Several problems might occur with the PS4 controller that you are using right now, as it happens with many of them. One such error is the PS4 controller flashing white color light. It mainly happens at the time when you are not able to connect to the console or the console might get disconnected automatically. With certain ups and downs in the overall history of the controller, you might face this PS4 error. Being one of the most annoying problems where the controller gets unresponsive, you might be looking for its solutions in order to fix the issue. Therefore, when you face the flashes white color error with your PS4 controller you need to read this article out.
Solutions for the PS4 Controller Flashing White Color on the Go!
In this section, you will be able to solve the PS4 controller flashing white light issue as we are providing all the solutions for that here with our post. Just apply these steps one by one and that will fix this problem:
Method 1: Resetting the Controller
When you are facing this issue, the first thing you should do is reset the PS4 controller. Hence, you need to reset the controller. You will find the reset button in the back of the PS4 controller. You just simply need a small pin to insert into the hole and press the reset button that is present on the backside of the controller. In order to reset the controller completely, just go through the following steps and apply them accordingly:
- At first, take the pin and insert it into the hole. Wait for a second. After that, the PS4 controller will turn on and the white light will be blinking when you perform this action.
- After successfully resetting the controller, disable the PS4 controller completely and wait for a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, turn in the controller and try to connect it with the console. Check whether the issue still exists or not.
Method 2: Use a Micro USB Cable
If the problem still persists, then you can use a micro USB cable instead of using it wirelessly. The cable can be used to establish a connection at the beginning and from them, you can easily switch back to the Bluetooth option. Hence, follow the steps if the controller has a wrong configuration and also get reset:
- In the beginning, power down to the PS4 controller and put it into the Sleep Mode. Meanwhile, the console white light disappears, disconnect the Power Cable from the outlet.
- After that, press the Power button and hold it off for a few seconds. Next, plug in the PS4 controller with a micro USB cable. Switch on the console and hit any button. Once done, the problem might be fixed with this step. Later, if the cable does not work properly, you can change it.
Method 3: Use a Second Controller
If the above solutions do not work for you, you can use a second controller in order to fix the ps4 controller flashing white light issue. Basically, you can try the second controller to make changes in the Settings option and then plug in it with the original one which is showing the white color. You can buy it If you do not have the second controller. To perform the action, follow the steps described underneath:
- At first, plug in the second controller to the console properly and make sure that it is working correctly. After that, go to the Settings option.
- From the Settings option, move to the Device > Bluetooth Devices section. Now press the Share button from the problematic controller. After that, click on the PS button to check that the light bar is blinking twice a second.
- Meanwhile, choose the nonworking controller and make a pair with the new one. Hit the Yes option to connect the new device. Once you are done with this step check whether the problem is present or not.
Method 4: Press PS4 and Share Button As Well
Another workable solution is present there that you should try before proceeding with booting the system in Safe Mode. Simply go through the steps and apply them.
At first, press and hold the PS button and Share button together. Now, press these buttons continuously until the PlayStation 4 turns on.ps4 controller keeps flashing white
When the PS4 is enabled and check all the controls are working properly or not. Also, whether the console is responding to each command by the PS4 controller.
Method 5: Using Safe Mode
To perform advanced diagnostics of the computer and help in updating the firmware, resetting the database, you can turn on the Safe Mode option in the controller and computer as well. To enter into the Safe Mode, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- To make the PS4 controller turn on, press the Power button. The indicator will blink a couple of times.
- After disabling the PS4 controller, press the Power button and hold it for a couple of seconds. You will hear two beeps sound. Generally, the first beep is heard when you press the power button and the second beep when you continuously press that button.
- After that, plug in the controller using a USB cable and click on the PlayStation button which is present on the controller PS4. With this, you can successfully open the Safe Mode.
- In the Safe Mode, select the fifth option which is the Rebuild Database. It will help you to scan your whole device and create a new database effectively. You have to wait until the process gets finished.
When you are done with this step, try to connect the PS4 controller and check whether the white light is still present or not.
If rebuilding the database is not able to solve the process, you need to update the software. To update the software, you need to select the third option after booting it into the Safe Mode. this will help you to fix if any bugs or problems are present in the software.
On the Whole
Here, in this article, we have discussed all the possible hacks for PS4 controller flashing white error. You can try one of these solutions or all the methods in order to solve the issue instantly. Hope this article is beneficial for you. Lastly, you recommend you drop us a comment in the section below to know your experience after reading this post.