Omegle is a type of an online chat room where you can easily video chat with a random stranger. You can use this Omegle application anywhere in the world and it’s probably the most successful website.
However, the site is still struggling with the Omegle error connecting to server. As this error occurs, you won’t be able to use the services anymore.
Hence, it is important to get rid of this error as soon as possible. Therefore, you can follow this article as it can help you to fix the issue easily.
Here, we will discuss the causes that can be held responsible for the issue. Also, we will discuss the methods that you can follow to fix the issue by yourself.
Possible Reasons for this Omegle Error Connecting to Server Issue
We will discuss some of the possible causes that can lead to this issue. Knowing the cause will help you to fix the problem in a better way.
- The main reason behind the issue may be the bad sectors in your Internet connection.
- Also, if the Omegle servers are down or failed to connect then the issue might appear.
- A permanent ban on your Omegle account can also lead to this problem.
- In case, you are using the Omegle services on an outdated web browser, then the issue can occur.
- Too many cache files and cookies on your web browser can also be held responsible for the issue.
- Using VPN or incorrect DNS servers can also lead to the issue.
- In case the Windows Firewall is active, then it can easily block the Omegle services.
Therefore, these are some of the causes that can lead to this issue. Hence, after knowing the causes you can now proceed to the solution part of the article.
Effective Methods to Fix the Error Connecting to Server Omegle
Here, we will discuss some of the methods to try out for resolving the problem. Therefore, you need to perform all the given steps of the methods to get the best positive results.
Method 1: Flush the DNS Server
Flushing the DNS server settings can help you fix the Internet connection issue. So, now follow the steps that are provided here.
- In the first step, open the Start menu and type Command Prompt in the search bar.
- From the results, right-click on the Command Prompt option and then on the Run as Administrator.
- As the Command Prompt window opens, you have to type the following commands that are listed below and hit the Enter key after typing in every command.
- First Command: ipconfig/flushdns
- Second Command: ipconfig/release
- Third Command: ipconfig/release6
- Fourth Command: ipconfig/renew
Wait for the command to execute and then close the Command Prompt window. Finally, you can check if the Omegle connects to ist server or not.
Method 2: Delete All the Cache Files and Cookies
In case you are using a web browser to run the Omegle services, then you can carry out this method. Accumulation of cache files and cookies can make the web browser slow and on the other hand, can cause this Omegle issue.
Hence, get hold of the steps that are mentioned below and solve it.
Part 1: For Google Chrome Users:
- Open the Google Chrome web browser and click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, choose the More Tools option from the list and then click on the Clear Browsing Data option.
- After that, to clear everything, you have to set the Time Range to “the beginning of time”.
- Next, check all the boxes available there and click on the Clear Data button.
Wait for the process to complete and then run the Omegle services to check if it connects or not.
Part 2: For Mozilla Firefox Users
- At first, open the Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the library-like button. This will be located at the upper right corner of the window.
- Now navigate to the History section and then choose the Clear Recent History option.
- In the next step, choose the Everything option under the Time Range section.
- Click on the arrow down symbol and then choose the cookies and cache files option from the drop-down list.
- After that, click on the Clear Now button to start the process. This cleaning process can take time so you have to wait for a while.
Once the process finishes, you can check if the Omegle problem still persists or not.
Method 3: Disable any Proxy server
In case you are using a Proxy server on your web browser, then this method is for you. Here, you have to disable the Proxy server on the web browser. To perform this method, you can carry out the steps as discussed below:
Part 1: For Google Chrome Users
- Open the Google Chrome browser and then click on the three dots as earlier.
- Now click on the Settings option from the list and scroll down to the bottom of this window.
- Expand the Advanced option and then locate the Open Proxy settings option.
- On locating the option, click on it. After that, click on the LAN Settings button in the new Internet Properties window.
- Once the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window opens, uncheck the box beside the Use a proxy server for your LAN option.
- Click on the OK button to save the new changes.
After that, you can check for the problem by running the Omegle services. Now, you can move to the next part of the method if you use the Mozilla Firefox browser to run the Omegle services.
Part 2: For Mozilla Firefox Users
- Again open the Mozilla Firefox web browser and then click on the Tools option.
- After that, click on the Options tab and go to the Advanced panel in the next window.
- In the next step, select the Network tab and click on the Settings option under the Connection section.
- As the new window appears, check the box beside the No Proxy option.
- Finally, click on the OK button and then close the web browser.
- Relaunch the web browser and check whether the Omegle services are running or not.
So, this is how you can disable the Proxy server from the Mozilla Firefox web browser. Hopefully, now you will be able to fix the issue on your own.
At the end of this article, we want to say that these are the best methods to carry out in order to fix the issue.
Hence, you can try out all the above methods so that you don’t encounter the issue in the future.
However, if the issue still occurs, then get back to us through the comments section below. Moreover, you can get help from experts.