Have you ever encountered a computer worm? It is nothing but malicious software whose sole intention is to infect another computer. VBS:Malware-Gen is a computer-based infection/worm.
It can spread across local as well through the shared network devices. This usually enters a system through unwanted spam emails usually in the form of a ZIP file.
It is masked in the form of a Visual Basic Script and once it gets executed, hackers can easily get access to system files. If you encounter this worm, then your device might be at risk.
This error can harm all the system related files and drivers that are on the computer. USB drives and other removal hard drives can also suffer significantly for this VBS:Malware-Gen worm.
So, it is recommended that, as soon as you locate such an issue in your Windows device remove it. Thus, this article can help you with the removal procedure.
2 Steps to Remove VBS:Malware-Gen from Windows Device
In this article, we will guide you with the 3 easiest methods to put an end to this problem. Follow the below-mentioned steps for an effective result.
Fix 1: Setup the Device in Safe Mode
If you find the VBS:Malware-Gen in the system, scan the device in the Safe Mode. And for that, you have to follow these simple steps.
- If you are a Windows 8 or 10 users, first you have to close all the programs that are running in the system.
- Tap on the “Shift” key on the time of clicking on the “Restart” option.
- Next, go for the “Troubleshooting” option. Tap on the “Troubleshoot” icon.
- Choose the “Advanced” options and next select the “Startup Settings”.
- You have to click on the “Restart” option after that.
- After, restarting the Windows, it will ask you to go through a list of options.
- Next, you have to select the number related to “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Once the system enters into the Safe mode option, you can decrease the security risk.
Fix 2: Delete the Suspicious Tasks
Another method to remove the VBS:Malware-Gen virus is to remove all the suspicious tasks from the Windows system. And for that, you have to follow these steps.
- Go to the Start button and click on it.
- Next, you have to write “Task Scheduler” in the search box.
- Click on the show results and go for the scheduled tasks that are virus-infected.
- Click on the “Delete” option to remove the unscheduled tasks.
This fix should be able to help you fix the problem at once.
Following the above-mentioned steps will help you to eliminate the VBS:Malware-Gen from the device. Hope you find this article worth reading. Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the feedback section. You can also share this guide to help the ones who are presently threatened with getting this error.