The PlayStation 4 from Sony is one of the most popular gaming consoles in the world. With this, you will be able to play the latest games available online. It has some of the best graphics and on top of that, it consists of some of the best features that can create the ultimate gaming experience. But the thing is that it is still vulnerable to a lot of technical glitches which would hamper the proper performance of the system. One of the errors that a lot of users of this gaming console have reported is the PS4 port forwarding.
In case if you are currently facing this issue, then you do not have to worry at all. As the PS4 remote play port forwarding issue is something that you will be able to fix all by yourself. The instructions that we have listed here in this article is going to help you do that.
Possible Causes Which Led to PS4 Port Forwarding Issue:
As we have said that the PS4 port forwarding issue is something that you will be able to fix yourself. But the thing is that is not going to be as simple as you might think it is.
This mainly occurs due to the complexity of the technology that is there in the Sony PS4. If you try to tweak it around in order to fix it, you might end up dealing it a lot of damage. This is going to defeat the entire purpose of try to fix this port forwarding issue.
Other than that, the instructions for solving this issue is very technical. You might find it rather difficult to understand. Even if you try to perform that, it is going to take a lot of time to do half a decent job.
That is why you should know why this issue is occurring in the first place. As with that knowledge, you will be able to avoid all the issues which you might have faced otherwise.
Then, if you have a sound understanding of why this issue is coming up, then you can seriously deal with the technicalities. Thus, you need to understand the solutions and steps carefully as well as implement them properly to get rid of this problem.
So, in this section of the article, we have laid down all the details regarding the possible causes of PS4 port forwarding.
Technical Causes Responsible for PS4 Port Forwarding Problem:
Port forwarding is a very useful feature that you can use to get a lot more out of your PS4. But if it has some technical issues, it can be really frustrating.
The first thing that comes to mind for that is if there is some issue with the network settings. Network settings are absolutely crucial to the proper functioning of this device. And the configuration of that is not right for any reason, then it is going to create a lot of problems.
Then, if you are using DMZ server instead of PS4 server, then also you might be able to use the Remote Play feature by means of port forwarding.
Also, if the UPnP of the network router that you are using for the internet connection is not active, then it can also be a major reason behind this particular issue. Even if this is not directly related to the PS4 itself, still it can be a real issue.
So these are the reasons why you might be facing the PS4 port forwarding issue. Now let us go ahead and take a look at the next section where the solutions for this issue have been described.
Know How to Resolve the PS4 Port Forwarding Issue: Stepwise Solutions
Now, in this section of the article, we are going to lay out all the solutions that you are going to need to fix this issue properly. It will be best if you can identify the exact reason for this issue. So you need to go straight to the solution part as we have covered all of it. It is going to save a lot of time.
But even if that is not the case for any reason, then keep applying these below-mentioned methods one after another. That is going to do the job for you.
Activate the UPnP of the Network Router
UPnP is the acronym for Universal Plug and Play, and this is going to be quite an important factor. But to activate this feature of the network router, you need to enable it to make it work.
Here are the steps that you need to follow –
- First, find out the Username, IP address, and the Password of the wireless router that you have.
- Now go to the web browser that you are using and type the IP to bring up the login page.
- In the login page, enter the username and the password. After that, click on the login button.
- That is going to bring up the Control window. Look for the Advanced option. Then from there, click on the Forwarding option and after that, click on UPnP.
- There, you have to switch the UPnP on.
- Click on the Save or the Apply button after that. Restart your computer to apply these changes.
- Now in your PS4, select the Settings, then Network and after that, Test Internet Connection.
- Check now to see if the NAT Type is on or not.
This is very likely going to be the proper cure for the PS4 port forwarding issue. But if it did not work for any reason, then just move on to the next solution method.
Forward Port for the PS4 Network
This can be quite an effective solution to this issue that you are facing with your Sony PS4. The following are the steps that you need to perform to make the PS4 network to forward port.
- For this process, you need to find out the IP address, username, and password. Find that out in the way we have already shown.
- Now, open up the browser from your computer and in the search panel, type in the IP address. Then hit the Enter key to go to the login page.
- In the login page, type in all those details in the necessary fields and then click on the login button.
- In the window, look for the Forward Ports section. It might vary in between ports forwarding or Virtual Server or Applications depending on the router that you have.
- Now, add the custom forwarding ports- 3480(TCP), 3478(TCP and UDP), 443(TCP), 3479(TCP and UDP) and 80(TCP).
- Now, click on the Apply button or the Save button to apply those settings.
- Finally, from your PS4, open the Settings, then on the Network. After that, click on Test Internet Connection.
After this, all you have to do is to check the NAT type of the connection. If that is wrong, then just set it the right way.
Turn your PS4 into the DMZ Server
This can be a viable solution to this issue of port forwarding. Because it is going to have some external services for all the different unknown networks.
More than that, you will be able to set the configuration of the router in the right way. This is going to carry over to the proper performance of the device as a whole.
So to do this, here are the steps that you need to perform:
- Check for the IP address from your computer with the usual method that we have discussed previously.
- Go to the web browser from your PC and type in the IP address in the search panel. Press Enter after that to open up the router login page.
- In that login page, go to the section for username and password entry panels. Type in all that information in the necessary section and click on the Login button.
- Now, in the window that comes up, click on the Advanced option and then on the Forwarding option.
- After that, click on the DMZ option.
- Next, click on the Enable option which is going to activate the DMZ.
- Now, from here, alter the IP address to put in the IP address that is in the PS4.
- In case, you use a network which has the NAT filtering option, you have to click on the open NAT filtering option.
- To apply all these, click on the Apply or the Save button. After that, just restart the router and that is going to completely activate the settings.
- Now, go to the PS4 and click on the Settings option. After that, select the Network section.
- Finally, click on the Test Internet Connection option and check for the NAT Type which is currently active.
This is very likely to solve this issue for you.
Now you have all the solutions to troubleshoot and fix the PS4 port forwarding issue. With that, you will be able to solve this issue. But sometimes it might happen that none of these methods work. That would certainly mean that there is something wrong with the system mainframe, which is a serious issue. For anything like that, get help from expert technicians. They are going to solve this for you and then you will be able to use your PS4 properly once again.