The iPhone error 4013 can occur during performing the update and restoration procedure. The full error message that comes up when this issue occurs is: ‘The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013)’.
This error usually comes up when you try to update the iPhone via the iTunes application. There can be various reasons for the occurrence of this issue. If there is an internal glitch within the iPhone, then you can meet with this error.
If the USB cable, port, and connector are faulty, even then there is a possibility for you to face this issue. Further, if the iTunes application is not up to date, then you can face this error. Moreover, if the settings within the iPhone are incorrect, then also this issue can crop up.
Here, in this article, we have come up with some of the most effective hacks that you can try to fix this error in no time. Hence, go through this article thoroughly and learn more.
Solutions to Resolve the iPhone Error 4013
In this section of the article, we will discuss the methods or fixes that you need to try to resolve the iPhone error 4013. So, apply the fixes one by one to resolve this issue on your iPhone.
Solution 1: Inspect the USB Cable, Connector and Port
You can get this error if there is any kind of problems within the USB port, cable or connector. The best way to resolve this issue is to inspect the USB cable, port, and connector. Follow the steps below to learn how you can do it.
- First, remove the USB cable from the computer and look for any puncture within the cable.
- Now, if there is any kind of puncture then simply replace that cable with a new one.
- If the cable does not have any slash on its outer wall, then look at the USB port on the computer and inspect whether there are any foreign particles stuck or not.
- If the USB port has any dust particles present, wipe it clean with a lint-free cloth. Repeat this step for all the other USB ports.
- But, if there are no dust particles within any USB ports of the computer and even then you are getting this error, then, there can be dust particles within the lightning port of the iPhone. So in order to clean that port, either, you can blow it out or use a small earbud.
Solution 2: Restart the iPhone
In this subsection, there will steps that will give you information on how to restart the iPhone. So follow along.
- First, unplug the iPhone from the device where it connected to.
- Then, press both the ‘Home’ and ‘Power’ button simultaneously for ten seconds. On the newest iPhone models, tap on the ‘Volume Down’ and the ‘Power’ button together once.
- After this, the ‘Apple’ logo will come up on the screen and the iPhone will start up once again.
- Lastly, initiate the update or restore process for the iPhone.
Solution 3: Update the iTunes Application
Here, you get elaborate steps on how to update the iTunes application, which in some cases can resolve this issue. To do that, follow the steps below.
- First, open the computer and then from the desktop locate and then double-click on the ‘iTunes’ application.
- As soon as this software opens, locate the menu bar present at the top section and then select the ‘Help’ option.
- Now, a drop-down list will come up, in it, select the ‘Check for Updates’ option.
- Now, follow the instructions that come up on the screen to begin the update process. Wait for the update process to complete.
- At last, close and then restart the iTunes application and check whether this error coms up or not when you try to update the iPhone.
Solution 4: Configure the Settings Within iPhone Once Again
If the settings within the iPhone are not correctly configured, then there is a chance for you to face the error 4013. Now, the only feasible solution to rectify this problem is to set the configuration of the iPhone in the correct way. Here are the steps that you follow.
- First, go to ‘Solution 2’ and then follow all the steps in it, to restart the iPhone.
- After that, locate and then choose the ‘Settings’ application. In the new window with the title ‘Settings’, locate the ‘General’ option.
- Now, on the new window having a name ‘General’, move to the bottom and then click on the ‘Reset’ option.
- As soon as you do that, another window with the name ‘Reset’ will appear. Next, inside that window, locate and click on the ‘Reset all settings’ link.
- Now, on the confirmation window that comes up, input the passcode to initiate the reset procedure of the iPhone.
- Lastly, connect the iPhone to a computer, and then try to update it and check whether this error appears or not.
Solution 5: Restore iPhone Using Recovery Mode
You can get rid of this error code simply by restoring the iPhone using recovery mode. Follow the steps below to know how can you achieve this procedure.
- First, check if you have the current version of the iTunes application installed.
- Now, if the iTunes software is open, then, close it first. After that, insert the iPhone into the computer and then launch the iTunes application.
- Once the iPhone connection is done, then in order to enter the iPhone into the recovery mode, follow the substeps below.
- Tap on the ‘Volume Up’ button and then quickly let go of it.
- Next, press on the ‘Volume Down’ button and instantly release the same.
- After that, press and hold the ‘Power’ button until the recovery mode comes up
- Next, as soon as you see the ‘spinning wheel’ animation on the iPhone screen, remove the USB cable from the computer.
- After that, wait for at least ten seconds. Then insert the USB cable back into the computer to start the restoration process.
Inspect the Network Connectivity
Sometimes, this error can crop up if the network connection is poor or very slow. The reasonable answer to solve this problem is to check the connectivity of the network. So, follow the steps underneath for a guideline on how to check the internet connections.
- First, locate and then press the ‘Power’ button on the router to turn it off. After that, shut down the computer as well.
- Next, take the power cable from both the devices and then remove the ‘Ethernet’ cable. Now, wait for ten to fifteen minutes.
- After that, put all the cables back into their proper places, and then start the router first and then the computer.
- Now, look at all the LEDs present on the router and then try to connect to the Internet.
- Lastly, check if you are able to update the iPhone and whether this error comes up or not.
The iPhone error 4013 can easily be rectified by following the methods present in this article.
But, if even after following each and every method, you are still unable to resolve the issue, then do not worry at all.
Just provide all the details of the problems that you are encountering in the comment section below and get an apt reply from a professional.