Acer is one of the best laptop manufacturing brands in this global market. It became popular among the users because of its salient features. However, despite being a popular one, it is not free from the occasional glitches. Users can encounter a numbers of error messages and codes while trying to use it. No bootable device Acer is one of those common errors you can encounter while trying to use this PC. Well, this error can be caused due to several reasons. If you are not aware of the troubleshooting process to fix this issue, then you can follow this article till the end to perform the troubleshooting process. Before focusing on that part, at first, let’s focus on the causes to encounter this error. So, let’s focus on the problem in detail.
What Is No Bootable Device Error?
A bootable device is a hardware which stores important data to boot your computer. Any storage device like hard drive, DVD, CD-ROM drive, USB flash drive, floppy disk drive. In that case, remember that bootable device must contain important files otherwise, it won’t be able to boot your computer.
No bootable device error is an error message provided by the BIOS of your Acer laptop. Every computer has an independent software to complete the booting task, it is called BIOS. When your BIOS fails to detect the Operating System to complete the task, you may encounter a black screen showing an error message “no bootable device found”.
Symptoms To Encounter No Bootable Device Acer Issue
When this error encounters, then at the booting time your system crashes all of a sudden and you encounter a black screen showing several lines of codes and an error message showing “no bootable device found“. If you have faced this error and don’t know how to overcome this issue, then don’t worry, you are not alone, several users are facing this error.
Causes To Encounter No Bootable Device Found On Your Acer Error
There is more than one reason, due to which you can encounter this issue with your Acer laptop. At times, your computer fails to detect a bootable device or booting files to complete the booting task. However, here are some reasons, due to which you can encounter this error with your Acer laptop.
Wrong Bootable Device
You can encounter this error when you enter an unbootable device or you have inserted an unconfigured bootable device in your computer, otherwise, if your bootable device fails to change the boot order of your BIOS, then you can encounter this error with your system.
Hard Disk Error
You can also encounter this issue due to a hard disk error. A hard drive stores the Operating System and boot files, if you did not change the sequence of boot then the bootable device still will be in your internal hard drive. In that case, if you are using a damaged hard drive it won’t be able to complete the read or write the task in a normal way, as a result, the booting process fails to complete and you encounter this frustrated error message.
Corrupted Operating System
You can also encounter this error due to a corrupted Operating System. If your installed Operating System crashes all of a sudden due to virus attack or something. In some cases, MBR corruption also can cause this error. In that case, when the sector gets damaged and your computer fails to get the needed information to complete the booting task. As a result, you may encounter this error message with your device.
If virus attack takes place on your system then it damages the essential system files and folders. In that case, your computer fails to detect the hard drive as well as boot files to complete the booting task. In that case, you can also encounter this error with your system.
Inconvenience With Motherboard
In some cases, motherboard error can also cause this error. In this case, the motherboard fails to detect the hard drive and as a result, you encounter an error message with a black screen.
Hacks To Fix No Bootable Device Acer
Using several methods you will be able to fix this issue on your own. Here are some expert provided guidance with the help of which you can fix the booting error. It is recommended, try to follow each and every step carefully, don’t skip any one of them.
Method 1: Check Hardware Components
You can troubleshoot this error by checking hardware components. In that case, you have to remove and reconnect hardware components. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, try to restart your computer.
- Now, press F2 or whatever keys prompted to provide.
- Make the option named “Primary Hard Drive” to be checked.
- If you can’t see this option it means it has not detected the connected hard drive.
- Now, shut down your computer and unplug the power cable.
- Again, remove each and every device connected with your computer.
- Wait for some time.
- Reconnect all hardware.
- You will be able to fix this issue.
Sometimes, loose connection between your computer and the hardware device can cause this error. In that case, if you perform this action, then you will be able to overcome this issue on a quick note.
If the error persists after plugging in all devices, then try to follow the next method given below.
Method 2: Repair Your System
You can also perform a repair process with your system in order to resolve this issue. Just try to follow each and every step carefully.
- At first, insert a Windows installation disc or bootable USB disk which contains installation files for the Windows version you are using. Now restart your Acer device.
- Now, change the boot order inside the BIOS to complete the DVD boot first. In that case, enter the BIOS. Go to the Boot tab.
- Change the boot order settings to make Hard Drive as the first boot device.
- After completing the whole process, try to Save the settings. Now, reboot your computer to complete the task.
- After performing the task, the disc will start loading. Wait for that time. After loading disc, you have to select the language, time zone and keyboard input method.
- Tap on OK to continue. Then you will be able to see a screen where you have to choose the option named “Repair your computer”.
- Now, select at least one installation from the provided list and continue with that process.
- In that case, you can also try “Startup Repair” first. You will get into the “System Recovery Options” interface. You will be able to see a list of choices which will help you to repair your Windows system. If you use the first option, “Startup Repair” then you will be able to fix different startup issues on a quick note.
If you can’t resolve this issue after performing this action, then try to follow the next method given below to resolve the matter.
Method 3: Repair Corrupted Boot Files
Corrupted boot files present in your system, can cause this error as well. In that case, you have to repair those corrupted boot files like corrupted BCD or corrupted MBR using following steps mentioned below.
- To perform this task, at first, try to insert the boot disk and perform a boot from it.
- Now, select the language and region and click on the repair your computer as described in the previous section.
- Now, you have to select the Command Prompt.
- Click on the Command Prompt.
- As you invoke in Command Prompt, type the lines as follows and hit Enter after providing each command.
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /scanos
- bootrec /rebuildbc
After completing these steps, turn off the command prompt and reboot your system.
Method 3: Repair Bad Sectors Of Hard Drive
If you don’t notice any problem in the additional hardware devices, it can be possible that, the problem exists on the hard drive itself. You can also try to repair the bad sectors, in order to resolve the issue. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Using the right mouse button click on the icon from the desktop and choose the option Open.
- Locate and right click on the drive letter representing the affected hard drive and select Properties.
- Select the “Tools” tab and click “Check Now”.
- After completing, you will be able to see two options named “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”.
- You have to choose both of them to perform a complete scan and fix the problem of your system.
If this error persists after performing the steps, then try to follow the next method given below.
Method 4: Reset Primary Partition
You can also try to reset the primary partition as ‘Active’ to troubleshoot the issue. Once you set it, then you will be able to overcome this issue on a quick note using the steps mentioned below.
- Insert the Windows installation media (DVD disk or USB flash drive) and boot from that.
- Under System Recovery Options or Troubleshoot, click on Command Prompt.
- Type the command “diskpart” and hit Enter.
- Type “select disk 0” and hit Enter.
- Type “list partition” and hit Enter.
- Type “select partition 1” and hit Enter.
- Type “active” and hit Enter.
After completing this task, check the status of the error you are facing, you will be surely able to fix the issue.If not then you can contact the experts as well.
In this article, you have walked through the definition, as well as the causes and solutions to fix no bootable device issue of your Acer PC. Hopefully, you have already completed the steps as well as have fixed the issue. In case, if you encounter any kind of system issues then you can follow our website to get troubleshooting posts. If you have any query related to the provided solutions, then,you can just leave a comment and we will keep you updated.