Discord is a free Voiceover Internet Protocol (VoIP) software and also a web platform. Here, gamers can chat via text, voice, video, and images. This application is available for multiple Operating Systems like ‘Windows’, Android, etc. Despite the fact that Discord website has got plenty of good features and services, even then, there is no information regarding “how to set up a Discord server”. There are not many reasons why you need to set up a Discord Server. Some of the most usual causes are that if you wish to make your own Discord chat server, then for that, the knowledge of setup is vital. Also, if you want to shift your gamer friends from some reliable VoIP service to the Discord, then the server set up knowhow will be quite useful. However, if you are still worrying about not having enough members then you may look for sources to buy Discord members to enhance your growth.
Guidelines on How to Set Up a Discord Server
In this section of the article, you will get to know the method that will provide you with guidance on “how to set up a Discord server”.
Setup the Discord Server Specifically on Windows Operating System
First, launch a web browser and then visit the official Discord website. Next, from that website, download the setup file of the Discord application for Windows and install the same. After the installation is over, ‘Sign Up’ to create an account accordingly. Once the account creation is complete, validate it. Once the validation of your Discord account is over, follow the steps below on how to set up a good Discord server for Windows.
- On the desktop, locate the ‘Discord’ icon and double-click on it to launch.
- When the new window opens up, find and click on the ‘+’ sign on the left pane of it.
- After that, a new page will open up, where choose the button ‘Create a Server’ under the heading ‘Create’.
- Now, a new page will come up, with a heading ‘Create Your Server’. In it, provide the name and also an icon to the newly created server.
- After that, provide a proper region to the server, so that the gamers whom you will invite can communicate without any issues. The best way to choose the correct server region is a place, which can be nearer to both you and the other gamers.
- When all the details are complete, tap on the ‘Create’ button present on the lower right side of the screen.
- When the creation of the server is over, then there will be an icon of your newly created server, just above the ‘+’ sign on the left side of the window.
- Next, to start the chat session via the new server, invite the gamer friends. You can send invitations to them by pressing the icon ‘Create Instant Invite’.
- Then, there will be an invitation link, which you can copy and send to all your gamer friends. Be sure to remind them that the invitation link is valid for a day only, after that it will expire.
- In addition, there is an option which enables the invitation link to never expire. In order to activate that option, just below the invitation link, put a checkmark beside ‘Set this link to never expire’.
Steps on How to Set Up a Discord Server within Android Phone
To create a Discord server from the Android phone, you will have to follow the steps in the following.
- First, unlock the phone and then locate and tap on the ‘Google Play Store’ application.
- Next, when the application window comes up, tap on the search area and type the text “Discord”. After that, tap on the ‘magnifying glass’ icon present at the bottom right corner of the keyboard to begin the search process.
- When the search is complete, you will get the ‘Discord – Chat for Gamers’ installation page directly.
- On that, page click on the ‘Install’ button on the top right side of the screen. Now, as soon as you click on that button, the download process of the application will begin.
- When the download procedure is complete, the installation process of the application will start instantly. Once everything is done, click on the ‘Open’ button to launch the Discord app.
- After that, if you have an account then choose ‘Login’. Otherwise, select the ‘Register’ option and then follow the on-screen instructions to create an account.
- Next, once your account page comes up, select the ‘+’ icon, which is present on the left edge of the screen. Then, at the bottom, a popup will appear with the heading ‘Add a Server’. In it, choose the option ‘Create a new Server’.
- Now, a new page will show up ‘Create a Server’. There, first, select an image for the server. Then, under the section ‘Server Name’, provide a name for the new server. Next, under the section ‘Server Region’, scroll down and choose a place convenient for you and your friends who will join the chat session.
- Go to the upper right side of the screen and select the button ‘Create’. Once the server creation is over, go back to the main page. Then, at the top of the page, choose the option ‘Create Instant Invite’.
- Then, go to the bottom of the screen and copy the invitation link. You can share that link with your friends to invite them. This link expires in one day, therefore tell your friends to accept it quickly. Slide the switch to the right to enable the option ‘Set this link to never expire’. So that your friends will not have a one-day time limit.
- At last, tap on the ‘Share Link’ button to send the link.
You can follow the steps in the above section, to set up a Discord server easily. However, even after following guidelines on the above steps, if you are still are unable to set up Discord server, then worry not. Provide the details of the problems that you have encountered on the comment section below this webpage, and we will get back to you at the earliest.