Dropbox is basically represented as a cloud storage service. It can produce a specific folder on the Computer of the user. Hence, the contents of that are synchronized to the server of the Dropbox and to the other devices where the Dropbox is installed. The same file is constantly updated on all devices as well. However, it is easy to manage files or folders with Dropbox. Moreover, its features are excellent but have some technical issue. But at times Dropbox is affected by a number of technical problems that cause many dangerous issues, such as Dropbox Error 404. When this error occurs the Dropbox does not work properly.
Basically, this error occurs while using the older version of the Windows Operating system. But sometimes this issue appears due to poor internet connection as well. These are the common cause behind this error to occur on the device. Well, if you are one of them then, carefully read this article. Here you will get all the necessary information regarding this issue along with its effective solutions as well.
Reliable Solutions To Solve The Dropbox Link Not Working
Below we have listed some easy and different solutions that you can use to resolve this error on your device. Go through them thoroughly and apply it accordingly:
Solution 1 – Update The Operating System
By updating the Operating system, you can fix this issue.
- At first, you have to go to the Settings application. Alternatively, go to the Search box, type Settings and then hit the Enter button.
- When the Settings application window opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- In the Update & Security section, you will find the Windows Update option in the left side panel. Click on that.
- Then click on the Check for Updates. If the update version comes then click on the Update option to update the Dropbox. After completing the Update process, restart your device and check if the Dropbox works fine without any issue.
Solution 2 – Uninstall The Dropbox and Again Install It
Sometimes reinstall the Dropbox can fix many issues on your device.
- Go to the Control Panel. Alternatively, you can also go to the Search box, type Control Panel and then hit the Enter key.
- Once the control panel window opens, locate the Programs and Features, click on it.
- In the Programs and Features section, scroll down the page and you will find the Dropbox application, click on it.
- Tap on uninstall option. Now your system will start to uninstall process.
- After completing the uninstall process, again install it from the Play Store. So at first, go to the Play Store and search it.
- Then click on the Download option. Once the download is done, install it correctly. After completing the installation process, restart your device and then check the problem will fix.
Solution 3 – Turn Off The Firewall
Sometimes the Dropbox not working properly due to the firewall. So what you need to do is simply turn off the Firewall.
- Firstly, you have to go to the Search box, type Firewall and then hit the Enter button.
- When the Windows Defender Firewall window opens, navigate to the ‘Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall’.
- Next, scroll down the page and you will find the Dropbox, click on it.
- Then you must check both Public and Private and then click on the Disable option to turn off the Firewall.
- Tap on the OK option to change the settings. After that, restart your system and then check the Dropbox problem will be fixed.
Solution 4 – Disable The Antivirus Software
If the tunning off the firewall doesn’t help, then try to disable your antivirus application on your device.
- At first, you have to open the Antivirus application.
- When the Antivirus application window opens, go to the Settings section.
- In the settings section, you will find the Disable option, click on it. After doing this, check the dropbox opens without any issue.
Solution 5 – Using The Command Prompt
By using the Command Prompt, you can easily fix this.
- You go to the Search box, type cmd and then right click on the search result to open the list.
- Click on the Run as administrator from that list.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, write ‘netsh Winsock reset catalog’ and then hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- Once the run is completed, then reboot your system and check the problem will fix.
Solution 6 – By Using The App Troubleshooter
If you use the UWP version of Dropbox, Windows 10 has useful troubleshooting that can solve the problems successfully. Troubleshooter is designed to solve various problems, including Dropbox and other Windows 10 applications. Hence, follow as instructed:
- In the beginning, you have to go to the Settings application. Alternatively, go to the Search Panel, type Settings and then press the Enter button.
- When the Settings window opens, go to the Update & Security section.
- In the Update & Security section, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Then tap on the ‘Windows Store Apps’ and then select the Run the troubleshooter. Now your system will start to troubleshoot.
- Once the troubleshooting process is completed, then restart your system and then check the Dropbox works properly.
Solution 7 – Reset The DNS Settings
After trying above-mentioned methods if the problem still persists, then you need to try this solution to resolve this error.
- At first, you have to go to the Search Panel, type cmd and then select the Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the below-listed command,
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- NETSH Winsock reset catalog
- NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log
- NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log
After typing each command, then press the Enter button. Once it is done, restart your system, then check the problem will fix.
Hopefully, this article will help you to fix the Dropbox error 404. Try the above-mentioned solutions with appropriate steps and solve this issue quickly. In case if you face any problem to do that then you can comment us in the below comment section.