If you use the 64-bit version of Windows, then you may find a “SySWow64” named folder on the hard drive. Now, the real question comes is it a virus?
SySWow64 is not a virus. It is mainly a folder, that manages the files associated with 64-bit. However, if you note that you are receiving unwanted advertisements or programs on the device, then it could be the effect of adware.
Cyber-criminals have managed to design adware with a similar name to creates unnecessary complications for Windows users. You will get continuously pop-up advertisements in the Web Browsers.
Besides, the SySWow64 virus can access important information and use a generous amount of the system’s resources. If you are getting this adware in Windows 10 system, you don’t have to worry.
This article will help you with the most effective solutions to get rid of such an issue.
Methods to Remove Syswow64 Virus
If you want to remove the Syswow64 virus from the Windows system, you have to follow the below-mentioned procedures:
Reboot the PC to Safe Mode Networking
Rebooting the Windows 10 system to the Safe Mode will not remove the Syswow64 Virus from the device but will help you to incorporate the removal procedures.
For Windows 10 users:
- First, you have to hold the Power button when in the Windows Login screen.
- Now, you have to tap on the Shift button.
- Click on the Restart button after pressing the Shift button.
- You have to choose the Troubleshoot option next.
- From the Troubleshoot Tab, choose the “Advanced Options”.
- Next, you have to go to the “Startup Settings” section.
- And now choose the “Restart” option.
- Once the computer starts again, you have to choose the “Enable Safe Mode with Networking’ option from the Startup Settings windows
Method 1: Remove Syswow64 Using the “System Restore” Option
Now, follow this method to remove the virus using the System Restore Choice:
- You have to first, press the Windows and R key together.
- Write “cmd” in the Run Command box.
- Once the Command Prompt window will show, you have to enter “cd restore” in the box.
- Next, you have to hit the Enter button. Now, you have to write “rstrui.exe” in the box.
- Hit the “Enter” button to run the program. A new window will appear on the Windows screen.
- Next, you have to click on the “Next” button and select the “Restore Point” from that tab.
- Now, write the error name “ Syswow64” there. You have to click on the “Next” option.
- Click on the “Yes” to start the System Restore process.
Once you are done with the above process, download an antivirus program to remove the SYSwow64 virus from the Windows 10 system.
Method 2: Uninstall SySWoW64 Virus From Control Panel
To remove the SySWoW64 error from Windows 10 system, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start button and write “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Now, you have to go to the “Programs” section. Click on the “uninstall a program” section.
- You will find a list of installed programs in that section.
- Now, you have to navigate for the SysWoW64 program to uninstall it.
- Choose the program and double click on it.
- After that click on the Syswow64 program and now choose the “Uninstall” button.
Now, you have to restart the device and check if the problem is still there.
Method 3: Remove SysWoW64 Add-ons and Extension From Windows 10
You can remove the Syswow64 virus from the web browsers that you use in the Windows 10 system.
For Google Chrome Users:
You have to follow the instructions that are given below:
- You have to first click on the “ Customise Icon” (You will find this next to the address bar).
- Now, search for the “Tools” option.
- Next, you have to go to the “Extensions” section from the Tools option.
- Find the SySWoW64 extension from the Extension Tab.
- Now, you have to remove the SysWoW64 extension. And for that, you have to click on the Trash icon.
For Mozilla Firefox Users:
If you use Mozilla Firefox, then you have to go through the following steps:
- You have to hold the Ctrl, Shift, A key together.
- Now, you have to search for the “Extensions and Plugin” option.
- Search for the “SysWoW64” add-on and remove it from the Web browser.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer Users:
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, to remove the SySWoW64 virus you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions carefully.
- You have to first open Internet Explorer. Now, tap on the Tools button.
- Now, you have to choose the “Manage Add-ons” option.
- On the “Toolbars and Extension” tab, find for the “SySWoW64” add-on and delete it.
These are the effective steps that will help you to get rid of the SySWow64 virus from the Windows 10 system. If you have any queries you can share them through the comment section below.