Bitdefender is a computer security software company that develops and sells various anti-virus, software, and other cybersecurity applications. The antivirus products are popular because it has many unique features and capabilities. It comes up with many new technologies like ‘Bitdefender Antispam NeuNet’, ‘Photon Technology’, ‘Active Virus Control’ etc.
Despite that fact that Bitdefender has so many good features and various technologies. Even then, you can face many issues while using it. Due to those problems, it is necessary for you to know the procedure of how to uninstall Bitdefender from your Windows. In the next section, you get reasons on why you need to uninstall Bitdefender.
Reasons Behind Why You Need To Uninstall Bitdefender
This section will provide you with the various reasons on how to uninstall Bitdefender without any trouble.
- If the application has any corrupt files in it then you need to uninstall this security software.
- Your computer may slow down because of this Bitdefender software.
- If you are unable to launch the Bitdefender software then also you can uninstall this security software.
- If somehow the registry files of this software get corrupted then you need to uninstall Bitdefender.
Solutions On How To Uninstall Bitdefender
This section of the article will give various solutions on how to uninstall bitdefender windows 10 from the computer.
Exit Bitdefender Application Running In Background
Before you want to remove the Bitdefender software, always remember to quit as it is running in the background. In order to exit Bitdefender, follow the steps below.
- First, on the lower right-hand corner of the screen, right-click on the Bitdefender icon and select ‘Quit’.
- You can even open the ‘Task Manager’ window, in order to exit this application.
- To open the ‘Task Manager’ application press the combination of ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ keys. Then choose the option ‘Task Manager’ to launch it.
- In this application window, choose all the background processes relative to the Bitdefender and tap on the ‘End Task’ button to eradicate all these processes.
Remove Bitdefender Via Control Panel
- First, in the ‘Type here to search’ area type control panel. After that, choose the ‘Control Panel’ option from the search results.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window, select a category ‘Programs’. Then within the new window, choose the option ‘Programs and Features’.
- Now, from the list of installed programs, locate the ‘Bitdefender’ application and select it.
- After that, right-click on the selected program and hit the ‘Uninstall’ option from the options menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to start the removal procedure and the software some time to do this thing.
- When the application will be removed then simply restart the computer.
Remove Any Entries From Registry
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu then choose ‘Run’ option.
- After that, the ‘Run’ dialog box will appear. In that dialog box, type in a command ‘regedit’ within the ‘Open’ text area and tap ‘OK’ button.
- This will display the ‘Registry Editor’ window.
- In that window, tap the combination of ‘Ctrl + F’ keys, in order to show the search box.
- In the search box type ‘Bitdefender’ and press ‘Find Next’ button.
- Now you will get some registry files related to Bitdefender. Locate a folder that has a name ‘bdagent.exe’, just choose and delete that folder.
- After the deletion is over reboot your machine.
- To recheck if there are any files relating to Bitdefender then go to ‘This PC’ and search for Bitdefender files. If you get some files then press the combination of ‘Shift + Delete’ keys to completely remove any remaining files.
Use Any Reliable Software To Remove Bitdefender Application
The easiest way to remove the Bitdefender security software is to download any reliable removal software from the internet. Below you will get steps on how to find that software.
- First, open the browser you have on the computer. Then properly search for reliable removal software on the internet.
- After that, download the software and install it by following the on-screen information.
- Next, launch the removal software and in it, search for the ‘Bitdefender’ application. After you have got the application, just select it.
- Next, hit the button ‘Run Analysis’ to analyze all the components of the Bitdefender application. This will scan for all the components of the application.
- When the process is complete, hit the ‘Complete Uninstall’ button. If you get a prompt asking whether to delete all the leftover of that application, simply choose ‘Yes’ to affirm the removal.
- This process will take some time to complete. Now, when it is over, restart your machine to affirm the changes in your computer.
In order to know how to uninstall Bitdefender Windows 10, you will have to follow all the steps mentioned above very carefully. These are the most effective ways to uninstall Bitdefender without seeking professional assistance.