Razer Synapse helps the users to save all of the configurations and settings of cloud-based storage in the system. Stats, maps, hardware configurator, etc also come with Razer Synapse. But nowadays, users report the Razer Synapse not opening issue quite often. There are various reasons behind this issue, such as outdated or damaged drivers, bad system files, and malware.
If you are dealing with this issue, then you don’t need to panic. There are various solutions that can help you to fix the problem with Razer Synapse. In this article, we are going to provide you some of the effective fixes. So, let us start reading the article to fix the issue on your own.
Effective Solutions to Troubleshoot Razer Synapse Not Opening
Here, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that will help you to fix the problem Razer Synapse 3 not opening. So, go through the following part of the article.
Method 1: Reinstall the Razer Synapse Software
If you are dealing with the Razer Synapse not opening Windows 10 issue, then at first, reinstall Razer Synapse. The undergoing part of the article will help you to do so.
At first, press the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard. This will help you to open the Run dialog box. Then, write “appwiz.cpl” in the dialog box. And, hit the Enter button. After that, a new window will appear on your computer’s screen. Then, do as per directed. Right-click on the Razer Synapse and Razer Core application and click on the Uninstall button.
Thereafter, open Run dialogue box again and type ‘file explorer’. Hit enter and this will open the File Explorer window. Now, move on to the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer.
Next, unhide all the hidden folders from the directory. Then, move the cursor to the View tab which is located at the top of the screen and click on it. Verify the Hidden items option.
Now, you have to delete all the present files from the folder location. Thereafter, the UAC pop up will appear on the screen for confirmation. Now, click on the Yes button. And delete all the files from the directory C:\ProgramData\Razer directories. And then, Restart your computer.
Furthermore, you will need to proceed by pressing the Win key + R button at the same time from your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. And write “devmgmt.msc”. Then, open the category of Razer device that you are using. Now, click on the uninstall device option.
Once are done with the steps, click on the Uninstall button. Then, verify the “Delete the driver software for this device” option. If you have any doubt about some of the drivers, then you should uninstall those drivers. After that, restart your device.
Now, disable the Firewall or the security software. Then, go to the official website of Microsoft and install the newest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework. After that, Reboot your computer and download the newer version of Razer Synapse from its official website. And finally, check if the problem is still appearing or not.
Method 2: Disable the Razer Surround
If you are still facing the problem Razer Synapse not opening Windows 10, then you should disable the Razer Surround from the system. The steps to follow are:
- At first, you will need to follow the steps that we have mentioned in method 1 to reinstall the Razer Synapse software. And download the Razer Synapse software in an accessible location.
- After, installing the software, log into your account and connect the Synapse with the internet.
- Thereafter, two options will appear on the top-left side of the screen: Razer Surround and Synapse Update.
- At the next step, click on the Razer Surround option and immediately cancel it. But wait if the update/upgrade/install Razer Surround is the reason for the issue.
- After that, click on the “Synapse Update” option to update the Synapse software.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Method 3: Close the Razer Processes
You can also get rid of the problem by closing the Razer Processes. You should follow the steps that we have described in this part of the article:
- At first, right-click on the Taskbar and click on the Task Manager option.
- Then, choose any of the Razer processes that are listed under the background processes.
- Thereafter, click on the End Task option. This will help you to close the Razer processes.
- After that, close the Task Manager and perform the Synapse as an administrator.
Method 4: Update the Windows OS
If you failed to do the steps from the above part of the article, then you should update the Operating System. If the steps are unknown to you, then follow the instruction:
- At first, press the Win key + S button both at the same time to open the Start menu. Otherwise, you can simply click on the Start button.
- After that, click on the search bar and write down ‘Windows update’. Then, click on the relevant result.
- Then, click on the “Check for updates” option from the Update Settings section.
- If an update is available, then click on it and wait for a few minutes till the procedure is complete.
- Once you are done with the steps, restart the system.
Method 5: Disable the Firewall
The problem can get fixed by disabling Firewall. To do so:
- At first, press the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Then, write down ‘firewall.cpl’ in the dialog box. And, click on the OK button.
- After that, the Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel will appear.
- Now, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Now, click on the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options. Then, click to OK button and check if the problem with Razer Synapse 3 not opening is resolved or not.
Summing it up
In this article, we have tried to provide all the possible solutions that can help you to fix the Razer Synapse not opening problem. Follow the steps to fix the error easily. If you have any more questions regarding this topic, then do let us know in the comment section.