As we know that each and every electronic device has some drawbacks. Similarly Nvidia graphics cards also have some glitches. While playing games on our computer we often receive error messages. The notifications states ‘Nvidia OpenGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue’. So, we are going to discuss how we can fix the ‘Nvidia error code 3’.
Causes Of ‘Nvidia Error Dode 3’
Sometimes when we try to play the game, we face some difficulties. We can not get inside the game window. This is mainly caused due to the Nvidia error code 3.
- The Nvidia graphics card might be corrupted.
- Also, if the computer is running sluggishly.
- Even if the memory of your computer is low, then this problem.
Thus, these are the reason why we receive the error notification on our computer.
How To Fix Nvidia Error code 3
If you receive the error code on our computer, then there is nothing to worry about. The error code can be resolved. Therefore, the methods to resolve the Nvidia error code 3 are as follows:
- By rolling back the driver to the previous version.
- Updating the driver.
- By closing some common applications.
- By uninstalling and installing the driver.
- Adding extra RAM to the computer.
Rolling Back Driver To The Previous Version
If we are facing some problems with the previous version then you need to get back to the previous version. Therefore, to get back to the previous version follow these steps:
- Hold down ‘Windows‘ key and ‘R’ together from the keyboard.
- Now release both the fingers.
- Then, on the run box type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press ‘Enter’.
- Then right-click on ‘display adapter’ and select ‘Properties’.
- Now select ‘Rolling Back Driver’ which is located below ‘Driver’ tab.
- Then select ‘My apps don’t work with this driver’.
- Select ‘Yes’ to confirm.
Updating Nvidia Driver
If the driver of the computer is not up to date, then we might face this problem. Therefore we can update the driver in this way:
Manually Update Drivers- You can manually update the drivers either from the device manager or from Windows update.
- Press the ‘Windows’ logo key.
- Then type ‘Device Manager’ on the search panel.
- Select the ‘Device Manager’ and right-mouse click on ‘Display adapter’
- Then again right click on ‘Nvidia card driver’.
- Now click ‘Update driver software’ to update.
Also if you want to update the driver from the Windows update in this way:
- Press ‘Windows’ key and ‘I’.
- Now in the ‘Setttings’ window click ‘Updates and Security’.
- Then select ‘Windows Update’ to update the driver.
Automatic Driver Update- If you want to automatically update the driver of your computer then you can go to the official website and download the update.
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ and change ‘View By’ from ‘Category’ to ‘Large Icons’.
- Then, select ‘troubleshooting’ and choose ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Next select ‘Configure a Device’ to configure.
- Then select ‘Next’ to troubleshoot the problems.
By Closing Some Common Application
If we have opened too many applications on our computer then you might get the error notification.
- Press the ‘Windows’ key from the keyboard.
- Then click on ‘Task Manager’.
- Also, if you want to view the virtual memory then open the ‘Control Panel’.
- Then select the option ‘System and Security’.
- Then click on ‘System’.
- Now select ‘Advanced System Settings’.
- Now open the ‘System Properties’ of your computer.
- Then select ‘Advanced’ tab and then select ‘Settings’ and check Virtual memory.
By Uninstalling And Installing The Driver
The driver of the computer might get corrupted, thus we have to re-install the driver on our computer. Follow the steps to re-install:
- Open the ‘Device Manager’.
- Then right click on ‘Sound, Video and Game controllers’.
- Now select ‘Nvidia Graphics Card’.
- Then select ‘Properties’
- Now select ‘Driver’ tab.
- Then click on ‘Uninstall’ to uninstall the driver.
- After the uninstalling, the driver will be installed automatically from the computer.
Adding Extra RAM To The Computer
Sometimes if the RAM of your computer is low then we might receive the error code. Therefore to fix the issue we have to add some extra RAM to our computer. In this way, you can fix the Nvidia error code 3 on our computer.
This will eventually help you to fix the error code on the computer. If you face any other problems then you can place your queries on the comment section. We would be happy to help you.