The Internet Explorer no sound error is one of the most reported glitches that almost every Internet Explorer explorer user face at least once at a time. The error might occur by the Adobe flash player inhibiting the sound on IE. Along with the player, the glitch may also arise due to the add-ons in some cases. Moreover, if the sound of the Internet Explorer settings is disabled or if the sound in the Volume Mixer is set to mute, you might encounter the same error. If you are facing the same issue, do not worry. Go through the article to know about the procedures to fix the glitch immediately.
Solutions to Fix No Sound On Internet Explorer
To resolve the Internet Explorer no sound error instantly, you can go through the easy yet effective procedures mentioned below:
Method 1: Make Sound Enabled In Internet Explorer Settings
Before jumping on to other complicated solutions you first need to check if the sound is enabled in the Internet Explorer settings. Go through the following steps:
- First, open Internet Explorer and then you need to press Alt.
- When the menu appears, you need to click on Tools and then select the Internet Options.
- Now, you need to go to the Advanced tab. Under the Multimedia option in the tab, you need to make sure to check the Play sounds in web pages option.
- To save the changes that you have created, click on Apply and then hit on OK.
- Finally, reboot your system and check if the Internet Explorer no sound error is resolved.
Method 2: Enable Internet Explorer Sound in Volume Mixer
You also need to check if the Internet Explorer option is enabled in the volume mixer. To do the same process, you need to perform the steps as given below:
- First, right-click on the Volume icon and then you need to select the Open Volume Mixer option.
- In the Volume Mixer panel, you need to make sure to check if the sound of the Internet Explorer is not mute.
- Now, you need to increase the volume for Internet Explorer from the Volume Mixer and then close all the windows.
- Lastly, check if the Internet Explorer sound not working issue resolves.
Method 3: Uncheck ActiveX Filtering
Although this method has no relation to the error, users have reported that this often helps to fix the no sound on Internet Explorer error. To implement the process, go through the following steps:
- First, you need to open Internet Explorer and then you need to navigate to the top right corner of the IE window that appears on your computer screen.
- Now, click on Tools, however, you may also press both the Alt key and X from your keyboard to open the window.
- In the Tools menu, you need to navigate to the Safety option.
- Inside the option, you need to uncheck the ActiveX Filtering option if it is ticked.
- Finally, check IE by playing audio or video files.to check if you can eradicate the error.
Method 4: Clear Adobe Flash Player Settings
The no sound on Internet Explorer error can also arise due to some improper changes made in the Flash Player settings. Therefore, to resolve the Internet Explorer sound not working error, you can also clear the Adobe Flash Player settings. Follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Start menu and then open the Control Panel.
- When the window appears, you need to click on the Flash Player to open its Settings.
- Now, you need to go to the Advanced tab and then click on the Delete All button. You will find this option under the Browsing Data and Settings panel.
- When the new window opens, you need to make sure to check the Delete All Site Data and Settings field.
- Click on the Delete Data button at the end to delete all the flash player information and finally check if you are still struggling with the error.
Method 5: Disable Add-ons on IE
If none of the methods help you to resolve the Internet Explorer no sound error, you can also disable the add-ons and check if they were causing the glitch. To do this process, you need to go to the Tools option on Internet Explorer and then choose the Manage Add-ons option. From there you need to disable or enable the add-ons. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to press the Windows logo key and X together to open the Command Prompt.
- Now, in the empty field, you need to type the %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” -extoff command and then hit the Enter key.
- If you are prompted with any message to Manage Add-ons then you need to click on it or if not then on Continue.
- Press the Alt key to open the Internet Explorer menu and then you need to choose Tools.
- When the window appears, choose the Manage Add-ons option and then you need to choose the All Add-ons option. You will find it in the left corner of the screen.
- Press both Ctrl key and A to select all the add-ons. Finally, choose the Disable option.
- Reboot your system and check if the error persists.
- If the error persists re-enable one add-on at a time to identify the one causing the error.
- When you detect the faulty one, delete it.
The methods mentioned above will hopefully help you to get rid of the Internet Explorer no sound error without any hassle.