This is one of the scenarios for the Windows 10 users that after a successful login, they will get to see the Windows 10 Black Screen After Login. Though it doesn’t happen often, sometime if anything goes wrong, the black screen might appear on your screen. There might be some common situations which cause the black screen problem. There might be a problem with the internet connection and due to this, the black screen might appear. Sometimes the problem might be with the display related or may the issue with some recent updates or the recent installation.
In this article, we will take you through all the troubleshooting guideline which you can check hardware and software. And after that, you will be able to find out the problem and easily you can fix that.
The following are some of the solutions which you need to follow if you face the Windows 10 black screen after login with the cursor.
Remove Windows 10 black screen after login
If you are getting a black screen while you are using Windows 10 or you want to know the steps to fix it up quickly if you are getting one, check below:
If you are using Windows 10 and you get to see the black screen after the login you need to follow the below steps –
If the keyboard is attached to your system, just hit the Windows logo key, Ctrl, Shift, and letter B altogether. But if you are using the tablet mode you need to press down the volume up and volume down button together. You have to do this three times within two seconds.
You will get a beep sound and the screen will blink. The Windows tries to refresh your system. If the Windows 10 is responsive enough the problem will get resolved.
But, if the problem is still there after going through this, you need to go for solution 2.
If the black screen or a cursor on the black, you need to open the Task Manager. This will allow you to restart the Windows Explorer process.
First, you need to press down Ctrl key, Alt key, and the delete key. Make sure that you press all the buttons at the same time. Once you press that a small window pops up on the screen. You need to select the Task Manager there. You need to search the Windows Explorer. There is a Tab name Process. Under this, you will get to see the option. Now, you just need to give a Right-Click on Windows Explorer. You have to reboot the system again. Once the system restarts, the problem will be resolved.
But, if the problem still persists, go ahead and select the file option at the top-left corner of the Task Manager. After that, you need to select Run new task. Finally, you need to type explorer.exe and then you need to hit the Ok button.
If you still see the problem, you need to go for another solution, which is Solution 3.
If you see the black screen still even after you log in your Windows 10, you need to roll back the display adapter driver. Another name for this display adaptor driver is the graphics card. Make sure the Windows 10 system was operating correctly. You just need to roll back your display adaptor driver to cancel all the changes which you have made while updating the Window 10.
And to do so you need to sign in to Windows. You just need to select the safe mode to perform this. And if you are using the encryption you should use BitLocker key to start in safe mode.
- Press the power button down and hold that for ten seconds to turn the device off. Then again you need to turn the device on again. Follow this process three times in order to trigger the Automatic repair tool.
- You will get to see the choose an options screen, and then after select the troubleshoot option, following by Advance option and Startup Setting option. Finally, you have to restart the system.
- Wait for little time so that the system gets booted up. Once the system restarted completely you will get to see the list of options. You should select the 5 or F5 for safe mode along with the Networking.
After the safe mode gets activated you need to do the following things to roll back the display adaptor driver.
- Type “device manager” in the search box to open the Device Manager.
- First, you need to choose the Device Manager option, after that, you have to expand the Display Adapters by selecting the arrow.
- Give a right click in display adaptor and then you need to select the properties. And after click the driver tab and make roll driver ab as yes.
- So, once you are done with all that you need to shut the device and then you need to turn that on.
But, if the problem still stubbornly retains, you should go for the Solution 4.
During the time when you update your Windows 10, many drivers and device get updated automatically.
If you have the most recent driver despite that you are viewing the black screen on your Windows 10 operating system, you can fix that by uninstalling the display adapter driver.
To do so, first, you need to ensure that you are in the safe mode. If your Windows 10 system in safe mode you need to do the following things to install the display adapter driver.
- Type “device manager” through the search box to open the device manager.
- You need to choose the device manager option, after that, you have to expand the display adapters by selecting the arrow.
- Give a right click in display adaptor and then you need to select the properties. After that select the driver tab and hit on uninstall and then press ok button.
- So after that, you need to shut down the system and restart the system.
Once you are done with all the steps the problem will be resolved.
There is some third party software like your antivirus, can give you this sort of trouble. This makes the screen also black after the login in your Windows 10 Operating System.
So, in order to get rid of the problem you just need to uninstall that software for the time being. Once you get rid of the problem you can reinstall that.
Even if you uninstall the antivirus the device is still unprotected. As Windows Defender also kick in if there is no other antivirus.
So, first, you need to make sure that the Windows is in safe mode. Once you are assured of that, you need to select the start button, following by Apps & features. After that select sort by name, edit that as sort by install date. Now you can select the third party antivirus and uninstall that. Then shut down your system and turn it on.
System Restore can be one option to get the system to an earlier stage. This restoration will take your system to an earlier point in time. This is also known as a Restore Point.
The System restoration might uninstall some apps and the drivers but it won’t touch your personal files. It is created when you download and install some drivers, some new apps or maybe some updates. Once the system gets restore the problem will be resolved.
You should perform a clean boot in order to get rid of this Windows 10 black screen after login. The clean boot is actually a troubleshoot to check the compatibility issue of the software.
To perform this clean boot follow the below steps –
- You have to log in to the administrative section.
- Hit on the start and in the search panel you need to type msconfig.
- You will get to see the System Configuration option there. You have to select that option.
- Once the System Configuration window pops up on the screen, under this you will get to see service option. At the bottom of that window, you will get to see an option to hide all Microsoft services, select that checkbox and then press disable all.
- After that, on the same window, you can see a tab Start Up. Hit on that option and then select open task manager. Once you open the task manager select each startup one by one and then disable all.
- So, once you disable all the startup you need to close the Task Manager. On the same window which is System Configuration, you get to see the ok button. You need to press that ok button down and then restart the system.
- Once the device starts a clean booting environment, you need to go to the troubleshooting where you can install or uninstall or run any application. Once the troubleshooting gets completed you should reset the computer to boot normally.
You Need to Uninstall The Recent Updates:
Sometimes the problem might occur because of some recent updates. So, in order to get rid of the black screen of the Windows 10 black screen after your login, you can uninstall some recent updates. But before that, you need to make sure that your system is in safe mode.
The first thing you have to select the Start button, following that setting, update, and security, Windows Update, advance option, view your update history, uninstall updates. You have carefully selected the update and which you want to remove and then, hit on uninstall.
So far, we have tried to cover all the possible solution if you face black screen issue and you are using Windows 10 Operating System. Hope this article will help you to understand this problem. At the same time, we provided all the best and simple solution which can definitely help you to get rid of this problem. If still, you have any doubt in your mind you can simply let us know in our comment section.