It is really exasperating if your note Logitech wireless mouse not working. But don’t get panic-stricken if you encounter this issue. There are certain ways to fix this grave issue which we will discuss in this informative post.
Logitech wireless mouse troubleshooting methodology is really easy since there are only a handful of things which can go wrong. There are some models equipped with the proper reset switch. But there are other models which require a manual reset in a simpler way.
There are five workarounds to fix this issue. But you don’t have to follow each of them to resolve Logitech wireless mouse not working issue. Just go through them thoroughly to know the best one that fits your purpose.
Convenient Ways to Eradicate Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse not Working Issue
This problem is applicable in various cases. However, since the topic is very generic you are not sure about the exact root cause for this Logitech wireless mouse not working issue. Let’s have a look at the workarounds and examine whether it serves your purpose or not
Fix 1: Detach Receiver and Batteries for 5 Seconds
The first thing you should look for when Logitech wireless mouse stops working is to allow the device to determine the issue. In any sort of hard reset, we usually try to remove each and every component including the power cable. Allow the device to get discharged before you insert everything back.
This is a constructive solution and is applicable to most of the users. After that remove the wireless receiver, as well as, the batteries and wait for a while. Allow the mouse to discharge entirely before you insert the accessories. After you insert the battery and the connector to the port of the USB, examine whether the problems still persists or not.
Fix 2: Examine if there is Any Issue with the Mouse Driver
If there is any problem associated with the mouse driver, then the mouse will not work satisfactorily. Moreover, you have the option to examine the status of the driver in Device Manager. However, if you don’t know how to find the Device Manager, follow the below steps:
- In order to begin, you need to press Windows key, as well as, the R key at the same time in order to enter the run command.
- Then, write “devmgmt.msc” and click on Enter. You will find the Device Manager window.
- In order to navigate to the device list, you need to press the Tab key. Now, with the help of the arrow key spot the category marked as “Mice and other pointing devices”.
- Then, press the combination of Alt + right arrow keys in order to expand the category. Logitech mouse appears under that category. You can easily point out that there is a problem in the driver if you see the yellow mark adjacent to the device.
- Next, with the help of the arrow key find the Logitech mouse device. Then, press the combination of Shift + F10 keys with the intent of opening the context menu.
- After that, select Uninstall and then restart the P.C. When the rebooting gets over, Windows can easily identify the mouse.
If the mouse works automatically, you can easily use any software in order to update the drivers in the system.
Fix 3: Modify the USB Port
This problem can be due to the broken USB port. You need to plug the unifying receiver into the USB port in order to examine whether the issue persists or not. It might happen that the USB slot into which you are inserting the receiver is not working as per the expectation. It is not an abrupt issue.
Some of the USB ports don’t support the receiver. Therefore, it is important to examine the receiver using different USB slots. If you are using a P.C, you need to insert the receiver into the slot present at the periphery of the system. If you are using a Laptop, you have to insert the USB slots on both sides of the P.C.
But, you need to check the type of the USB slots you are inserting the receiver. If you are connecting the mouse to the C type slot with the help of a USB converter, you need to examine whether the USB converter is working satisfactorily without any loopholes.
Fix 4: Change the Battery
The wireless mainly works on the basis of AA alkaline batteries for power. Detach the batteries and insert them back again to the main port. However, if the problem continues you can replace that battery.
Fix 6: Using a Mouse on a Different Surface
There are certain electrical, as well as, metal items that hamper the signal of the mouse. Henceforth, it is better to keep them apart from electrical gadgets like cellular or cordless phones or wireless receivers. Never try to place the mouse or the receiver on the metal surface mostly on long metal rails or cables.
Fix 7: Make an Attempt to Use the Mouse on a Separate System
You can always check the proper functioning of the mouse if you place that on a different system. It will give you the notification whether the mouse is dead or not. If you use the mouse on a different PC, the device should function normally. However, if the Logitech wireless mouse not working issue continues even after using it on a different system, you can consider replacing the mouse.
Fix 8: Updating the Drivers
If installing the device appears to be a half-hearted solution to fix Logitech wireless mouse not working issue, you can update the driver either manually or using an automatic update feature. First, we will begin with the automatic update and examine whether it resolves the issue or not. If this is not the case, you can download from the official website of Logitech and install them again.
- First, you need to press the Windows as well as R key simultaneously. Then, enter “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and hit Enter.
- Next, you need to expand the category entitled “Mice and other pointing devices”. After that, pin-point the mouse and right-click on it. Now, you have to choose Update Driver Software option.
- Then, choose the first option marked as “Search automatically for updated software”. Windows will now look for the particular driver based on your model available on the internet and install the most notable one.
If the above methodology fails to meet the purpose, you can hover on to the official website of Logitech. Then, you can download the driver upon entering the model, as well as, the build number. Finally, save the driver to a favorable location which you can easily access. Then, follow the steps as mentioned previously to resolve the problem.
The solutions mentioned will surely help you to get rid of this annoying issue of Logitech wireless mouse not working in no time. Also, we have mentioned the solutions using a step by step methodology so that you won’t face any trouble. Moreover, you have the provision to refer to the user guide. If you have any new idea pertaining to this issue, provide that in the comment section present at the bottom of the website.