McAfee SiteAdvisor is a popular service which acts a web advisor. It helps to identify the web threats by testing the websites individually. Thus, it keeps your device safe from unauthorized access. Moreover, you can improve the performance of the browser as well as the real-time response. It warns the users before opening any sites or before web crawling by showing its status. So, you can browse any sites with more security and keep your system from the possible web threats. Therefore, you have to add this utility software as browser extensions. However, if you are not a tech-savvy person, and have a doubt on how to turn on McAfee SiteAdvisor in Chrome, then this article is helpful to resolve this problem.
How To Handle McAfee SiteAdvisor- Technical Steps
To enable the McAfee SiteAdvisor, follow the steps below. Otherwise, you will face the issues if you are a new SiteAdvisor user. Moreover, it helps to give the users a safe browsing facility. Here, we are going to talk about the steps sequentially. So, you may try them out to enable this utility software and avoid Mcafee WebAdvisor not working issue.
Download And Install McAfee WebAdvisor
Before downloading and installing the McAfee SiteAdvisor, you need to confirm that
- You are downloading the software from the authenticate SiteAdvisor Official website.
- You have downloaded the latest version of the McAfee WebAdvisor.
Follow The Steps
- First, click on the Chrome browser and launch the Chrome platform.
- Type ‘McAfee SiteAdvisor’ in the search box and hit Enter to open the authenticated site.
- Choose the McAfee Official site and download this software properly. It will take several minutes to download.
- After successful download, click on Save and choose a location to store it. The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator will start to download automatically.
- Open the package folder and click on the WebAdvisor setup file to install it. It will take a few minutes to install. Finally, complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- After finishing the installation process, double-tap on the McAfee SiteAdvisor icon to open it.
After downloading and installing the SiteAdvisor, configure it correctly. Otherwise, it will not generate the desired result. So, maintain the Settings policy and reconfigure the software as per your needs.
- Double-click on the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and choose Menu. Click on Policy from the Menu.
- Now, tap on the Policy Catalog which will show you the product list. Choose SiteAdvisor from the multiple product list.
- Click on the Settings Policy under the Category list and edit it as per the policy by tapping on Edit.
- Then, click on the Proxy Server tab to control and manage the Proxy Server settings.
- To manage the browsing behaviors, tap on the Action Enforcement tab and track the net surfing status in the browser.
- Next, open the Control Panel window and click on the Control Pad Option.
- You will get another option Add/Remove Program list. Here, you will get a list of the installed programs in your system.
- It will confirm that the SiteAdvisor is present on the Control Panel list and show the status of this program (Active/Running/Disabled).
Restriction of the downloads will protect your device from unauthorized access. You can save the system from unexpected web threats. Not only that but also you can avoid the malicious virus attack and keep your PC bug-free.
- Launch the McAfee Orchestrator folder and choose Policy under the Menu.
- Select Policy Catalog under it and choose the SiteAdvisor from the product list.
- Tap on the Rating Actions under the Catagory list. Next, click on the Edit tab to modify the settings.
- Now, tap on the Site tab and choose the actions for yellow, red and unrated sites. Then, tap on Save to apply the changes.
- Next, tap on either the Allow or Warn to modify the settings based on the threat factors. Then, click on Save to save the settings.
- Tap on the Site Resources tab and change the settings as per the download action rating and the page-level rating actions.
Modify The Authorization Process
This process allows you to modify some of the confidential sites to access. It sometimes treats the authenticate sites as an untrustable site. Therefore, it shows a warning message and blocks that site. So, through this process, you can add the important sites if necessary.
- Again, open the Policy Catalog from the Policy Section from the ePolicy window. Now, click on the SiteAdvisor from the Product List.
- Choose the Authorize List from the Category list.
- Click Edit to modify the policy and tap the Managed Authorized Sites tab.
- After that, click on Add to add a new website to the list of the authorized sites.
- In the resultant window, type the URL of the site and confirm it by tapping the OK button.
How To Turn On McAfee SiteAdvisor In Chrome
Quickly go through the steps which are not at all hard to execute.
Launch the Chrome Browser and go to the SiteAdvisor site.
- Download and install with the latest version. Then, run the setup file to launch the software.
- Next, click on Install and try to install the Add-on.
- Now, restart the Chrome browser and click on the Enable Extension. Moreover, enable the Option Secure Search.
- When done, start the net surfing and view the SiteAdvisor results.
- After that, select the View Site Report to get a complete report on your accessing sites, hyperlinks from the SiteAdvisor. It will show a green mark beside the authentic link and blocks the untrustable site. The check mark on the websites warns the users about the running site status.
- If it shows a Green tick, then the sites are secure and free from malware and web threats.
- The Red mark signifies the site includes a severe security threat.
- If you see a Yellow check mark, then there are some of the risk factors that includes some of the malicious links.
- ? denotes that the site is unknown to the SiteAdvisor and yet not been rated by their company,
Re-Enable McAfee WebAdvisor
Sometimes, after updating the Chrome browser, you will see that the McAfee SiteAdvisor is not working. Moreover, it fails to generate the report on each link provided by the search engine. So, this annoying issue occurs due to the disabling of the WebAdvisor and removal of the previous Chrome Extensions. Then, reactivate the Add-on to save your system from the harmful web threats.
- First, open the Chrome browser and launch the Chrome window.
- Then, click on the Customize and Control button from the extreme right of the window.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down list and select Extensions.
- Enable the checkbox by selecting the McAfee SiteAdvisor.
- Now, close the Chrome window and open the browser again.
- Finally, search for any topic in the search engine and verify that the SiteAdvisor is working or not.
In the above article, we have discussed how to add the SiteAdvisor in the Chrome extensions. Moreover, you will get a proper idea on how to download and install the WebAdvisor. Furthermore, we have given the steps of how to customize the settings and control the downloads sections. Hence, we hope the entire context will be beneficial for the McAfee users especially the non-tech-savvy persons to avoid the possible web threats by enabling the McAfee SiteAdvisor efficiently.