Windows 10 users often want to know how can they turn on Bluetooth on their PC. Bluetooth helps you to share the files and folders from one device to another. Unlike other versions of Windows, it is a bit tricky to activate Bluetooth on Windows 10 version. Though it seems to be a complicated issue, there is a very simple way to fix this. If you invest some time in this article, then you can get a clear idea on how to turn on bluetooth on Windows 10.
Quick Ways To Turn On Bluetooth On Windows 10
You can easily turn on Bluetooth on your Windows 10 PC by these three steps:
- Hold down the Windows logo key and press ‘I” on the keyboard.
- When the Settings window opens, click on ‘Devices’ and locate Bluetooth.
- Then check whether the toggle for Bluetooth is turned on or not. If not, then turn it on.
- If you cannot find the toggle for Bluetooth, then there might an issue with the Bluetooth on your PC.
- What To Do If You Can’t Turn On Bluetooth On Windows 10?
In case if you can’t turn on Bluetooth by following the above steps, then work your way down the methods mentioned below.
Method 1: Update The Bluetooth Driver
If you haven’t updated the Bluetooth driver to its latest version, then this feature may not work on your PC. So follow the steps given below:
- Right-click on the Start icon on your Windows 10 PC and select Device Manager.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth section and locate ‘Bluetooth Generic Adapter’ under Network Adapters.
- You may also find the ‘Bluetooth Generic Adapter’ under Other devices if it is not available under Network Adapters.
- If you find one or more Bluetooth adapters, then your computer supports Bluetooth. If you can’t find a single Bluetooth adapter, then it seems that your Windows 10 PC does not support Bluetooth.
- Now visit the manufacturer’s website to look for the latest Bluetooth driver.
If the latest driver is available, then click on the ‘Install’ button to install the driver automatically on your PC.
- You can save your time by downloading a tool from a reliable website. It will scan your PC for driver issues and fix them within a few minutes.
- After downloading the tool, tap the ‘Update’ button next to ‘Bluetooth Driver’ to download the correct Bluetooth driver for your PC.
- Then you will need to install the downloaded driver manually on your PC.
- If you do not want to download the third-party tool, then tap the ‘update’ button next to ‘Bluetooth driver’ and choose ‘Search automatically for the driver.’
- Windows starts searching automatically for an updated and compatible driver. It then downloads and installs it on your PC.
- After installing the updated driver, open the Settings app and check whether you can turn on the Bluetooth or not. If not, then proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Re-enable The Bluetooth Driver Software
- Right-click on the Start button and access Device Manager.
- Click on the ‘View’ tab and select ‘Show hidden devices’ from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth section, right-click on the ‘Bluetooth Device’ and choose ‘Disable Device’ option.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the confirmation window to disable the Bluetooth Driver software.
- Go back to the Bluetooth device, right-click on it and select ‘Enable’ to activate it again.
- Launch the Settings app on your PC to ensure that you are able to turn on the Bluetooth without any difficulty.
Method 3: Check The Bluetooth Support Service
- Hold down the Windows logo key and ‘R’ on the keyboard to start the ‘Run’ application.
- Then type ‘services.msc’ in the ‘Run’ dialog box and press ‘Enter’ or click ‘OK.’
- Locate ‘Bluetooth Support Service,’ right-click on it and select ‘Start.’ Select ‘Restart’ if the ‘Start’ option is greyed out for some reason.
- Right-click on ‘Bluetooth Support Service’ and choose ‘Properties.’
- Find out the ‘Startup type,’ set its value to ‘Automatic’ and hit the ‘Apply’ button.
- Use the process as we have discussed above to open the Settings app.
- Move on to the ‘Device’ section, select ‘Bluetooth,’ and turn on its toggle switch.
- Now check whether your PC is showing the device you want to connect to it.
- After that, select the device and click on the ‘Pair’ option.
If the device you would like to connect does not appear in the Bluetooth section, then perform these steps:
- Open Settings window and go to the ‘Bluetooth and other Devices’ section.
- Click on the ‘+’ sign next to ‘Add Bluetooth or other devices’ and you will get a new window.
- Specify the type of device you want to add from the list of available devices on the ‘Add a device’ window.
- Now go back to the ‘Device’ section, turn on the bluetooth and ensure that it is displaying your device.
Method 4: Open Bluetooth From The Action Center
- Tap the Action Centre icon in the taskbar on your Windows PC and open this app.
- If Action Center does not appear in the taskbar, then press Windows key and ‘A’ simultaneously.
- Now navigate to the ‘Quick Action’ area and hit the ‘Connect’ button.
- Windows will display a list of all the enabled devices from where you have to select the specified device you want to connect through Bluetooth.
- Go to ‘Bluetooth and other devices’ section and check whether the device has been connected successfully or not.
- Slide the toggle switch to turn on Bluetooth and click on ‘More Bluetooth Options’ button.
- Now Bluetooth will work correctly and let you share your files and folders.
Hope your queries regarding Windows 10 how to turn bluetooth on is solved by following any of the four ways mentioned in this article.