Mozilla Firefox is a famous web browser which people all around the world use for various online activities. Sometimes, while working online with Mozilla Firefox, the users receive an error message on the computer screen, stating, ‘ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIIRECTS’ or ‘This webpage has a redirect loop’. This is basically caused if we are redirecting from the main URL to the new page. Therefore, we will be explaining how to stop redirects Firefox, so that you can resolve the issue all by yourself.
Cause of Redirects in Firefox
We face this problem in Mozilla Firefox if somehow from the main URL we are redirected to a new web page. Here, you will find an error like that o fredirection in Firefox. The browser finds the problem and comes out of the loop and generates the warning message. But, there is nothing to worry about because we have figured out the ways resolve the issue. This article would be beneficial for all of you who are stuck with this.
Procedure to Resolve Firefox Redirects
Thus, now that we have detected the reason for the problem of redirection in Mozilla Firefox, we have to fix it. Therefore, follow the steps to resolve the issue:
- Testing with other web browsers.
- Clearing the data of the browser.
- By checking the browser extensions.
- Adjusting the date and time.
We are going to describe all the methods in details.
Testing with other Web Browsers
We receive the error message on ‘Mozilla Firefox’ screen, if there are some internal problems with the browser itself. Therefore, try to use any other web browsers like ‘Google Chrome’ or any other browser. If after checking it with the other browser the same problem occurs, then there is a problem with the server. Then, try to use the URL after some time. In this way, you can resolve the issue of redirects in Firefox.
Clearing the Data of the Browser
Sometimes, if there are too many cookies and cache in the browser the redirecting problem occurs. In this way clear the data of the browser:
- Select the ‘Menu’ from the top right-hand corner of the ‘Mozilla Firefox’ browser.
- Then, select ‘Options’ from the drop-down list.
- Now, choose ‘Privacy’ and next select ‘Clear your recent history’.
- Next, choose ‘Everything’ from ‘Time range to clear’.
- Next, select ‘Clear now’ to clear the data.
Checking the Browser Extensions
Also, due to some extensions, this problem might occur. Thus follow these steps to disable the extensions in the web browser:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Now, on the address bar type ‘about:addons’
- Then, select the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- Now choose the extensions which you want to delete from the browser.
- Also, you can directly select the option ‘Disable all the extensions’ in case if you want to disable the extensions.
- Even you can select ‘One extension at a time’ to fix the problem.
Adjusting the Date and Time
If the date and time is not properly adjusted in the system then this problem might occur. In this way, you can adjust the date and time on the computer:
- Press the ‘Windows’ logo key and the letter ‘R’ from the keyboard to open the ‘Run’ box.
- Then, on the ‘Run’ box type ‘control’ and press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ choose ‘Date and Time’ to adjust the date and time.
- Now, choose the option ‘Internet Time’ tab and then choose ‘change Settings’.
- Then, put the mark on ‘Synchronize with an Internet time server’ and choose a ‘time server’.
- Now, select ‘Update Now’ to update date and time and select ‘OK’.
In this way, you can resolve the issue on the Mozilla Firefox browser.
This will hopefully help you to fix the problem when block redirects Firefox. For other problems related to Mozilla Firefox, you can email us on our official email address or you can place your queries in the comment section. We will be happy to help you.