Firefox is the second most widely used browser next to Chrome. But it comes with its own set of issues. Firefox crash is one of them. So in order to make sure that these issues don’t give you a hard time we are going to eradicate the problems that you might face. One issue that users usually complain is Firefox keeps crashing.
Although you might also shift to use other browsers but that’s not an easy job if you have been using Mozilla Firefox for a long time. We tend to customize the browsers according to your need. The saved login details, the plugins that you might not find on other browsers etc. are not worth leaving behind because of little issues in your browser.
Effective Methods To Resolve Firefox Keeps Crashing
Here, we are going to mention eight effective steps with the help of which you would be easily able to solve the problem of Firefox crashing windows 10. Here are some generic steps that will be helpful to resolve any issue that might crop up in Windows. Follow the steps and remove the problem instantly.
Method 1: Refreshing Firefox
It may happen that due to the installation of the add-ons or the extensions, there may be a problem in the Firefox browser. So running the Firefox in safe mode will disable all the add-ons and the extensions and then try and refresh it. With the browser, if the problem exists with the identical configurations, then follow the given steps:
- At the top-right side of the screen, open the Firefox client and click on the Menu icon.
- At the bottom of the drop-down menu, you will find a question mark icon, just click on it. Now select the option that says “Restart with Add-ons disabled”.
- In order to enter the safe mode, you are going to get a prompt that confirms the user action. Having everything set, click the OK option.
Once the process is over, do check if the problem still exists. Or else try another alternative method.
Alternative Methods To Refresh Firefox
Resetting the Firefox can be an alternative method to fix the issue. We also recommend you to follow the alternative steps before applying this process. Once you click the resetting option, all the Firefox settings will be removed.
- If you want to reset the Firefox to the default settings, then at the top right side, click the menu icon.
- At the bottom of the drop-down menu, click on the question mark icon. Simply select the option that says “Troubleshooting information”.
- You will find an option that says “Refresh Firefox” at the top right side of the screen. Just click on it.
- In order to confirm your action, Firefox client is going to pop up a small window. If you agree with all the conditions, then press the OK button.
- Lastly, check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Extensions or plugins can also be a leading factor behind the error if there are no crashes. So, disable all the extensions and plugins, and try to check each of them one by one and find which one is the main culprit behind. By any means if you can successfully trace the real cause then disable it and wait until there is a new update.
Method 2: Check If Your Firefox Client Is Up-to-date
Bugs can also arise due to major softwares which constitute of mysterious behavior that is developed by the application. Basically, such type of issues is solved by the manufacturer by providing up new fixes. So we recommend you to update the client as soon as possible if by any means you are holding back. So, in order to check whether the Firefox client is up-to-date, do perform the following process:
Firstly, click on the Menu icon that is present on the top right side of the screen by opening the Firefox client. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, press the question mark icon that you see in the menu. You are going to see a new side. From here on, click the option “About Firefox”. Now, in the middle of the screen, you are going to get a small new window. This will indicate if your client is updated to the advanced version. There will be an option of updating the client if it has an older version or else the window will say “Firefox is up to date”.
Method 3: Checking Your Flash Software
With the Flash software, Firefox has a tendency to clash. As some factors require many long explanations, it is impossible to describe several mechanisms that are hidden behind. So it is recommendable to check the updates if there is a flash software established on your device or combined into your Mozilla Firefox. If the problem still exists, then it is possible to try and disable from the Firefox client. As mentioned above, select the Add-ons by opening the menu option.
From the left-hand side of the screen, navigate to the plugins once the add-on window opens. Here you can easily search the list of the installed plugins that are present for your Flash software. Click on the option that says “Never Activate” by navigating through the drop-down box. Apply and save all the changes and then exit. Lastly, recheck the problem by restarting the Mozilla Firefox and find if the problem still exists.
Method 4: Clearing Firefox Cache
Basically, all the information regarding the bookmarks or the saved information is present in the browser’s cache. Moreover, all the favorites and the data regarding the websites that one visits are also present in the cache. However, corruption is possible at any point in time. Although, it is much easier to check whether the application starts and works properly by trying and clearing the cache. So in order to clear a Firefox cache, do follow the steps as mentioned below:
- At the top right-hand side of the screen, you are going to get the menu option by just opening the Firefox client.
