You often come across an unexpected error message “irql_less_or_not_equal Windows 10” after upgrading the OS to the latest version. Moreover, you can encounter this critical issue after updating the RAM to make it compatible with your device. Therefore, your system starts to freeze automatically. Even, the display appears with Blue Screen Death Error (BSOD) while you try to reboot the Windows 10. However, we are going to discuss some of the essential steps to handle this irritating issue permanently. So, keep reading.
Significant Issues Behind Driver irql_less_or_not_equal Windows 10
Some of the technical glitches become responsible reasons behind this driver irql_less_or_not_equal Windows 10 problem. Here, we are going to talk about them to warn you about the occurrence of the problem.
- Malware attack or strong firewall protection causes the driver irql_less_or_not_equal problem effectively.
- Outdated Graphics Driver and system file corruption issue both are the responsible reasons behind this critical problem.
- Obsolete Network Adapter Driver or an incorrect setting is another reason of this driver issue.
- This BSOD error can occur due to Disk error and RAM issue that corrupts the entire internal system very often.
Resolve irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 with Effective Ways
There are some of the ways you can use to get rid of the driver failure issue effectively. Moreover, it helps to overcome the Blue Screen Of Death error (BSOD) effortlessly. Here, we are going to discuss those crucial steps and you might try out the steps below to tackle this annoying problem.
Method 1: Restart your PC in the Safe Mode
This method will play a crucial role to verify whether your system is running in a clean environment or not. If any driver issue occurs, then you can easily fix it by restarting.
- Hold down the shift key and tap the on-screen power button from the keyboard or touchpad.
- After that, click on the Restart button by holding the Shift key from the keyboard.
- Now, select the Troubleshoot from the Startup window and click on the Advanced option from the resultant screen.
- Next, go to the Startup Settings from the next window and hit the Restart button to reboot the PC.
- The reboot process will start automatically after clicking on Restart and choose Safe Mode from the Startup options.
- Finally, turn on the device in Normal mode and check whether the irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10 error still persists or not.
Method 2: Verify the Hardware and Memory
It helps to debug your device at the hardware level and identifies the memory corrupted problem easily.
- First, press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “Memory Diagnostic” in the search box.
- Hit the Enter key to launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic Utility window. Here, you will get two different options. In case of reboot the Windows immediately, choose the first option. For a system scan, select the second option and fix the RAM related issue.
- However, the RAM test will return an error and help to identify the corrupted memory sections.
- If any error occurs in the RAM of your computer, then replace it as soon as possible. After fixing the RAM error, try to reboot the device and check whether the BSOD appears or not.
Method 3: Run Hardware Troubleshooter
To run the troubleshooter, your system can generate a report of the hardware failure. So, you can easily understand the hardware problem which is responsible for the BSOD error effectively.
- First, click on Settings (gear icon) from the Start menu to launch it.
- Now, click on Update and Security icon from the System Settings window and click on Troubleshooter from the Update and Security section.
- Tap on the Hardware Troubleshooter from the resultant window and it will help to fix this issue immediately.
- In the case of the old hardware, you need to replace the components with new devices that must be compatible with the device. Because this troubleshooting process won’t be able to fix the old hardware problem.
Method 4: Upgrade the Graphic Driver
To upgrade the Graphics Driver, you can fix the BSOD error and remove the driver outdated issue very quickly. Moreover, it helps to increase driver performance as well.
- Click on the Start menu and type “devmgmt.msc” in the Cortana search box and launch the Device Manager window by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- After that, click on the Display Adapter from the list of attached devices from the Device Management window.
- Under this section, you can find the graphics driver and right-click on it. Choose Update Driver option from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen.
- Select the option says, “Search automatically for updated driver software” from the next window and click on the Next button.
- After getting the confirmation, the Device Manager will start to search the available drivers online. It will take a few minutes to complete the Graphics Driver update program.
Method 5: Update the Network Adapters
- Press the Windows key and R together from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the text box and open the Device Management window by clicking on the OK button.
- Now, expand the Network Adapters section and choose the Wi-Fi driver which is used to connect to the internet.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter and choose Update Driver option from the pop-up menu.
- Now, choose the first option that says, “Search automatically for updated driver software” from the next window and click the Next button to confirm it.
- Wait until the update process is done and reboot the Windows PC in normal mode to verify whether the blue screen of death error got fixed or not.
Method 6: Repair the System Files
By repairing the system files, you can fix the System files corruption issue. Moreover, it helps to enhance the CPU cycles.
- Type “cmd” in the Cortana search box and locate the Command Prompt application from the Start menu.
- After that, right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu.
- Next, enter the correct credentials in the verification dialog box and hit the Verify button to verify the account.
- After verifying the Command Prompt, type “sfc/scannow” in the prompt window. Run the command by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
- It will start to run and identify the corrupted system files from your device. After that, repair them one by one and fix the irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10 problem easily.
Method 7: Fix Disk Errors
- Type “cmd” in the Cortana search box and right-click on the Command Prompt option from the Start menu.
- Next, run Command Prompt in Admin Mode and type the command “chkdsk C:/f” in there. Now, press the Enter key from the keyboard and run the command. The letter “f” signifies to fix the check disk and you can fix other drives error by using that drive letter instead of the C drive.
- It will fix the device driver errors effectively and resolve the irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10 issue effectively.
Method 8: Roll Back the Drivers
To make the driver work again, you can roll back to a previous version. It helps to overcome the device incompatibility issue without any technical hassle.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “control” in the search box. Hit the OK button and open the Control Panel window.
- Now, double-tap on the System icon and locate the System Properties from the resultant window. Click on the Hardware tab from the Properties window.
- Click on the Device Manager from the Hardware section and identify the device that you have recently installed along with the problematic drivers.
- Next, double-click on it and tap on the Driver tab from the Driver Properties window. Hit the Rollback Driver button from that section.
- When done, close the Device Manager window and try to reboot the Windows OS to check whether the problem got fixed or not.
Method 9: Perform a System Restore
- Press the Windows key and click “System Restore” in the search box. Launch the System restore window and choose a Restore point from the list of results.
- Now, enable the System Restore option and open the System Restore window.
- Next, click on Restore PC and open the Advanced Startup window by tapping on the Advanced tab from the Restore window.
- Click on the option Start System Restore in Safe Mode from the next window and open the Reset this PC by hitting the Reset button.
- Then, save the files to the system and confirm the restoration process. It will start to perform the system restore process and when done try to reboot.
- Finally, check whether the problem got fixed or not when you try to perform the restart operation.
The Bottom Line
In the above content, we have discussed the effective steps to overcome the driver irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10 error. Moreover, we have defined the significant issues behind this technical problem. Furthermore, we have analyzed the major symptoms you can see at the tie of the BSOD error that helps you to identify this conflict at the very initial stage of the problem. So, we hope this article is helpful to overcome the driver issue effectively.