Outlook is a personal data manager application built by Microsoft Corporation. You can get this application as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. This software can be used mostly as an email application. Also, you can get many other features with this software like task manager, contact manager, calendar, journal, web browsing and note taking.
A single user can use this application as the standalone software. Multiple users may use this application with the ‘Microsoft Exchange or Sharepoint Server’ to exchange public folders, share mailboxes, calendars etc. There is a mobile version of this software also. Despite the fact that there are so many unique features within this application. Even then you may encounter many different types of errors while you use it. One such kind of error that you may get is the Outlook error code 10. In the next section, you will learn the reasons why does this error occur.
Why Does Outlook Error Code 10 Occur
Solutions To Resolve Outlook Error Code 10
In this section of the article, you will get various steps to solve the glitch Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server error code 10.
In order to resolve this issue, first, you will have to examine all the certificates. To do it you will have to contact the system administrator to get administrative rights of the system.
- First, you will have to get a connection to any server that is secured or to an RPC server within the ‘Internet Explorer’ and then tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- After that, locate the ‘padlock’ icon that is present on the lower right-hand corner of the browser window. Now, double-click on that icon.
- Now, in the new window, tap on the tab ‘Details’ and then get the information from the fields that are in the following.
- Valid to – This field shows the date up to which the certificate is valid. When this date will be over, then that certificate will get expired.
- The information that is present in this field should be the same as the name of that site itself.
Load Trusted Root Certificate
If the security certificate is not from a certificate authority, then you may able to get the Outlook error code 10. Now, to rectify this problem the only solution for you is to load the root certificate that you can trust.
- First, open the ‘Certificates’ dialog box. Then, within that dialog box tap on the button ‘Install Certificate’. After that, hit the button ‘Next’.
- Now, put a tick mark on the checkbox ‘Place all certificate in the following store’. Then hit the button ‘Browse’.
- After that, tap on the folder ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities’ and then hit the button ‘OK’
- Tap on the ‘Next’ button. Then, click on the button ‘Finish’ and at last hit on ‘OK’.
Inspect And Affirm The Current Outlook Anywhere Hostnames
Do a thorough inspection of the Outlook Anywhere current hostnames. This needs to be done to affirm that the hostname that is present on the error is already there within the Outlook Anywhere.
- First, hit the ‘Windows’ key and then go to the search area. In the search box, type in command prompt. Now, from the search result, choose the option ‘Command Prompt’. This will display the command prompt window.
- Within that window, type the following command and hit the ‘Enter’ key to execute – ‘Get-OutlookAnywhere | fl ExternalHostname, InternalHostname’
Make A New DNS Records
To make new DNS records, you need to use the certificate that is on the certificate itself. This name is used by the CAS servers and reverse proxies. For both the internal and external DNS we will use the same name as it is present on the certificate. To resolve the Internal IP of the CAS server you need the internal DNS. To resolve the public IP of the CAS servers you need the external DNS. If you use the reverse proxy then there is a requirement for you to configure the external IP to correct the public IP of that reverse proxy.
Configure The Hostnames Of New Outlook Anywhere
In order to configure or set a new Outlook Anywhere using the internal and external hostnames, then you will have to execute the command in the following – ‘Get-OutlookAnywhere | Set-OutlookAnywhere -InternalHostname mail.litwareinc.com -InternalClientsRequireSsl $true -ExternalHostname mail.litwareinc.com -ExternalClientsRequireSsl $true -ExternalClientAuthenticationMethod Basic’. Now, to run this command hit the ‘Enter’ key. At last, go to the third point and repeat the steps under it.
Hence, follow all the points on the previous section to resolve the Outlook is unable to connect to the proxy server error code 10. If you cannot able to solve this error, even after following the steps in the above section then post your query in the comment section below. We will try to resolve it quickly.