The calendar is an important application in Apple computers and mobiles as it records some important list of events in a year. But in the recent updates in the Apple iOS, the users face some problems while syncing Mac calendars. They are encountering Mac calendars not syncing issue on their Mac computers and laptops. This issue mainly occurs due to updates in the Mac software and thus arises incompatibility issue in your Mac device. If you are facing the same issue on your Mac device, then this article is for you. Here we are going to discuss how to resolve Mac calendar not syncing issue with the most appropriate solutions.
Causes Of Mac Calendar Not Syncing:
The outdated Apple software is one of the major reason why the user is encountering Mac calendar not syncing issue. This is because if you have outdated software then, you will be restricted to log into your Mac device. Therefore, it will restrict the Mac calendar to sync. Also, if you log into any other Mac device by using the same id and password then also this problem will occur. Another very specific reason which can be the reason behind this error can be that you have mistakenly or unknowingly turned off the calendar.
Effective Methods To Resolve The Mac Calendar Not Syncing Error:
Since we have discussed the causes of Mac calendar not syncing issue, now it’s the time that you should resolve it. Thus, you can follow the listed below steps to resolve the issue of Mac calendar not syncing. You can do it through these methods:
- By changing the default account to iCloud.
- Enabling or disabling iCloud reminders, contacts or calendars.
- By checking the settings of the calendars in the iCloud.
- Checking the application settings on your device
- By turning off the iCloud calendar and turning it on.
Below in this article, we are going to elaborately discuss all the methods in details, so that you can resolve this error as soon as possible.
Changing the Default Account to iCloud
If you are using any other calendar on your computer, then you might face this problem Thus, change the default account to iCloud by following these steps:
- Remove the lock on your Mac device.
- Now, open the ‘Calendar’ on the Mac device.
- Then, select the option ‘Default calendar’ from the list of options.
- After that, choose the calendar which is below the iCloud.
Now you can sync the calendar on the Mac. If this method isn’t able to solve the issue, move on to the next step.
Enable Or Disable The iCloud Reminders, Contacts Or Calendars
By enabling or disabling the iCloud reminders, contacts or calendars, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Apple menu’ on the Mac computer.
- Then, select ‘System Preferences’ from the list.
- Now, select the option ‘iCloud’.
- Then, put the tick mark in the box to enable it. If the tick mark is there in the box, then remove it to disable.
- Then, tick and untick the box to enable or disable the contacts and reminders.
Check the Settings Of The Calendar in the iCloud
To check the settings of the calendar in the iCloud, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘calendar’ in the Mac computer.
- Then, select the lower middle section of the Apple window.
- Now, choose the option ‘Show all’ which is on the bottom right-hand corner in the screen.
- In this way, check the settings of the calendar in the iCloud.
Check the Applications Settings on Your Device
After following the steps, if you find that the issues are not fixed, then you have to check the settings on the computer. If you have changed the Application settings on the computer then probably this method is exclusively for you.
Turn Off The iCloud Calendar and Turn It On
If you want to get rid of Mac Calendars Not Syncing issue, then you need to turn off the iCloud calendar and turn it on. You can easily do so by following the steps provided below:
- Open the ‘System Preference’ and then, select the ‘iCloud’.
- Now, turn off’ iCloud calendar’by ‘Unchecking the box’.
- Then, select the option ‘delete from the Mac’ to delete it.
- Next, wait for half an hour and the calendar will sync automatically.
Thus, by following the above steps, you can sync the calendars in your Mac computers and devices.
Hopefully, by going through the aforesaid methods, you will be able to eventually fix the problem of Mac calendar syncing. If you are facing any other issues related to your Mac device, then opt for a professional’s help in order to eliminate such errors from your Mac computers or laptops.