The RdrCEF.exe is a standard component of Adobe Acrobat Reader which is known to frequently crash and cause serious issues to the users those are working with it. The users often look for procedures to fix the Adobe RdrCEF has stopped working error. If you are facing the same issue, go through the steps mentioned below and fix the glitch immediately.
Procedures To Fix Adobe RdrCEF Has Stopped Working
We have mentioned a few of the easy steps to resolve the Adobe RdrCEF has stopped working error. Go through the following:
Method 1: Rename The RdrCEF.exe And RdlServicesUpdater.exe
You can also fix the ‘Adobe Rdrcef has stopped working’ by renaming the ‘.exe’ files. To do so, go through the following steps:
1. First, you need to make sure the Adobe Acrobat Reader is closed.
2. Now, you need to navigate to the C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Adobe \ Acrobat Reader DC \ Reader \ AcroCEF location.
3. When the window opens, you will find two executables: RdrCEF.exe and RdlServicesUpdater.exe. Right-click on each of them and then select the Rename option.
5. You need to rename both of them and then hit on the Enter button to save all the changes that you created.
6. Finally, restart Adobe Reader and check if the error resolves.
Method 2: Update Adobe Acrobat Reader
You can also update the Adobe Acrobat Reader to its latest version. However, you can also uninstall and then install it again. To uninstall Acrobat Reader, follow the steps given below:
1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Open Control Panel and then click on Programs.
3. When the window appears, click on the Programs and Features option.
4. Now, locate for the file that you want to uninstall.
5. Right-click on it and then select the Uninstall option.
6. When the uninstallation process ends, restart your device.
7. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader again and check if the error resolves.
However, if you want to update Acrobat Reader, go through the following steps:
1. Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader and then go to Help.
2. Now, you need to click on Check for Updates to search if any new updates are available.