The Windows Operating System users report facing MSVCP100.dll missing frequently. The problem appears with an error message while saying “The program can’t start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer”.
The issue mainly appears when the user is either trying to start the system or during the shutdown process. It can also occur even at the time of installing any faulty program on the computer.
Further, the problem can occur due to software confliction. In this article, we are going to provide you effective solutions that can help you to resolve this error, in case you are dealing with this problem.
MSVCP100.dll Missing Windows 10 Fix it Easily
If you note that MSVCP100.dll missing on Windows 10, then you should follow the methods that are given below.
Fix 1: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package MFC Security Update
You can get rid of the problem by reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Package MFC. The following steps will help you to do so.
- At first, open the Start menu by pressing the Windows logo key from the keyboard. Otherwise, you can click on the Windows logo icon on the computer screen.
- Then, write down “Control Panel” in the search box and hit the Enter button.
- After that, set the “View by” option as Category and click on the “Uninstall a program” button.
- Verify the version of the Visual C++ Redistributable program that is installed in the system. And click on the Uninstall button.
- Go through the same uninstallation procedure for other Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable programs.
- Then, reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution program from the official website and follow the onscreen prompts to reinstall it.
- Check if you have installed the correct version of Microsoft or not and then install the file.
- Lastly, reboot the computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Make a Copy of the File from a Trusted Computer
You can resolve the error by making a copy of the same file from some other computer and paste it in your computer, in place of the corrupted one.
- At first, you need to arrange another computer with the same Operating System and architectures (32-bit/64-bit)
- Press the Win key + E button from the keyboard to open the File Explorer.
- Then, move on to the “C:\Windows\System32” and copy the MSVCP100.dll there.
- Lastly, copy the same file to the same location “C:\Windows\System32” of the computer.
Then, try to open the program and verify if the problem remains the same or not.
Fix 3: Use the Command Prompt
The MSVCP100.dll missing from Windows 10 can be fixed by using the Command Prompt. Follow the instruction mentioned below.
- At first, open the Start menu and click on the Search box.
- Then, write down “Command Prompt” in the search box and hit the Enter button.
- In the prompt Window write down the following command and hit the Enter button.
“SC config wuauserv start= auto, SC config bits start= auto, SC config cryptsvc start= auto, and SC config trustedinstaller start= auto”
Lastly, restart the computer and check if the problem still appears or not.
Fix 4: Update the Driver
Try to update the driver. The following steps will help you to update the device driver.
- At first, open the Start menu, write down “Device Manager” in the search box and hit the Enter button.
- Then, click on the Device Manager option from the appearing list of results.
- Choose the category of the device that you need to update and double click on it.
- Right-click on the device and choose the Update Driver button. Then, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the updating procedure. Then, reboot the computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Components
If none of the methods helps you to resolve the problem, then you should try to update the Windows components. The following methods will help you to do so.
- At first, open the Start menu and write down “Command Prompt” in the search box and hit the Enter button.
- Click on the Command Prompt option from the appearing list of results and open the Command Prompt with its administrative right.
- Choose the Windows key button and right-click on it, then select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- If the UAC appears on the computer screen then, click on the OK button.
- Then, run the following commands. This will help you to stop BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services.
- Now, hit the Enter button after entering each of the commands:
“net stop bits, net stop wuauserv and net stop appidsvc”
- Then, delete the “qmgr*.dat” files while typing the following commands
“Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\\Application and Data\\Microsoft\\Network\\Downloader\\qmgr*.dat”
- Write down the following commands and press the Enter key: cd /d %windir%\\system32
- Re-register the BITS and Windows Update files while typing the commands that are required to complete the process:
“regsvr32.exe atl.dll, regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll, regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll, regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll, regsvr32.exe browseui.dll, regsvr32.exe jscript.dll, and regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll…..”
Note: You can also seek additional help if you are not acquainted with the proper commands.
- Reset the Winsock while typing the commands that are given below, then hit the Enter button after entering the commands.
“netsh winsock reset and netsh winhttp reset proxy”
- Reboot the BITS, Windows Update, Cryptographic, MSI Installer services by running the following commands.
“net start bits, net start wuauserv, net start appidsvc, and net start cryptsvc”
Lastly, check if the MSVCP100.dll missing from Windows 10 is fixed or not.
So, here we have provided some of the most effective fixes that can help you to resolve the MSVCP100.dll missing issue. If you face any difficulty while performing the methods, then comment in the feedback section, otherwise, you can consult with the experts.