Igfxem.exe is a genuine software component of Intel(R) common user interface which automatically gets installed in your system especially when you install your windows operating system for your device. Basically, this file is known as Intel graphics Executable Main module.
Sometimes most of the users misunderstand igfxem.exe file as a virus because it owes its extension. But using a simple method you can easily identify whether it is a malware or just a regular file. Although, it is an important file for your system but igfxem.exe causes high CPU usage.
Most of the users complaint about this problem frequently. So, if it is not fixed then other serious problems can also occur. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss this issue in detail and also learn it’s effective solutions to get rid of this situation instantly.
Causes of Igfxem.exe High CPU Issue:
Igfxem.exe file is an executable file which you can find on your intel graphics cards. It directly works on the GUI interface. But often this file creates conflict with other software which causes CPU overload.
Some malware can be recognized with the same name as Igfxem.exe and this could be another reason that causes more CPU usage. To fix igfxem.exe high CPU usage permanently you must check out solutions that are mentioned in this article.
Easy Solutions to Fix Igfxem.exe High CPU Usage:
For a few laptops and notebooks igfxem.exe file is considered helpful and increase the overall system performance but for desktops, it is not useful. So if you are facing issues with this file then you can fix that by following these methods step by step.
Fix 1: Reboot the Igfxem.exe Process
To fix this issue the first step that you can follow is to restart the Igfxem.exe process. Restart is the quickest and effective solution for any error. Hence, check out the steps below.
- Press ctrl+Shift+ESC and open task manager.
- Click on the Processes tab and search igfxem.exe.
- Right-click on this file and click on the End task option.
- This process helps to disable this file temporarily and minimize CPU’s use.
Fix 2: Stop all Unimportant Processes
Sometimes you can fix igxem.exe high CPU usage issue by halting other processes that require more CPU resources. To do so follow these steps:
- First, open your Task Manager and navigate to the Processes tab.
- Now go through how much CPU usage is being taken by each app.
- Right-click on those programs that are taking high CPU usage and delete them.
Note- Remember to shut down other programs before performing these steps.
Fix 3: Disable Igfxem.exe File From Msconfig
If you want to fix this issue permanently, then you can disable this file from Msconfig. To do so, you can follow below steps-
- Press Windows +R key from the keyboard and get the run window box.
- Now, type in the box Msconfig and click on Ok.
- Once you see System configuration page, navigate to Services tab.
- Locate the igfxEM module.
- Now, uncheck the box next to the igfxEM module and click on the Apply to disable it from your system.
Fix 4: Upgrade the Intel Graphics Cards Driver
You can fix this issue by upgrading the intel graphic card driver. So, if you want to know how to do that then go through these steps.
- Go to Intel’s Download Center and check out the latest and suitable driver and download it.
- Unzip the file to your preferred location.
- Click on start logo from the bottom left corner and then type in the search panel run and press enter,
- Once you get run window type in there devmgmt.msc and then hit the Enter option again.
- In device Manager page click on Display adapters section>right-click on Intel graphics option >select Update Driver Software.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software and browse the unzipped files from its location.
- Click on OK then Next to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your system.
These are the most simple and easy solutions that you can try out to fix igfxem.exe high CPU usage issue. Follow all methods one by one until the error is permanent resolved.
If you find this article helpful then leave your comment in the below comment section and share your experience with us.