The Contacts app is one of the most important items within the iPhone. This application stores the phone number along with some other personal details of a person in a list. However, if by any chance the device gets misplaced or is stolen, then all the contacts within it will also be gone. Thus, because of this reason, you must need the knowledge of “how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac?” When you sync all the contacts on the iPhone to the iCloud, then you may access it via the web or any Apple devices. Once the sync is done, then whenever the contacts are updated, then those details will appear automatically.
Steps on “How to Sync Contacts From iPhone to Mac?”
In this section, you will get various points that will provide you guidance on “how to sync contacts from Mac to iPhone?”
Using a Reliable Software to Sync Contacts From iPhone to Mac
One of the easiest ways to sync contacts from the iPhone to Mac is to use reliable software from the internet:
- First, on the Mac launch your preferred web browser and then, type for reliable software, that will sync all the contacts from the iPhone. Next, tap ‘Enter’ key.
- After that, from the search output, select the reliable software which has the most rating and visit its official website.
- On that website, choose the ‘Download’ button. Once the download process is over then double-click on the setup file to run it and follow the information on-screen to install on the Mac.
- After the installation process gets over, then locate and tap on this reliable software from the Dock.
- Once the software opens up, then first insert the iPhone into the Mac after that allow the program to identify the device. When that identification is done, then choose the option ‘Recover from iOS Device’ on the left side.
- Now, go to the right pane and then, under the section ‘Select the data types you want to recover’, choose the option ‘Contact’. After that, press the button ‘Next’.
- Instantly, this program will start to look for all the contacts present on the iPhone and put them in a list for a preview. Even via this program, all the deleted contacts can also be found out.
- Next, once all the contacts are shown within the list, then tap on the button ‘Recover’. After that, create a folder to store all those contacts on the Mac.
Using iCloud Import All the Contacts from iPhone to Mac
This point will provide you with steps that will help you to import every contact within the iPhone to the Mac via the iCloud. To do this, follow the steps below. This is the easiest feature among the rest of the other points provided in this section:
- First, sign in to the iPhone with the common Apple ID. Then, within it locate the ‘Settings’ and then choose the option ‘iCloud’. After that, activate the ‘Contacts’ option.
- Next, on the web browser, visit the official website of ‘iCloud’ within the Mac. Then, log in to your ‘iCloud’ account.
- Inside that webpage, locate and then select the icon ‘Contacts’. Here, you will get all the contacts and their details present on the iPhone in a list.
- Now, go to the bottom of the left panel and then tap on the ‘Gear’ icon to open a popup menu. Next, choose all the contacts and then, from the menu select the option ‘Export vCard’.
- After that, all the contacts from the iPhone have to be imported to the Mac as a ‘vCard’ file. For this process to work out efficiently you should have an active iCloud account.
Via the AirDrop Import iPhone Contacts to Mac
The AirDrop is another feature using which you can able to share any items or files from one Apple device to another wirelessly, in close proximity. Now, here in this point, there will be an extensive procedure on how to use this feature to import all the contacts from iPhone and store it into Mac. So, follow the lines underneath:
- First, activate the WiFi and Bluetooth connections together. After that, sign into the iCloud account within the iPhone.
- Next, to access the ‘Control Center’, go to the bottom of the screen and then swipe in up direction. Then, from the options present there, tap on the ‘AirDrop.
- After that, change the permission from ‘Off’ to ‘Contacts Only’. Next, locate and then choose the ‘Contacts’ app to share all its contents.
- At this moment, open the Macintosh computer, then navigate to the upper menu bar and then find and choose the ‘Finder’ to open it.
- Next, from the ‘Finder’ menu items choose the ‘Go’ and ‘AirDrop’ options respectively.
- Now, as soon as the ‘AirDrop’ window opens up, then a prompt will ask to turn the ‘WiFi’ and ‘Bluetooth’ of the Mac ‘On’. After that, only the ‘AirDrop’ feature will be enabled.
- Once it is over, then the ‘AirDrop’ window will ask you to select which other devices in the vicinity can see your gadget. Then below the ‘AirDrop’ window, tap on the option ‘Allow me to be discovered by everyone’.
- This action will let you acquire files from everybody instead of those present only on the Contacts application.
The Process to Import Contact from iPhone to iMac using the Mac Address Book
An Address book is an application present within the Macintosh computer, which allows you to store all the contact details inside it. This application can communicate with various other software in the Mac, that can automatically fill in the details of a person, whose details you are entering on some program. Therefore, this point will provide you with details on the ways to store the contacts into the address book of the Mac. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- First, on the iPhone find the ‘Settings’ application. Then, within it choose the option ‘iCloud’, here enable the ‘Contacts’ suboption.
- Next, open the Mac, in it, sign into the iCloud’ account.
- After that, on the topmost bar within the Mac, go to the left side and then, tap on the ‘Apple’ logo, to open the menu.
- Within that menu, locate and then choose the option ‘System Preferences’. This will open a new window that has the same name as the chosen option on the last line, in it, all the settings of the Mac are present in a list.
- From that list, find and select the option ‘iCloud’. Now, input your credentials to enter in the iCloud settings, within it, put a checkmark on the option ‘Contacts’.
- This will import all the contacts present in the ‘iPhone’ to the Address Book within the Macintosh computer.
- Now, you can able to see your iPhone contact within the Mac also and use them whenever necessary.
In the previous section of this article, you will get easy steps that will help you provide guidance on “how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac”. If even after following all the points in the above section still, you are unable to sync contact details from iPhone to Mac, then do not worry at all. Just provide details about the problems that you have faced on the comment section present under this page.