Launchpage.org is basically a web browser hijacker and can come with other free software downloaded from the internet. Once you install the free software into the machine, it will alter the browser settings and set ‘Launchpage.org’ as the homepage.
If you download and install some files or programs from this homepage, then the Launchpage.org virus can also get into the computer. This malicious code can even add itself to the shortcuts and the ‘Start Menu’ of the Windows system.
Go through this article fully and apply all the removal methods presented in the section below to get rid of this virus.
Solutions to Delete the Launchpage.org Virus
In this section of the article, there will be a number of methods that will help you to remove the Launchpage.org virus from the computer.
Remove the Launchpage.org Application from the Computer
The first thing you can try is removing the Launchpage application from your PC. The steps to do that are mentioned below.
- First, press the ‘Cortana’ logo on the taskbar. This action will open up a default search section of the Windows OS.
- Next, within that section, type in the text “control panel” on the empty space and then from the search output locate and then select the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- As soon as you do that, a new window with the name ‘Control Panel’ will come up.
- Now, out of the settings presented there, choose the one that says “Programs”. A new page within that window will come up, in it, select the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Once the option is chosen, another page will come up. Within that page, you will get to see the applications installed on your computer in a list.
- From that list, locate and select the ‘Launchpage.org’ program. After that, right-click on the chosen program and then from the popup menu that comes up, choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- At this moment, a new installer window will come up, in it, follow the instructions that come up on the screen and then accordingly select the ‘Uninstall’ button, to remove the software.
- After the uninstallation process is complete, close all the applications that are open.
- At last, restart the computer and check if this malicious code is still present or not.
Use Windows Defender to Delete Launchpage.org Virus
To get rid of the Launchpage.org virus from the computer, all you have to do is scan the computer with Windows Defender. In order to do that, follow the steps presented below.
- First, press the keys ‘Windows + I’ simultaneously. This action will open up a new window having a heading “Windows Settings”.
- Within this window, there will be various settings categories specific for the Windows OS, that can be altered by you whenever there is a necessity.
- Among all those settings, choose the one that says ‘Update & Security’. As soon as you do that, a new page within that window will come up.
- Inside that page, go to the left pane and choose the ‘Windows Defender’ option. Next, move to the right pane and under the heading ‘Windows Defender’, select the ‘Open Windows Defender Security Center’ button.
- Now, a new window with the name ‘Windows Defender Security Center’ will come up. In this window, go to the left side and then click on the ‘Virus and Threat Protection’ button.
- On the new page that comes up, locate the ‘Quick scan’ button and then under it, choose the ‘Advanced scan’ link. Another page will come up next, in it, you will get three types of scan categories “Full scan”, “Custom scan” “Offline scan”.
- Out of those three categories, choose the “Full scan” option. This process takes some time to complete, so wait patiently.
- Once the scanning process is complete, remove the malicious code from the computer.
- Lastly, restart the computer and inspect if this virus is still present or not.
Reconfigure the Browser to Original Settings
When none of the above methods are able to remove the Launchpage.org virus from the computer, then as the last answer all you can do is to reset the browser to its default settings.
Here, you will get to learn the method for doing that for all types of browsers. So follow them accordingly.
Open the Chrome browser -> click on the three dots on the top right and then select the ‘Settings’ option. -> Select the ‘Advanced’ combo box -> Scroll to ‘Reset and clean up’ section -> Choose the ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ -> Click ‘Reset settings’.
Launch the ‘Mozilla Firefox’ application -> tap on the “three consecutive lines” -> Tap on the ‘Help’ option -> Select the ‘Troubleshooting Information’ -> Choose the ‘Refresh Firefox’ button -> On the confirmation dialog box select the ‘Refresh Firefox’ button again.-> At last, click the ‘Finish’ button.
Start the Internet Explorer browser -> Locate and click on the ‘Gear’ icon -> Select ‘Internet Options’ -> select the ‘Advanced’ tab -> Under this tab, find and choose the ‘Reset’ button -> Inside the new dialog box, put a checkmark in the ‘Delete personal settings’ option -> Now, choose the ‘Reset’ button -> Finally, tap on the Close button.
Eradicating the Launchpage.org virus from your computer is easy if you follow the methods provided in this article. Mention which method was useful in removing this malicious code in the comment section below.