Bitdefender is one of the best antivirus software that helps you to get rid of any malicious attack on your system. Moreover, Bitdefender security software has some unique features so for this, the company has gained a lot of attention. Despite being so much popular, even then, you may encounter technical complications on your system. Now, in order to get rid of those issues, you must learn how to turn off Bitdefender.
Probable Reasons On How To Turn Off Bitdefender
In this section, you will get to know the reasons behind why you need to turn off Bitdefender. In order to troubleshoot any problems of some other application, you can disable the firewall along with Bitdefender.
Easy Solutions To Wipe Away Bitdefender Problems
This section will provide you with the necessary information about how to turn off Bitdefender firewall without damaging your device.
Steps To Disable Firewall
- First, right-click on the icon ‘Bitdefender’ located on the system tray. Then from the options list choose ‘Show’ option.
- After that, within the main window of the ‘Bitdefender’ application, choose the link that says ‘View Modules’.
- Now, a screen will appear with various modules. If you can manipulate these modules then you can manage various options of the application.
- In order to do so, just select the ‘Gear’ icon on the upper right corner of every module and accordingly manage them.
- To disable or turn off the firewall of the Bitdefender, you just need to select the ‘Gear’ icon on the top right edge of the ‘Firewall’ module. Then in the new window, only slide the button to the left to toggle into the off position.
Turn Off Process For Bitdefender Antivirus
- Follow the first four points mentioned above.
- Now, to disable the antivirus protection, choose the ‘Gear’ icon on the ‘Antivirus’ module. After that, you will get to see a window where there are two toggle switches to enable and disable the options of this module.
- You can slide the toggle switch to the ‘Off’ position to disable the ‘On-access scanning’ option.
- Also, you can even slide the toggle switch of the option ‘Active Threat Control’ to the ‘Off’ position.
- At last, you can even choose a specific time period and finally tap the ‘OK’ button to confirm the changes and exit from the dialog box.
Disable All Modules On Bitdefender Application
- In the Bitdefender application, click the menu button on the top left edge of the window.
- Within that menu, select the ‘Protection’ option to open a window with the same name. Then click on the ‘View Features’ to open the Protection Features screen.
- There within the ‘Web Protection’ module window, choose the ‘Settings’ icon. Now, in that window toggle the switch to ‘off’ position for every feature. There are five features that include ‘Scan Web Traffic for malware’, ‘Search Advisor’, ‘Scan SSL’, ‘Protection against fraud’ and ‘Protection against phishing’.
- After that, go back to the ‘Protection features screen and in it toggle the switch to ‘Off’ for each of the five modules. Those modules are as follows ; Firewall’, Advanced Threat Defense’, ‘Antispam’, ‘Vulnerability’ and ‘Safe Files.
- Now, again go to the main menu of the window, then from that menu list, choose ‘Privacy’ option and open that window. Next, choose the ‘View Features’ link.
- Choose ‘Configure’ option within the ‘Parental Advisor’. When you do this, then a tab will open in your browser with the name ‘Bitdefender Central. In it do sign-in if you get a prompt.
- Select your profile and tap on the ‘three vertical dots’. Then from the options list, select ‘Devices’. Next, deselect the box that has the name of your computer and tap on the ‘Save’ button.
- Turn off both the following modules ‘Webcam Protection’ and ‘Password Manager’
- Once again go to the main menu of the application. Then, choose ‘Settings’ window. Locate the ‘Profiles’ tab and then turn off the toggle switch beside the option ‘Activate profiles automatically’.
- Move down and turn the toggle switch off for the option ‘Real-time optimization’.
Hope, this article has provided you with all the procedures on how to turn off Bitdefender. So, now you can rectify this issue quite easily.