The IP address 192.168.01 or 192.168.0.1 is required to access the router’s web interface. This more or less similar for most of the brands and models of router and modem. Furthermore, it is also used to change the WEP/WAP security key.
This IP address is also known as host addresses. Here, we are about to discuss each and every detail related to the IP address 192.168.0.1 and how you can log in to the router’s admin panel.
How to Log into the IP Address 192.168.01?
You can perform the below steps to log into the 192.168.01 IP address:
- First of all, open a web browser on your computer.
- Go to the address bar and type “192.168.0.1” and “http://192.168.0.1.”
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard. It will redirect you to a new page.
- Next, enter the username and password on the specific field.
- In case, you forget the login credentials, you can use the default username (admin) and password (admin).
- After entering the correct login credentials, tap on the Next button to open the Admin panel of the router.
- Now, you will be able to make the necessary changes to the router configuration from the Wi-Fi admin panel.
Now, you will see several tabs like WPS, MAC, Network Management, ADSL, WLAN settings, DSL, WAN, LAN, proxy, WLAN, Security Options, and others. Check all the tabs to understand the interface properly.
Troubleshooting Problems associated with 192.168.0.1
If you are facing any problems while logging into the IP address 192.168.0.1, then you can follow the points given below:
- First of all, make sure that you have properly associated the switch to the system or another device through Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- If the associations are secure, then restart the device.
- Unplug the modem and switch. Wait for a few seconds and reconnect it. Now, wait for at least 2 minutes and check once again.
- Check the firewall. If you are still unable to login, then perform a reset of the device.
How to Find the IP Address of a PIX-LINK Router?
If you have changed the default IP address of your PIX-LINK router and unable to remember that, then you can find it easily by following the steps stated below:
If you are using Windows Operating System, then you can perform the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, navigate to the Start menu.
- Then, type “command prompt” in the search bar.
- After that, the ‘Command Prompt’ option will be shown as the search result, right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the list to open the Command Prompt with admin privilege.
- Now, type “ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway” in the command line. Then, hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- After a few seconds, it will show the default gateway of the router.
If you are a Linux user, then have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open the terminal window by pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and T key simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Next, type “ip route | grep default” in the input field. Then, hit the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Wait for a few seconds and the IP address of your PIX-LINK router will be displayed on the screen.
If you are a Mac user, you need to perform the steps as follows:
- At first, go to the Finder and then click on the Applications button.
- Go to the Utilities tab and tap on the Terminal option.
Note: Or if you prefer, you can also press the Space and Cmd button both at the same time from the keyboard, then type “terminal” and press Enter to open Terminal.
- Now, type the command “netstat -nr | grep default” in the specific field.
- Afterward, hit the Enter key from the keyboard to execute the command.
- The IP address of the router will be shown on the screen after a few seconds.
Default IP Address List of PIX-LINK Router:
Read: How to Enable 5GHz WiFi On Windows 10 – Easy Fixes
If you want to read more similar topics, you can follow our website regularly.