Adobe develops a plethora of different applications for individuals and other companies. Despite the fact that Adobe has so many unique features, even then you can encounter errors while using it. One such error include Adobe error 201. You may face this error if there is a corrupt or damaged file in the software. There can be multiple causes behind the error. Stay glued with the article to gain a brief insight and apply the appropriate solutions to fix this particular error.
What Causes Adobe Error 201?
In this section, you will get multiple reasons on why does this error occurs in the first place.
- This error occurs because of a corrupt file in the Adobe software package or if the installation of the software is incomplete.
- If the entry (which is relevant to the Adobe software), in the Windows registry, get corrupted somehow then also you may get this error.
- Due to a virus attack, some files relevant to the Adobe software may get corrupt and so for that, you might get this error as well.
- If the antivirus gets deleted by mistake, then also you may encounter Adobe error 201.
Brilliant Tips To Solve Adobe Error 50
In this section of the article, you will get the elaborate steps that will help you solve the glitch within a flicker of time. Follow the steps below in order to get an effective and proven result.
Run A Total System Scan Using Antivirus Software
Since this error can occur if there is any malicious file that attacks the Adobe software, therefore it is necessary for you to scan the whole system for any dodgy files and remove those files if there is any. In order to clean your system from any malicious attack, you can follow the steps below.
- First, launch the antivirus software.
- Next, execute a full scan of your system and let the antivirus software do its job.
- Once the execution is over, if the software detects any malicious file then it will be quarantined or even you can delete it.
- Finally, reboot the computer.
Remove and Reinstall Adobe Program That Generates Error 201
If you cannot able to resolve Adobe error 201 even after scanning and deleting malicious files from your system, then the best solution for you is to remove or delete the Adobe application from the machine and install that software again. Follow the simple steps below to do it.
- First, hit the combination of ‘Windows + R’ keys to launch the ‘Run’ dialog box. Then, in the text area beside the label ‘Open’, type control panel and hit ‘Enter’ key.
- This will show up the ‘Control Panel’ window. Now, in this window, locate the category ‘Programs’ and click on it.
- After that, from the new window, select the option ‘Programs and Features’. This will display a new window, where you can able to see the list of all the installed programs present in your machine.
- From the list, locate and choose the Adobe software that is generating the dreaded error 201. Then right-click on the software and from the options menu choose the ‘Uninstall’ option to delete the application.
- Now, you will get to see the uninstaller setup for the Adobe software. There, follow the information in front of you to remove the software.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, just restart the PC in order to save the changes.
- After the computer restarts, execute the setup file for the specific Adobe software that you have removed.
- Then, you will only have to follow the instructions on the screen before you install the software accordingly.
- When the installation of the software is complete, restart the computer.
Update All The Drivers Of Your PC
If the driver softwares within your PC is obsolete or outdated, then even you can get the given issue. Therefore the correct solution to resolve this issue is to update all the drivers within your machine. Follow these simple steps, in the following to update the driver.
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu, then from the options menu, choose an option ‘Device Manager’ and that window will be displayed.
- Now, within that window, select each of the categories and expand it.
- After you have expanded it, choose the driver and right-click on it. Then, from the options menu, select the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Wait for the update to finish and reboot the machine.
- Once the computer boots up, go to the ‘Device Manager’ and repeat the steps for all the remaining drivers.
Execute The System File Checker
A System File Checker is a tool for Windows that let you scan the system for any corrupt system files and restore or replace those corrupt system files.
- First, tap on the ‘Start’ menu. Then go to the search box and type in the command prompt. Now, from the output of the search, choose an option ‘Command Prompt (Admin). This open the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- In that window, type the following command – ‘sfc /scannow’ and press the ‘Enter’ key to run the command.
- After that, the System File Checker will start to scan for any corrupt files. This will take some time to search.
- Finally, follow the instructions that appear in front of you.
Remove Any Temporary Files From Your Computer
You can also remove the given error if you delete any junk or unnecessary files from your machine. In order to do that follow the steps below.
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ button. Next, from the popup options choose the ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’. This selection will display the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- In the ‘Command Prompt’ window, type in the command ‘cleanmgr’ and then tap on ‘Enter’ key to execute the command.
- After that, the ‘Disk Cleanup’ dialog box will open and it will begin to calculate the space taken up by the unnecessary files that you can get back.
- When the calculation is complete, you will get a list of folders where the junk files are stored. In order to get rid of those files, put a checkmark on the front of each folder in the list.
- Finally to clean up the storage space and get it back, tap on the button ‘OK’ and let the ‘Disk Cleanup’ application do its work.
- Remember to restart your computer.
Update Windows OS To Its Recent Version
If you update the Windows 10 Operating System to its latest version then it is possible to resolve the Adobe error 201. An update always contain some patches that will help to fix this issue. To update the OS, follow the simple steps below.
- First, press the ‘Windows’ key. Then, hit the ‘Gear’ icon, just above the ‘Power’ icon to display the ‘Settings’ window.
- Within that window, locate and then choose the category ‘Update & Security’.
- In the new window that comes up, move to the left pane of the window and select the option ‘Windows Update’ under the heading ‘Update & Security’.
- After that, go to the right side of that window, which has the heading ‘Windows Update’.
- Under the heading, choose the button ‘Check for updates’ and the Windows will search for the updates. If there is any update available then it will be downloaded.
- Finally, to install the updates, you will have to reboot the system and the update process will start automatically after the computer boots up.
In order to get an effective answer for the Adobe creative cloud error 201, follow the steps given in previous section. If you can solve this glitch then it is fine. But, if you cannot do so then post your query and doubts. We will keep you updated with latest updates.