QuickBooks is an amazing solution for users to run their business smoothly. But QuickBooks users face some errors too. Among them, QuickBooks error 6123 is quite common. At the time of upgrading a company file to QuickBooks, restoring a backup or when you open a company file from a network server, you might come across this issue.
The Causes QuickBooks Error 6123
There are many reasons that can play a vital role in causing this error. Such as:
- Firewall settings interrupting QuickBooks to open the company files.
- Restoring a company file from an external storage device.
- A Damaged QuickBooks Company data file can cause such annoying problems.
- If your computer has any preinstalled antivirus, there is a possibility of you to face such problems.
- This problem can happen because of damaged Windows too.
- It can result from QuickBooks Desktop Services. Disrupted network connection from the host server.
Processes To Solve The QuickBooks Error 6123 At The Earliest
Here, we have listed some easy processes to fix the error 6123. So, let’s check the solutions one by one.
Process 1: Rename .ND and .TLG file
- Open the folder having the company file.
- And then, from that folder, choose the corresponding .ND file on your computer.
- Next, you have to right-click on the company file and then choose Rename option.
- Now, rename the .ND file to .ND.OLD and go ahead.
- In the next step, you have to select .TLG file and Rename them.
- Here, Rename the .TLG file to .TLG.OLD and go to the next step.
- Finally, we hope that now you can open your QuickBooks company files without any hassle.
Process 2: Move Company Files To A Different Location
Try to move QuickBooks to a different location and open it if you are facing QuickBooks error 6123. Copy the server connection file if you are using one to your PC and open the file. Then, move the company files in the folder for the server connection files. After that, check if the problem is resolved.
Process 3: Reinstall QuickBooks
Reinstalling the QuickBooks can help you to resolve the problem. To do so, follow the next steps:
- First of all, you have to uninstall the QuickBooks that is currently running your PC. To do so, go to the Control Panel and uninstall it.
- Ensure that you have your product key and license information in your hand.
- And now, download the latest version of QuickBooks that you would like to use in your device.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions and install QuickBooks.
- Next, you have to fill out the product key and license information properly.
- Now, we hope you will be able to resolve QuickBooks error code 6123.
Process 5: Create A New Windows User
By creating a new Windows User you can solve the problem as there is a possibility of the current Windows User Login of yours being corrupted.
- Open Control Panel.
- Under User icon, you can see ‘Create New User Option’. Select it.
- Here, you have to continue by selecting ‘Administrator’ for user type.
- Now, simply log out of the existing user and go ahead.
- After that, you need to reboot the computer. And then, use the new user credentials and log in.
- Next, move the company file to the desktop from its present location.
- Lastly, you can easily open QuickBooks and get access to your company files.
Process 6: Disable The Antivirus Program
If you have an antivirus program on your computer, then this can prevent you to open QuickBooks company files. To fix this issue, you have to disable the antivirus and then try to open the file.
This kind of error is frequent and you can tackle this problem by yourself with the help of this article. We hope that you are now free from this problem. Feel free to express your doubts in the comment section. And, don’t forget to stay connected with our website for such articles with effective solutions.