The QuickBooks error code 80029C4A appears due to the damaging of files and data. Also, there are so many other causes behind the error code. Basically, the incomplete installation of the software, the malware or virus infection, corrupted Windows Registry, and corrupted Windows related files can be the main causes of the error code as well.
So, it is necessary to fix the error code 80029C4A when it appears. Otherwise, your system will be damaged. In this article, we will find some major solutions one by one for fixing the error code 80029C4A QuickBooks 2017.
Symptoms of the Error Code 80029C4A
Before starting the troubleshooting, you need to know some common symptoms of the error code 80029C4A. And these are:
- Generally, error code 80029C4A appears on the screen
- All the active programs crashes instantly
- The system runs slow
- The computer freezes for a few seconds
- The cursor and keyboard work slowly
How to Solve QuickBooks Error Code 80029C4A
Now, we are going to discuss 4 major solutions briefly. So, if you are facing the QuickBooks error code 80029C4A, then you can follow the instruction and apply them accurately.
Process 1: Reinstall the QuickBooks
It is the first step which we are going to discuss. So, at first, you have to close the QuickBooks and then you need to click on the Windows icon. After that, you have to open the Control Panel and then click on the “Uninstall or change program” option. Now, in the program list, you need to select the Quickbooks. Now, click on the “Uninstall” option. After doing these, the QuickBooks installation window will open. Here, you have to click “Next” for continuing the process.
After completing the uninstallation process, you have to click the “Finish” option. Now, the application will be erased from the computer. After that, download the “QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe” file. After that, you need to open the “QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe” option. Here, you have to click on the “I Accept on the license agreement” option. Then, you need to select the version of QuickBooks Desktop and click for continuing.
Now, a message “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory” will appear on the screen. You need to click the OK option.
Here, one thing should keep in your mind that before starting the download, you should select the country surely. After downloading, you need to install it by following the on-screen instruction. Finally, reboot your computer and then check if QuickBooks opens normally or not.
Process 2: Perform a Windows Repair
This is the next method that we are going to discuss. In this step, you have to close the QuickBooks first. And after that, you need to click on the Windows icon. Now, you should open the Control Panel and then click on the “Uninstall or change program” option. In the program list, you need to choose the “QuickBooks” option. Now, you have to click on the Uninstall button and then you should click the “Next” option.
After that, you need to select the “repair radio” button and then click on Next. Now, from the bottom side of the window, click on the “Repair” button. Basically, the process is almost done and after the repairing, you need to click the “Finish” option. After that, you have to reboot your computer again and then you should open the QuickBooks to check if it is working properly or not.
Process 3: Using Reboot.bat
At first, press the Windows key and the E key at the same time and then open the “File Explorer”. After that, click on the “partition local disk (C:) and then move to “program file folder”.
In this section, you should find Intuit. Basically, when you click on this folder, the other contents will open to you. After doing this, you need to click on the “Quickbooks Enterprises Solutions 10.0”. Numbers of program files will open on the right side. Among them, you need to search the .bat file and double-click on it. After that, the file starts running and finally, you need to start your computer again.
Process 4: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
We will discuss this method for the different versions of Operating Systems of Windows.
Steps for Windows 7 and Vista
- Firstly, click on the Start button and then open the Control Panel option.
- In the Control Panel page, you have to find the “Programs and Features” option.
- Now, in this section, you have to select the “Name Column” option and then find “QuickBooks Pro error code 80029C4A”.
- After that, you should click on the “QuickBooks pro-associated entry” option and then click on the Uninstall button.
- When the uninstallation is complete, reinstall the program and the problem will be solved.
Steps for Windows XP
- Hit on the Start button and open the Control Panel first.
- After that, select the “Programs and Features” option.
- In this page, click on the “Add or remove programs” option.
- Browse the “Quickbooks pro error code 80029C4A-associated program” in the “currently installed programs” list.
- Now, you need to click on the “Quickbooks pro-associated entry” option to open it.
- After that, you have to click on the Remove button. After that, the uninstallation process will be done successfully. Reinstall the file after some time and check if the error still persists.
Steps for Windows 8
- Here, you have to open the Control Panel to begin the procedure.
- Then, select Programs and Features from the Control Panel list.
- Now, you have to browse the “Quickbooks pro error code 80029C4A-associated program” in the Name Column list.
- And after that, you have to click on the “Quickbooks pro-associated entry” option. After doing all these, click on the Uninstall option from the top menu ribbon. Once the uninstallation process complete, reinstall the program afresh and check for the error.
To Wrap it up
So, we have discussed 4 major solutions briefly and hope you can understand it. Basically, we have simplified the methods for all kind of users. Still, if you have any doubt regarding this problem, then you can ask your question in the comment section.