When the Minecraft first released in the market back in 2011 it was a total hit among the passionate gamers. From exploration, resource gathering to crafting and combat it was the complete package of a survival game. Even though the world of gaming has improved a lot in the past few years and there is a lot of better graphics game to play with but people still like to play Minecraft because it is one of its kinds.
The developers of the Minecraft send updates from time to time in order to keep the gameplay smooth and bug-free. No matter how hard we humans beings try to keep an electronic device bug free but it next to impossible to create a software which is 100% perfect. Minecraft game also has issues within it which give trouble to the users from time to time. Today we are gonna talk about the most recent blooming problem among the Minecraft player which is Minecraft sound not working. So, if you want to learn about the reason why people face the issue, then go through the rest of the article carefully.
Possible Causes of Minecraft Sound Not Working Issue:
After getting numerous complaints regarding this particular issue, we decided to dig a little bit dipper in the topic and find the reasons behind the problem. After conducting some on field research and analyzing many reports of this problem, our experts have found some potential reasons behind the issue. These are:
- All the game comes with its own sound options. This settings mechanism sync with the sound setting present in your computer but if the configuration of your computer does not support the game, then your Minecraft game will not transmit the sound correctly and displays the error
- Minecraft game comes with a sound mixer option available in the settings. This feature basically gives you full control over the sound transmitting from different applications simultaneously. You will also get the option to lower, increase, or mute. So by anyhow, if Minecraft gets muted from the sound mixer, then you will get no sound output from the game.
- If you have Windows family settings enabled on your computer, then there is a high chance that Minecraft is blocked from transmitting sound due to the protocols stored.
- If the problem is occurring only in the Mipmap levels of the game, then don’t worry, you are not the only one. We get many reports where the players get bug issue in the minimap which cause bizarre problems in the game such as Minecraft sound not working.
- Windows sound enhancements feature is well-known for causing various issues in the game, If this feature is enabled in your device, then it can also be the reason for the no sound issue in your game.
- Improper installation of the game, some major game files missing, corrupted directory are also potential causes behind the error.
- If the problem is not occurring only in Minecraft game instead it is happening in all the game, then it can be possible that your Sound driver is corrupted.
Methods to Solve the Minecraft Sound Not Working Issue:
The sound disappearing from Minecraft is not a new issue. But this problem suddenly starts occurring almost for all the Minecraft player when they update the game to latest 1.12 patch. There is nothing to worry about as this is usually a bug or some slight misconfigurations which conflict with the settings of the game. After analyzing the possible causes of the game, we have found out some quick hacks which can fix the issue without any third-party software. So let’s dig into the main topic.
Solution 1: Refreshing the Game and its Textures
Let’s start the fixing of Minecraft sound not working 1.12 issue with the easiest method. Of which the first is refreshing the game resources. As we all know that Minecraft uses hundreds of different textures where each of them is associated with a unique sound and how sound should be transmitted whenever a player interacts with the object. Somehow if any one of the texture got corrupted, then your game will not output any sound. So simply refresh the game file to remove the issue and your game will start running like before.
To refresh the game file at first, press F3 + S key on your keyboard. If this doesn’t work, then press F3 + T to reload the textures, models, sounds, and other resource pack contents of your Minecraft game. Refreshing of this file can take a good amount of time to conduct the process. So don’t do anything else during the process until the screen has loaded up properly.
Solution 2: Check if Minecraft was Muted Accidentally
Like any other games, Minecraft also has a separate volume mixer option in the computer. By any chance, if you muted the Minecraft accidentally, then you will get no sound output from the game. So in this method, we will show you how to unmute Minecraft from volume mixer.
- At first, right-click on the sound icon present in your desktop and then select Open Volume Mixer from the list
- Once the volume mixer window opens, you will see a Minecraft separate section in it
- When you locate the volume mixer option of Minecraft, moves the slider toward the peak to increase the volume of the Minecraft
- After increasing the volume of Minecraft to the fullest, launch the game to check if you are getting any sound output or not
Solution 3: Change the Sound to Stereo
Currently, there is a bug present in the Minecraft which won’t allow you to transmit sound when the sound setting is set to Surround. You can’t do anything to fix the bug because it is an in-game issue, but you can avoid the bug by setting the sound to Stereo instead of Surround. If you don’t know how to do that, then follow the below steps:
- At first, turn on your device then press Windows key + S key to open the search bar. Now, type sound in the dialog box to launch the application.
- When the Sound window opens, click on your output speaker and select the Configure button present at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Next, open the drop-down menu of the Audio channels and select Stereo from it. You can check if you are getting any sound output or not by pressing the Test button.
- Once you find that everything is working fine, then press the Next button to complete the setup.
- After changing the sound settings, simply restart your computer to apply the changes in your game.
Solution 4: Disable Sound Enhancements
Some sound drivers use enhancements in an attempt to improve your sound quality. But in most of the cases, these properties are not compatible with Minecraft. For that reason, it results in some major problems in the games such as Minecraft sound not working 1.12. So, in this case, you need to disable the sound enhancement to check if it really causing the in-game sound problem or not. To use this method, go through the below steps:
- At first, press Windows key + R key to launch the Run dialog box. Once it opens, type Control Panel to launch the application.
- In the Control panel, type Sound in the search bar present at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the search result, open the Sound settings option. When the Sound Settings window opens, select the audio device connected to your computer.
- Next, right-click on the speaker and select the Properties option from it.
- When the Properties window opens, select the Enhancements tab from the top of the window. After that, uncheck all the enhancements enabled or just simply check the box which is labeled as Disable All enhancement.
- After the following changes, go to the Advanced tab and uncheck the exclusive mode where applications are allowed to override the settings.
- Next, simply save the changes, exit from the window and check whether you are getting any sound from the game.
Solution 5: Update Audio Drivers
If the sound problem is occurring for the application and game, then there is a high chance that your sound driver has got corrupted or outdated. In this case, the above methods will not work for you. You have to either update the driver or reinstall it to solve the issue.
- At first, turn on your device and then press Windows key + X key to open the Quick Access menu. From there, you have to locate the Device manager and then click on it.
- Now, you will see a list of options in the new window. Find “Audio inputs and outputs” and then click on it to expand the option.
- After expanding the option, right-click on the sound device and then click on the Update Drivers. To avoid the trouble of manual searching, select the option called Search automatically for Update driver software.
- When you click on the option, your device will automatically look for the latest drivers. If it is able to find any, then select it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
Hope these methods will provide you proper guidance on how to solve Minecraft sound not working issue. We try our best to provide you the best possible solutions for the problem. But somehow if none of the above methods help you to solve the issue, then we will highly recommend getting in touch with an expert for better guidance.