By default, when you connect the iPhone with the computer, it will open the iTunes by itself. But sometimes, it creates a lot of problems. It can freeze the system for a few seconds.
Hence, you need to prevent iTunes to start automatically when the iPhone is connected with Windows or MacOS. Luckily there are a lot of ways to do that.
If you are unaware of how to stop iTunes from opening when the iPhone is connected with Mac or Window device and tired of searching the solution for this problem, then you have arrived at the right page.
Hence, you are recommended to go through the discussion provided below to eliminate all the troubles. So, let’s start.
How to Stop iTunes from Opening When iPhone is Connected Windows?
Stick to the steps given below to stop the iTunes from opening when the device is connected with Windows:
Procedure 1: Disable the Auto Sync Feature
By disabling the Auto Sync feature of iTunes app you can stop it to open automatically. To do so, you should have a look at the steps stated below:
- Connect the iPhone with the computer. Here, you can use a USB cable to connect them. Now, you will see it will open the iTunes by itself.
- Tap on the iPhone icon by going to the menu bar. Then, click on the Settings icon (gear-shaped).
- Under the Setting window, go to the Summary tab. It will show you the options on the right side of the screen.
- Now, untick the box that prompts ‘Automatically Sync when iPhone is connected’ by going to the options category. Tap on the Apply button to save the changes.
Procedure 2: Disable the iTunesHelper Service
When you install the iTunes app on the device, then it will install the iTunesHelper Service by default. This service helps the users to run iTunes in the background of the system. It also comes with the efficiency to detect all the devices that are connected with the system.
Hence, the iTunesHelper service can be the culprit behind the issue as it launches iTunes automatically whenever you connect the iPhone with the Windows.
Hence, to prevent iTunes from launching automatically, you can disable this service from the Task Manager.
How to Disable the iTunesHelper Service?
- In the beginning, launch the Task Manager by pressing the Esc, Shift, and Ctrl key simultaneously from the keyboard.
- Or if you prefer, you can also open the Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar and selecting Task Manager from the list.
- Now, navigate to the Startup tab. Then, look for the iTunesHelper service by scrolling down the list of options.
- After that, you should right-click on the iTunesHelper service and choose the Disable option from the list.
How to Stop iTunes from Opening When iPhone is Connected Mac?
Perform the steps as follows to stop iTunes from launching automatically when the iPhone is connected with MacOS:
- At first, launch the iTunes application.
- Navigate to the Preferences section. Else, you can also use the shortcut Command-comma from the keyboard to go to the Preferences section.
- Next, navigate to the Devices tab.
- Tick the box to stop the iTunes from syncing by itself.
Now, you should check whether the issue has been resolved.
In this guide, we have presented all the possible hacks to stop iTunes from opening when the iPhone is connected either to Windows or Mac.
Additionally, you can also share your doubts and valuable feedback through the comment part provided at the end of this guide.