There are many security softwares available in the market but among them, Malwarebytes is the best one. The Malwarebytes is an anti-malware application that is developed by the Malwarebytes Corporation. This security software specializes in removing malware from computers. Malwarebytes protects various kinds of devices like computer, mobile devices etc.
This security software has garnered quite a lot of attention from many users due to its unique features and capabilities like automatic updates, scanning etc. Even the mobile version of this application is also very popular, as it does not allow any unauthorized access. Despite having so many good features even this software is not free from the errors. One such glitch is the Malwarebytes runtime error. In the next section, you will get the definition of the term Malware.
What Is A Malware
A Malware is a malicious program or software specifically created to disrupt the normal functioning of the computer. This program basically harms the machine or the mobile devices by taking control of the device. In some cases, it may damage the computer or mobile devices. Some malware is even programmed to take information from the device without the permission of the user.
Causes Of Malwarebytes Runtime Error
This section will provide the various causes on why does this error happen after all.
- If the Malwarebytes program file gets corrupted somehow, because of accidental deletion, interruption of power etc. Then there is a possibility for you to get this glitch.
- When some incompatible programs execute at the same time, then also you might get this error.
- Due to a virus infection or a malware attack also you can face this glitch.
- The Malwarebytes runtime error can occur if there is an issue with the RAM.
In the upcoming section, you will get possible solutions to remove this glitch from your machine.
Solutions To Resolve This Error
In this section of the article, you will get a variety of methods which will help you to rectify the Malwarebytes runtime error is an easy way.
Remove Or Quit Any Programs That Conflicts With Another
This error can happen because of some programs that are conflicting with one another or the Malwarebytes security software. The only solution to resolve this glitch is to close all those programs or processes that are conflicting. In order to do this follow the steps down below.
- First, tap on the combination of ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’ keys simultaneously to launch the ‘Task Manager’ window. This window allows you to view the programs that are currently executing.
- Within the ‘Task Manager’ window, tap on the tab ‘Processes’. Next, under this tab choose each program from the list and then at the bottom, tap on the ‘End Process’ button.
- Repeat the above procedure to stop every process. Now, every time when you stop a process, then cross check if you are getting the error.
- When you are able to identify the program that causes this error, then update or reinstall that program.
Update Or Install The Conflicting Program Once Again
- First, tap on the ‘Start’ menu, then in the search box type in control panel. Now, choose the option ‘Control Panel’ from the search result. This will launch the ‘Control Panel’ window.
- Within that window, find and then choose the category ‘Programs’. After that, from the new window, choose the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- From the list of programs that are installed in your system, locate and choose the program that causes conflict. Next, right-click on that program.
- Now, you will get a pop-up options list. From that list, you can choose either Update or Uninstall.
- If you like to update the program then choose Update. This will open the installer of that program. After that, follow the information on the window to start updating the program.
- If you chose to uninstall then follow the instructions within the installer window to remove the application.
- After the uninstallation is complete, then execute the setup file of that application once again to install it. At last, when the installation is completed restart your machine.
Update Your Malwarebytes Security Software Manually
To solve this issue, the only solution you have is to update the Malwarebytes application. Even though the Malwarebytes application updates automatically, but sometimes it is better to manually update the software.
- First, launch the Malwarebytes security software present on your computer.
- Within that software choose the ‘Dashboard’option on the left panel. Next, go to the right panel and then under the heading “System’ select the link ‘current’ or any other word that is beside the label ‘Updates’.
- When you tap on this link, then the application will automatically check for the updates and install those files.
- There is another way to update this application.
- On the taskbar beside the ‘People’ icon, tap on the ‘up’ icon to open the system tray. Now, from the list of icons, tap on the ‘Malwarebytes’ icon.
- After that, you will see the options list. Then from that list, tap on the option ‘Check for Updates’.
- When you click on that option, then the Malwarebytes application will be displayed. As soon as this application opens then it will start to check for any updates and install that updates automatically.
Wrap Up Note
If you follow the steps on the previous section carefully, then it is possible for you to rectify the Malwarebytes runtime error very easily. But, if you cannot rectify this issue even after following each and every point mentioned in the above section. Then post your query on the comment section below and we will solve it very quickly.