A plugin is a basic part of the software which helps to improve the performance of this software. Online virus scanner, Adobe Flash Player, ad-blockers, Java are some examples of the Web browser plugin. But, many people look for solved Chrome couldn’t load plugin while they try to browse the Google Chrome. If you encounter this issue, then it indicates that Chrome’s features are not working properly. If the plugin is blocked, then you won’t able to perform many actions in Google Chrome. So, if you want to experience speed browsing, then you have to solve this issue.
Factors Responsible for Google Chrome Couldn’t Load Plugin Issue
This issue is generally related to the Adobe Flash Player plug-in or its component PepperFlash. But there are many possible reasons for this issue. So, first, check which is the exact cause for this problem.
- Old plug-ins.
- Plug-in is not supported by Google Chrome.
- Plug-in is not compatible with the software of the system.
- Improper Chrome Settings.
Solved Chrome Couldn’t Load Plugin: Easy Hacks
Most of the Windows 10 users reported about this problem. This issue reduces the performance of the Chrome browser. So, you need to fix this troublesome issue first. Just follow the below guide.
Hack #1: Rename the pepflashplayer.dll file
- Press the Windows key and E on the keyboard at the same time. It will open ‘Windows File Explorer’.
- Now, go to this location
C:\Users\Your Users name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash.
- Click twice on the folder with the version number.
- Find pepflashplayer.dll, and then rename it to pepflashplayerX.dll.
- Restart the Chrome Browser and check the flash works properly or not.
Hack #2: Delete the PepperFlash folder
Sometimes, deleting the PepperFlash folder will help to resolve this plugin issue. So, you can try this method.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows key and R key at the same time.
- Now, type ‘%localappdata%’ and press Enter key from the keyboard.
- After that, go to the ‘User Data’ of Google Chrome.
- Find PepperFlash, select it and delete it.
- Restart the Chrome browser.
Hack #3: Stop the Shockwave Flash
Shockwave Flash is one of the major reasons for ‘Chrome Couldn’t Load Plugin’ issue. So, if you stop this process, you might find solved Chrome couldn’t load plugin. To stop, just follow the easy steps.
- When this error strikes while working on Chrome, don’t close it. Just keep waiting on this tab and press the Shift and Esc key from the keyboard at the same time. It will open Chrome’s Task Manager window.
- Go to the Shockwave Flash under Plugin Broker option. Select End Process.
- Restart the Chrome and check whether the Flash works or not.
Hack #4: Update the Chrome Browser
The old version of Chrome can also cause this plugin issue. So, at first, you have to check that Chrome is updated with the latest version or not. If not, just follow the guide:
- Go to ‘more options’ which you will find on the top-right corner of Chrome.
- Then, go to Help option. Select ‘About Google Chrome’.
- If you have an outdated Chrome, then it will be updated automatically.
- Now, restart Chrome.
We hope it will be helpful for you. If not, don’t panic. Just go through the other hacks.
Hack #5: Disable PPAPI Flash Plugin
If your 64-bit Chrome doesn’t have 64-bit NPAPI plugins, then it will cause the plug-in issue. If you’re facing this problem while watching a video, then you can try this method to fix it.
- First, Open the Chrome browser. Type ‘chrome://plugins’ in the address bar and press the Enter key.
- It will show the list of installed plug-ins. Now, go to the Details.
- You will find two versions of Adobe Flash Player is there. Select the PPAPI Flash version and Disable this.
- Restart Chrome and check whether the problem is gone or not.
Hack #6: Check the Enhanced Mitigation Toolkit settings
The Windows 10 users often report that this problem occurs for using the Enhanced Mitigation toolkit. So, we have a suggestion to check the settings of this toolkit. To complete this, you need to follow the instructions which we provided below.
- First, go to Enhanced Mitigation Toolkit directory and run the EMT application.
- Wait for sometimes to open the EMT application. Select the ‘Configure apps’ option.
- Search for Chrome.exe in the App name column. Uncheck the SEHOP boxes which you’ll find next to the Chrome.exe.
- Close the EMT app.
- Restart the Chrome browser again and check whether this problem still persists or not.
Hack #7: Run DISM tool
Sometimes, this error will occur due to corrupted system files of Windows. So, you can run the DISM tool for scanning your device. It will help you for sure. Just do these below steps.
- Press the Window logo key and the R key on the keyboard at the same time. It will help to invoke the Run window.
- Type ‘cmd’ in the Run dialogue box and press Shift, Ctrl and Enter key together to run the Command Prompt section as Administrator.
- Now, type the Command line
“Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth”
And press Enter key.
This command line helps to scan all the System files and check that this is the Official or not by DISM tool. But, this line doesn’t prevent corruption. It will take several minutes to complete.
- Now, type “Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth” and press the Enter key. It will check whether the Windows 10 image of your device corrupted or not.
- Completing it, type this command “Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”.
This Command line helps to repair the Corrupted files. It will replace the corrupted files with the Official files.
- Wait for sometime. Completing the restoration, close the Command Prompt.
If you still face this problem, then we suggest to do an SFC scan after this method.
Hack #8: Perform SFC Scan
System File Checker helps to repair the corrupted files of the system. So, SFC scan is worth a try to get rid of this issue. Just perform the below instructions one by one:
- Right click on the Start Menu and go to the Command Prompt section.
- In the Command Prompt section, type ‘sfc/scannow’ and press the Enter Key from the keyboard.
- Then, the SFC scan will begin. Don’t cancel the scan process until it is completely finished. After scanning, it will show the corrupted files of your device.
- If you want to skip the repairing of corrupted files part, then just type this code:
“Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”.
- You can find the details of the SFC scan on the sfcdetails.txt file which will appear on the screen.
- Restart your device and see whether this problem is gone or not.
Hack #9: Reinstall Chrome
If none of the above hacks works, then you have to reinstall the Chrome as this is the last option left to fix this issue. It is the easiest process and you can surely do this by yourself. Just uninstall the Chrome browser from your device. Then, download it again and install its latest version. Please check the bit-rate according to the Windows bit-rate before downloading this browser again.
Hacks to Resolve the Problem of Loading the PDF Plugin
Sometimes, Adobe Reader is incompatible with Google Chrome version and it will cause this annoying issue. Don’t worry, we will discuss two effective hacks to fix it.
Hack #1: Check if the PDF Plugin is Enabled or not
You might encounter this problem if you install more than one PDF plugins. So, you have to make sure that the proper PDF plugin is running or not. To check this, you have to follow these steps.
- First, type ‘chrome://plugins’ in the address bar, and then press Enter.
- You will find the list of plugins. Go to Details.
- Find out the Chrome PDF Viewer and enable it.
- If you notice that Adobe PDF plugin for Firefox and Netscape are in the list of plugins. Don’t think twice to disable it. It will help you to fix this problem.
Hack #2: Change Adobe Reader Settings
Check all the settings of Adobe Reader is compatible with Google Chrome or not. To make it compatible, just follow these below guide.
- First, open the Adobe Reader. Go to the Edit option.
- Find Internet option under Preferences.
- Search for ‘Display PDF’ option and enable or disable it as your preference.
- Refresh the page where you stuck in a minute ago.
We hope these methods will surely help you. So, give feedback on this article. If you have any doubt regarding ‘Solved Chrome Couldn’t Load Plugin Issue’, don’t waste your valuable time. Drop a comment for more info.