QuickBooks is considered as one of the best accounting softwares as it is secure, accurate and reliable. Despite being popular, users often come across a strange QuickBooks error 3371 which basically states, ‘QuickBooks could not load license data’. This error code mainly occurs due to a damaged or missing file. If you’re one of them who come across this similar problem, do not fret. Here, in this article, we have provided a step-by-step guide to get rid of the error code. Hence, let’s take a glance below to find out what triggers this annoying error code and how can it be fixed.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
When you validate data during reinstalling or installing QuickBooks, all of a sudden you come across QuickBooks error code 3371 with status code 11118. In such situations, you get confused why the valid license not working while they already paid or this. Basically, this is not a license expiration issue. If the QuickBooks files get corrupted or damaged, then this kind of error code can occur. Now, find out the complete details of this error code in the under-mentioned section.
Probable symptoms of QuickBooks error 3371
The indications that generally lead to QuickBooks error code 3371 are mentioned below for your reference.
- All of a sudden you’re unable to access your company file in the QuickBooks.
- Besides, you find that the repairing installation failed.
- For mysterious HTML files, you get stuck with various prompts.
- You’re unable to access your QuickBooks Desktop information.
Why does QuickBooks error code 3371 Occur?
There are a number of causes behind this frustrating error code. Generally, when the files are damaged, corrupt or missing then the software must have validated its license each and every time it boosts.
- QBregistration.dat: This is a basic QuickBooks device setup. During installation, it contains some important information. It also has an overview of QuickBooks license information.
- MSXML component: It is a necessary file component that allows you to get back the previous information. It is a Microsoft registered file component.
- Besides, any security programs that are unable to recognize the application or program ends up blocking it instead. If there is any clash between the security software and your company file this kind of error code can occur. Moreover, this also ends up quarantining your files and folders as spyware or trojan.
- Apart from this, if you run an older version of Windows, then you might encounter this error code with several status codes. Thus, you need to up-to-date your OS to the current version and security patches.
- Furthermore, there can be a connectivity and network issue that can cause this error code. When you try to access that file while saving it, you might encounter this error code 3371. In such situations, you need to first import .QBO file and then save your work.
- Moreover, virus infection can also be responsible for this issue. As virus has corrupted the QuickBooks pro-related files or Windows system files.
- Also, outdated Operating System may lead to this issue.
Easy hacks to fix QuickBooks error 3371
Here, in this section, we have provided some tried and tested methods to fix this issue. Check out the simple steps to resolve QuickBooks error 3371.
Solution 1: Rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file
In order to fix QuickBooks error 3371, you need to rename the entitlementdatastore.ecml file. Here, we have mentioned varied steps for different versions of Windows. Hence, keep your eyes fixed till the end.
For Windows 7 Users:
- Primarily, go to the Start icon.
- Then, select the My Computer button and press the C: drive.
- Now, navigate to the Program’s DataIntuit Entitlement Clientv* (where * is used as a number).
- After that, you need to rename the files. Thus, open your QuickBooks and then create a new file.
- There, you might not find the Program Data, as it might be possible as the folder may be hidden.
- Thus, you need to unhide the Program Data. To do so, go to the Start icon and hit the Computer button.
- Them, locate and select the Organized Folder and Search options.
- Once you are done, simply navigate to the View Column and choose the Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives.
For Windows XP Users:
- To begin, go to the Start button.
- Then, select the My Computer and press the C: drive button.
- Now, navigate to the Documents And Settings option.
- Once you’re done, select All Users and select the ApplicationData.
- Then, locate and choose theIntuuitEntitlement Clientv2.
- Next, hit the OK button and rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
Solution 2: Register with Intuit
To get rid of the QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118, you need to register with Intuit. To do so, follow the below instructions:
For Windows XP Users:
Go to the Start icon first and then select the Ruin button. Then, apply the below mentioned commands:
C: Documents and Settings User Application DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2
Now check and if you find folders with “v”, keep in mind to search for the one which is the latest one and click on OK. Now, rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file. This is for the clickers, simply Explore your way in order to C: Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Intuit Entitlement Client v* folder. At last, delete or rename it.
For Windows 7 Users:
At first, click on: C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client*. Remember here ‘*’ is a number. Now, you need to rename the errant file. When you start the application, the QuickBooks will automatically create a new folder. Then, select the Computer and then click on the Organize. Then, look for and select the Folders and Search button. Once you are done, simply go to the View and look for the Show Hidden Files and Folders option. Once you find it, simply click on it and start the QuickBooks. Now, you should be good to go.
Solution 3: Install the latest Windows updates
If you are running an older version of Windows then you might come across this error code, Thus, you need to install the latest Windows updates. To do so, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- On your desktop, go to the Windows logo and choose the All Programs button.
- Then, look for and select the Windows Update button.
- Now, install the latest updates.
Solution 4 Reinstall QuickBooks
If none of the methods works for you then you might need to reinstall the QuickBooks. To do so, simply follow the below instructions:
Primarily, press the Windows logo key and R function keys simultaneously on your keyboard. Now, the Run Command will open, where you need to type Control Panel. Then, select it from the result list. Next, look for and select the Programs And Features button. Once you are done, simply hit the QuickBooks button and choose the Uninstall option. Now, follow the on-screen instructions in order to finish the procedure.
We hope, now you have a clear idea of QuickBooks error 3371 and its solutions. If you have further queries then do leave comments section below. Let us know if this article was helpful for you.