Error 0x80004005 is one such unspecified error that is basically seen at the time of the Windows update. As a result, users fail to access the drivers, shared folders, virtual machines. Corrupted Windows files are the main reason for getting this issue.
In case if you are also getting the same error code, then this is the perfect place to get rid of the issue the earliest. Moreover, it is very important for you to know the proper reasons and the indications that are responsible for this trouble.
Symptoms of Error 0x80004005
Whenever you face the issue it may appear in front of you with some indications that hamper your work. As a result, you might get an error code of “there were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later”. So, have a look at the common symptoms:
- Your system crashes frequently.
- Window may take longer than usual.
- The external devices such as a mouse, the keyboard stops responding.
- Error code 0x80004005 constantly pop up on the screen leaving you puzzled.
Solutions to Fix the Error 0x80004005 – Step by Step Instructions
Basically, you may face the error 0x80004005 at the time of updating the OS version. Thus, follow the methods and fix the issue in no time:
Method 1: Uninstall Microsoft 6 to 4
This is the primary method which will help you to fix the error 0x80004005 at the earliest possible. To fix the issue you have to remove the Microsoft 6 to 4 devices that are located in the task manager. You must know that you will not be able to see the devices as they are protected by default. For that reason, you have to turn on the Show hidden devices option by following the methods as stated in this section:
- The very first thing you have to do is to, tap and hold the Windows and the “R” button at the same time from your keyboard.
- After that navigate to the search box and type “devmgmt.msc” in the box and hit the Enter button as well.
- Now, tap on the View icon and then choose “Show hidden services.”
- After that, you have to click twice on the Network Adapters.
- Now, right click on the Microsoft 6 to 4 device and then choose “Uninstall” by tapping on it.
- You might have to repeat this same method for one more time.
Method 2: Toggle-off the Real-time Protection of the Antivirus
Due to the overprotective third-party security suite, users might encounter the same issue. In any uncertain conditions, some third-party antivirus suite may block the zipped files extraction. For that reason, if you are using an external third party antivirus then you have to disable them in a temporary manner and check if the issue gets solved or not. Follow the steps exactly the same and resolve the issue. But remember that this method is only applicable for Windows Defender only:
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to launch the Windows Defender Security Centre option by clicking on it.
- After that, tap on the “Virus & Threat” protection icon and then choose the “Virus & Threat” settings option and tap on it.
- Now, you have to switch off the Real-time protection icon.
- Finally, check if the error gets fixed or not.
Method 3: Re-register the “jscript.dll” and “vbscript.dll”
In case if the first two methods failed to fix the issue then this is the ultimate procedure which will definitely help you in order to get rid of the error 0x80004005. Seldom the error code gets fixed by re-registering a pair of DLL in the Command Prompt. Moreover, you can re-register the script.dll and vbscript.dll command. In this section, we are going to discuss the steps briefly.:
- First of all, you have to tap on the Windows and the R button at the same time on your keyboard. It will help you to launch the Run box.
- Now, click on the Run box and type “cmd” in it.
- Then, tap on the Ctrl, Shift and the enter button simultaneously.
- Choose the Yes button which is located under the User Account Control section.
- When the Command Prompt will open you have to type the following command in the box and hit the Enter button after putting the command.
- At the final step, you must restart your device for one more time and check if the error code is still appearing on the screen or not.
Hopefully, the above article will surely help you to get rid of the error 0x80004005. To follow the methods carefully and do not skip any step as well. Any sort of mistake can lead you puzzled too. Share your doubts with us and we will try to resolve the issue without any delay. If you find the article beneficial one for you then leave your comment in the feedback box. We will be happy to know the feedback from your side.