Before Windows 10 was launched, Windows 7 was a compatible Operating System that was preferred by users across the globe. Due to its unique features and a plethora of applications, this Operating System is used mostly by everyone. Since this OS has backward compatibility for all the applications that used to run on the earlier iterations of the Windows OS, therefore it has earned a lot of names. Despite this, OS has plenty of features and advanced applications, even then you can get some errors. One such error that you may encounter is the PCI simple communications controller driver Windows 7. In the section, you will get the reasons for the occurrence of this error.
Reasons For PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Windows 7
In this section, you will get various reasons behind the error PCI simple communications controller driver Windows 7.
PCI or Peripheral Component Interconnect is a slot that is used to connect various PCI devices to the computer. Basically, all the PCI devices are inserted into the PCI slot that is present on the motherboard. Among every other PCI devices, a network card is the one that connects to a computer via the particular slot. The PCI simple communication controller is a driver which executes when you install a network card, inside your machine.
The only reason for which you can get this error is when the PCI simple communications controller driver is outdated or obsolete.
Solutions To Solve PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Windows 7 Error
In this section, you will get different solutions to solve the PCI simple communications controller driver Windows 7 error.
Use Device Manager To Update This Driver
In order to update the PCI simple communications controller driver, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Right-click on the ‘Windows Logo’ that is present on the taskbar. Now, from the options list, locate the ‘Device Manager’ and select it to open.
- In the ‘Device Manager’ window, go to the ‘Other devices’ categories and expand it. Now, right-click on the driver ‘ PCI Simple Communications Controller’ and then from the popup options menu choose ‘Properties’.
- Within that driver’s ‘Properties’ dialog box, go to the tab ‘General’. After that, tap the ‘Update Driver’ button.
- Select the following option – ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’, in the new window. If this driver is available then there will be an automatic update.
To Search For Correct Driver Use Hardware Id
If the Windows cannot update this driver automatically then you can use the hardware id, in order to locate the correct driver. Follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- From the first point, follow to the second step ‘PCI Simple Communications Controller Properties.
- Now, within this driver’s ‘Properties’ window, go to the ‘Details’ tab. Under this tab, select Hardware Ids from the ‘Property’ heading.
- In the ‘Value’ heading, choose the biggest hardware ID value and then from the popup options menu, choose ‘Copy’.
- After that, go to a web browser and paste that value on the address bar to search it on the internet. Look for the right driver on the internet and download it carefully.
Use A Third-Party Software To Update The Driver Automatically
In order to update the PCI simple communications controller driver automatically with a single click, you can use any reliable third-party software that is available on the internet. This software will scan the whole system for any corrupt or outdated driver. When it will get a driver that has these limitations then, the software will download and install that driver on its own. Follow the steps below to get the third-party driver update software.
- Search and download a reliable and easy driver update/installer software from the internet. After the download process is complete, install that software.
- Now, after the installation of this software, execute it and hit the ‘Scan Now’ button to look for any problematic drivers.
- If the PCI simple communications controller driver is creating a problem, then you can see it on the list of drivers that needs to be updated.
- Locate this driver in the list and choose ‘Update’ button for this specific driver.
- If you are unable to locate the PCI simple communications controller driver then the best thing to do is to choose ‘Update All’ button. By doing this you will update all the problematic drivers which is a good thing for your machine.
If you follow the steps given above very carefully then the PCI simple communications controller driver Windows 7 error can be solved very easily. Now, if you are unable to solve this issue then post your queries below.