The Netgear CM1000is an ultra-high-speed cable modem that provides a connection to high-speed cable internet with speeds up to 1 Gbps. The addition of DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 cable internet makes it ready for today’s service plans and future upgrades.
In case you have purchased a Netgear CM1000 router then, first you have to set up the device to make it work smoothly and efficiently. Now, go through the below section carefully through which you will be able to set up your Netgear CM1000 router on your own.
Installation and Setup Procedure of Netgear CM1000 Cable Modem:
To install the Netgear CM1000 cable modem, you can perform the following steps as follows:
First of all, collect the login credentials from your Internet Service Provider that are essential to log into the home page of the router. Now, turn the router off and disconnect the existing routers and modems.
Now, connect one end of the power cable with the cable modem and connect the other end to the power adapter. Make sure that the cable is connected tightly and securely. Next, connect the power adapter with the power supply.
After a few seconds, you will be able to notice that the Power LED indicator of the device lights is green. If it doesn’t, press the Power On/Off button. Hold it for a few seconds until the device is turned On.
Wait for a few seconds until the cable modem comes online. When the device is online, the Internet LED status indicator will stop blinking and light solid green. This procedure will take a minimum of 10-12 minutes to complete.
Now, connect the computer to the cable modem using an Ethernet cable that connects the system to the LAN port of the cable modem. Next, restart the computer to complete the process automatically.
Afterward, you have to perform the internet connection setup process for your Netgear CM100 cable modem. To activate the internet service, visit the official website of Netgear and complete the further processes by following the on-screen prompts.
Now, you can disconnect the system. Next, connect the router to the cable modem for internet connectivity by following these steps:
- Restart the cable modem by disconnecting the power cable. Wait for a few seconds and reconnect it back in.
- After a few moments, you will see that the Internet LED of the cable modem stop blinking and light becomes solid green.
- Now, connect the Ethernet port of the cable modem to the Internet or WAN port of the router by using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, connect the router to the power supply to turn it On. Wait for a few times until the router is ready to connect. Afterward, you can connect your computer with the router.
Now, you can log into the modem to access the home page of the modem. To do this, perform these steps as follows:
- At first, open your favored browser on your computer.
- Then, type “http://192.168.100.1” in the address bar of the browser.
- Hit the Enter key and then, enter the login credentials to log into the modem.
Now, you have completed the setup procedure of the Netgear CM1000 cable modem successfully.
How to Perform a Hard Reset of Netgear CM1000 Cable Modem?
If the Netgear CM1000 is dropping connection frequently or if it is not being responsive, then you can perform a hard reset of the router to get rid of this issue. In order to do this, you can perform the ways that are described below:
Way 1: Using the Reset Button
You can easily reset your Netgear CM1000 cable modem easily by using the Reset button of the device. To do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First, turn on the device.
- Then, take a paper clip or sharp pen and press the Restore Factory Reset button. Hold it for a minimum of 8-10 seconds.
- Once you notice that the power light of the device starts to blink, you can release it and wait for the device to start up.
- After a few seconds, you will see that the Power indicator becomes solid. It indicates that the device is ready to use.
Way 2: Using 30-30-30 Reset
If the above steps don’t work for you, you can try the steps that are given below:
- Turn the device On. Press the Reset button of the device by using a sharp paper clip or something like that. Hold it for at least 30 seconds.
- While holding the Reset button, disconnect the Power cable of the device and hold the Reset button for another 30 seconds.
- Power on the device while still holding the Reset button. Once the device turned on, you can hold the Reset button for another 30 seconds to complete the process.
It will then reset the router to the factory settings of the device.
Hopefully, the above steps will definitely help you to set up the Netgear CM1000 cable modem. If you want to read more set up guides on similar models of routers then, you can stay tuned to our posts.