While working with Dell laptops users face a lot of issues. Sometimes the laptop might get infected by a virus or may encounter an abrupt technical glitch. Thus, to resolve any such issue you need to run the Dell laptop in the safe mode. While running the laptop in safe mode, you can easily scan and delete the viruses and fix the problems. Additionally, in the Safe mode, the background operation of some specific programs and drivers get prevented, which makes it easier to troubleshoot. Hence, in this article, we are going to discuss the steps on how to start Dell laptop in safe mode.
Dell Laptop Boot into Safe Mode: Efficient Methods
As you know the reasons behind the need to run the Dell laptop in safe mode, now go through the steps for Starting Dell laptop in safe mode:
- When the computer is turned on.
- From the sign-in screen.
- Through advanced setup process.
Hence, we are going to discuss the methods, so that, you can resolve any problem without any difficulty.
Method 1: When the Computer is Turned On
Sometimes, the complications in the laptop are resolved just by booting the laptop in the safe mode. Thus, follow the guidelines to run the Dell laptop in Safe mode:
- At first, press the Windows key and the I key, together from the keyboard, to open Settings.
- Then, choose ‘Update & Security’ from the Settings window.
- After that, click on Recovery.
- Next, click on Restart Now option and go to Advanced Startup.
- Once your computer reboots then, click on Troubleshoot and further click on Advanced Options.
- Thereafter, click on Startup Settings and then, choose the option Restart.
- After rebooting your computer, press the F4 key to run your laptop in safe mode.
Method 2: From the Sign-in Screen
In case, you want to check for any virus infection on your computer, try to access the safe mode. Hence, by booting your laptop in the safe mode, you can easily check virus infection. Therefore, go through the methods to run your laptop in safe mode as discussed below:
- At first, reboot your computer.
- After that, press the Shift key and the Power button, simultaneously, when you see the sign-in screen to reboot your laptop.
- Next, after rebooting your laptop, click on Troubleshoot.
- Then, click on Advanced option and further click on Startup Settings to restart your Dell laptop.
- Thereafter, press the F5 key to boot your device in ‘Safe Mode with networking’ or press the F4 key to run your laptop in Safe Mode.
If even after, performing the above methods you are unable to boot into safe mode then, follow the next method.
Method 3: Use the Advanced Setup Process
Follow the steps to boot your Dell laptop in safe mode:
- At first, start your computer and keep on pressing the F8 key, till you see the option Troubleshoot.
- Then, click on Troubleshoot and choose the option Advanced Options.
- After that, choose Advanced Startup Options, from Advanced tab.
- Next, click on Startup Settings and further, choose Restart.
- After rebooting your laptop, press the F4 key continuously, to run your laptop in Safe Mode.
Therefore, follow the above-mentioned methods carefully, to boot your Dell laptop in safe mode without any difficulties
In this technical blog, we have provided the proper guidance on how to start Dell laptop in safe mode. Try not to skip the steps while running your laptop in safe mode. For any other issues refer to our helpful articles.