- Click on Next repeatedly until the file starts installing.
- At last, click on Finish when the installation is completed and simply close all the tabs.
After completing all the above steps accurately, you are no longer affected with this error on your browser or with the Youtube services.
Drawing the End
We have shared all the effective and time-saving solutions in order to solve Adblock plus not working on Youtube issue. You can go through either one of these solutions or all of the above methods until you have the issue solved permanently. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to fix Adblock not working on Youtube in no time. In case the issue still persists, then either there might be some internal faults or you have done something opposite with those steps. In that case, confidently you can consult with a software engineer or opt for a professional guidance for any further assistance. Lastly, we counsel you to submit your valuable feedback below in the comment box to let us grasp about your experience.