- In the middle of the small window, press the History option once you open up the menu. Now simply click the Clear Recent History option, once the history tab opens up.
- You are going to get a pop up from the Windows about what to delete. Set the time range for everything and select all the checkboxes. In order to proceed with the deletion, click on the “Clear Now” option.
- Lastly again check whether the problem got fixed once the clearing process is done by restarting the Firefox client.
Method 5: Install Latest Windows Updates
By targeting the bug fixes in the operating system, Windows rollout necessary updates. So it is very important to have the latest version of Windows update rather than holding back for some issue. In every regard, the new Operating system takes a long time to be perfect and the same case exist with Windows 10. Basically, the OS and Microsoft roll out numerous updates to target the concern and there are even a lot of issues that are still pending. So to install the latest version, do perform the actions that are mentioned below:
In order to run the start menu, simultaneously press the Windows and the S key. Type in Windows update inside the dialogue box and click the OK option. Now, snap the primary quest result which comes ahead. With the help of the mouse, click the “Check for updates” option once you are performing the update settings. After this, there will be automatically checking of the updates that are available in Windows. Select and install the updates as per requirement. After installing, restart your device and find whether the issue eradicates.
Method 6: Have Proper Scanning Of Malware
Sometimes. it may happen that due to negotiating the updates or firmware, there may be an attack of malware or virus in your device. Basically, this virus or malware has a special script present that is responsible for extracting data or changing the settings entirely without giving a warning. So, you must ensure that your PC is clean and free from malwares by scanning the device via related softwares. You can also make use of the Windows Defender utility and scan if there is no antivirus software present in your device.
- Firstly, open the Start menu by pressing the Windows and the S key simultaneously. In the search box, type in “Windows Defender” and open it by clicking the OK button.
- You are going to find a Scan option at the right-hand side of the screen. Simply, click the option of full scanning and wait till the scanning processes completes . Have patience and let the whole process end up by removing all the interruptions.
- Let the antivirus software remove all the malware or virus if any of these was present on your PC. Once the process is over, restart the device and launch the Firefox again.
Method 7: Updating The Drivers
Firefox crashing Windows 10 might also occur due to outdated, broken or incompatible drivers. It may happen that at any point of time, there may be a faulty configuration or the drivers may not be properly installed. So in order to mitigate the issue, use of Windows Update is going to be quite helpful. From the manufacturer’s site, you can download the drivers manually if you are technically proficient.
- Open the run dialog box by pressing the Windows and the R key altogether. Inside the box, type in “devmgmt.msc” and press the Enter button. You will find that the Device Manager will open.
- You are going to get a list of all the installed devices. As a matter of priority, update all the display/graphics drivers by navigating through all the devices. Check for each and every update for all the drivers that are present in your device.
- In order to view the installed display card, click on the Display adapters drop-down menu. Now click on the “Update driver” by right-clicking the Display adapters.
- You will be asked in which way you want to update the driver and the Windows is going to pop you through the medium of a dialogue box. Proceed on by selecting the first option. You can go to the manufacturer’s official website and install them manually if by any means you are facing the problem to update the drivers.
- Check whether the problem is removed by updating the drivers before restarting Firefox.
Method 8: Reinstalling Firefox
Last but not least, you can try and reinstall the Firefox from the official website. However, before proceeding you must remember that all the current settings and configurations are going to remove once you start the process. So, in order to reinstall the Firefox, follow the given instruction:
Open the Run application by pressing the Windows and the R key together. In the dialogue box type in control panel and then press the Enter key. At the bottom left side of the screen of the control panel, you are going to get the option that says “Uninstall a Program”. Similarly, like other methods, you are going to get a list of programs that are already installed in your device.
Simply, search for Mozilla Firefox and select the option of uninstalling by right-clicking on it. Eventually, the Mozilla’s uninstall wizard will appear. To proceed with the uninstallation, click on Next and follow all the instructions. Install a fresh copy of the software by directly visiting the official website once the uninstallation gets over. Find whether the problem is removed by installing the Firefox again.
Hopefully, the article was helpful in resolving the issue of Firefox keeps crashing. Try out the steps as directed and you will surely find a solution for the issue you are facing. However, if you face any problem or have any query, then post your comments without any hesitation.