When you purchase a new Playstation console, it’s quite necessary for you to know the process on how to sync the PS4 controller. Also, if you have purchased a new controller, then there will be a need to synchronize the PS4 controller.
Even if you buy a refurbish Playstation 4, then also it is necessary to know the knowledge regarding the PS4 controller synchronization procedure.
Sometimes, when the synchronization is not properly set up, you will have to again sync the controller of the Playstation 4.
Read this article fully to learn the ways to sync the PS4 controller.
Guidelines on How to Sync PS4 Controller
In this section of the article, you will get to learn the methods to sync the PS4 controller. Two methods are available and both of them have been detailed down below. Follow any one of these two and sync your PS4 controller easily.
Procedure 1: Sync the PS4 Controller Using USB Cable
In this subsection, there will be guiding steps that will help you to easily synchronize the PS4 controller using the USB cable. For that to happen, follow the steps provided underneath.
- First, tap on the ‘Power’ button present on the Playstation 4 and turn the device on.
- After that, take the USB cable and connect the micro connector on one end of the controller where the port is present.
- Next, connect the other part of the USB cable into the traditional USB port present on the Playstation 4 console.
- Now, once the connection is done, tap on the ‘PS’ button present on the controller.
- Lastly, the PS4 controller will now start to sync with the console.
Procedure 2: Synchronize the Playstation 4 Controller Wirelessly
If you do not want to hassle with the USB cable that came with the PS4 console, then the only solution you have to connect the PS4 controller is by syncing it wirelessly. Here are the steps on how you can do that.
- First, start the Playstation 4 console. The ‘Home’ screen will come up.
- Once the ‘ Home’ screen appears, navigate to the ‘Settings’ option and select it to open.
- As soon as the new ‘Settings’ screen shows up, locate and choose the ‘Devices’ option.
- After that, once another screen with the name ‘Devices’ comes up, then in it, select the ‘Bluetooth Devices’ using the remote that came with the console.
- Now, on the PS4 controller, press on both the ‘Share’ and ‘PS logo’ buttons together for five seconds until it appears on the ‘Bluetooth Devices’ screen.
- Choose that controller from the screen in order to initiate the synchronization process of the controller with the console.
You can follow these two methods to sync your PS4 controller. However, if even after following the steps given, the PS4 controller is not synced then do not worry a bit. Just, give a detailed overview of the problem that you are facing in the comment section below and get an instant answer from an expert.