Overwatch no compatible graphics hardware was found an issue is one of the most complex numbers of issues that generally occurs due to an unsupported video card installed on your Windows. In most of the cases, this issue occurs during gameplay. Generally, this issue appears with an error note that says “Windows can’t found the graphics card, an unknown error occurred”. Several users are puzzled by this bothersome issue and have reported this problem. But thankfully, we got some amazing hacks to crack this issue. So, if you are one of those hopeless and looking for a permanent solution to terminate this issue, then you have landed on the right article. In this content, we will explore all the prime reasons and effective solutions to eliminate this issue as soon as possible.
Prime Causes for “Overwatch No Compatible Graphics Hardware was Found” Issue:
If your computer system is running by “overwatch no compatible graphics hardware was found” issue, then there might be several reasons behind this problem. This issue mainly occurs due to incompatible graphics or video cards. If you have mistakenly disabled the GPU scaling for AMD graphics hardware, then it will result in this issue. Third-party applications are another prime reason for this issue occurrence on your computer. If you are using the outdated version of the Windows Operating System on your computer, then it will also cause this error. However, we have enough solutions to settle this issue by implementing some of the steps that we will discuss in the next segment.
Effective Methods to Resolve Overwatch no Compatible Graphics Hardware was Found Issue:
We have arranged a few effective methods in order to eliminate no compatible graphics hardware was found overwatch issue in minutes. You can go through either one of these solutions or all the methods discussed below until you have the problem fixed.
Method 1: Uninstall and then Reinstall the Video Game to the “C” Drive
C:\\ Drive is the primary driver for every computer where every software application file is stored. If you have not installed the video game to the C drive, then you need to first uninstall the game and then reinstall it back in order to terminate this issue. Go through the effective hacks below to complete this task.
- At first, turn on the computer and tap the Windows key from the very left pane of the screen.
- After that, when the Search pane appears on the screen, type Control Panel into the box and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- Now, locate the Program and Features option from the list of results and expand the window.
- Find the game you have installed on your computer and right-click on that.
- Select the Uninstall option from the list and click on the OK button to complete the Uninstallation process.
- When the uninstallation process is completed, insert the CD/USB drive that has the game and open My Computer.
- Now, double-click on that file and click on the Extract button to install the file.
- After that, select the Run option and click on that to begin the process.
- Tick on the checkbox to accept all the terms and conditions and click on the Next button repeatedly until the file starts installing.
- At last, click on the Finish button when the installation is completed and simply exit all the tabs.
After finishing all the above steps accurately, restart the computer and see if the issue continues or not. If you are unsatisfied with the above method or if the method doesn’t aid, try another solution discussed below.
Method 2: Update the Graphics Card Driver on your Computer
If you are using an outdated graphics driver or if the driver goes corrupted, then it will result in no compatible graphics hardware was found overwatch issue on your computer. You need to check and update the driver with a new one to settle this error. Follow the hacks given below to accomplish the task.
- At first, turn on the computer and tap the Windows button from the very left corner of the screen.
- After that, type Control Panel into the search pane and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- On the next screen, when the Control Panel opens, locate the Device Manager option from the menu.
- After that, expand the category with the hardware and right-click the Graphics Driver you want to update.
- Now, click on the Browse my Computer option and then click on the Browse button to proceed next.
- This will automatically redirect you to the browser where you can download the latest version of that application.
- Click on the Download button below the screen and then click on Install and Download button.
- When the download completes, double-click the file and then click on the Extract option to begin the installation process.
- Now, click on Run and tick the checkbox to accept all the terms and conditions to continue.
- Click on the Next button repeatedly until the Graphics card application starts installing. And then click on Finish when the file is installed successfully.
After completing the installation successfully, simply close all the tabs and restart the computer manually as usual. Now see if the no compatible graphics hardware was found overwatch issue is resolved. If the error still continues or the above method doesn’t aid, try another solution given under.
Method 3: Enable the GPU Scaling Feature for AMD Graphics Hardware on your Computer
GPU scaling is an in-built feature in Windows that allows the computer to ensure the image output of the video games application that fitted to the screen. Sometimes the AMD feature goes disabled mistakenly due to several causes. Follow the steps given below in order to enable the AMD graphics hardware feature back on your PC.
- At first, turn on the computer and right-click on any empty space on the screen of your desktop to invoke the menu.
- When the menu appears on the next screen, select the AMD Radeon Settings from the list and click on that.
- On the next screen, select the Display option from the very top of the screen to proceed next.
- After that, turn the GPU Scaling option to ON and then click on the Save button below to save the changes.
After successfully completing all the above steps, exit all the tabs and restart the computer as usual. Now, see if the method works to fix this error. If still, the issue continues or the above method doesn’t work, try another solution discussed below.
Method 4: Uninstall all the Third Party Applications on your Computer
Third-party applications are one of the most reasonable aspects of this error. You need to uninstall all the third-party applications in order to settle this error code on your computer. Go through the steps below in order to accomplish the task.
- At first, turn on your computer and invoke the Run command by pressing the Windows+R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- When the Run command box appears on the next screen, type “appwiz.cpl” into the box and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- Now, locate the third-party applications from the list of all the installed applications and right-click on that.
- Select the Uninstall option from the list and click on the OK button to complete the task.
After successfully removing the third-party application from your computer, do the same process for all the applications. Now, simply restart the computer after completing the above steps accurately. Now, you are no longer affected by any issues on your computer regarding this error.
In The End
No compatible graphics hardware was found overwatch error is a bothersome matter that several users’ have encountered. We have partaken all the effective and time-saving clarifications to dismiss this error in no effort. You can go through either one of these solutions or all the solutions until you have the issue overwatch no compatible graphics hardware was found the fix. In case, the error still survives or the above methods don’t aid, then either you have done something negative with those steps or there might be some internal problems with your system. In that case, undoubtedly you can take expert’s direction or professional cooperation to get your computer back as earlier. Lastly, we counsel you to drop your valuable feedback below in the comment segment to let us know about your experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you need a graphics card for overwatch?
What GPU is best for Overwatch?
Can I run Overwatch on integrated graphics?
Yes, you can play Overwatch, which is a remarkable achievement in terms of integrated visuals.