Do you usually scroll through numerous types of advertisements or keep switching the homepage? Then, these are a few obvious reasons due to your system might encounter adware or a browser hijacker.
Computer users most report facing Utopia.net malware. It is a potentially unwanted program, which is also known as a DNS hijacker. Such a program primarily focuses on to adjust the TCP/IP protocols to change the nature of the DNS server.
If once the utopia.net error infects the device you will not be able to open certain websites. Besides that, it will interrupt you from using certain other applications as well.
It has the capability to make changes in the search engine notably Google and the settings of Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox changes. Not only these, but utopia.net will also lead you to unknown web pages.
If you want to stop this random appearance of show ads, pop-ups, tabs then the solution is quite simple, remove the malware. This article will help you to eliminate Utopia.net malware.
[4+1] Easy Solutions to Remove Utopia.net Malware
If utopia.net malware has infected the device, follow these simple yet easy steps to remove it from the Windows system. The methods provided can be easily incorporated through Chrome or Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Method 1: Go to the Open File Location
To remove the utopia.net malware from the device, you have to first hold the Ctrl, Shift, Esc keys together. This will open a “Processes Tab”. Next, try to find out which process is harmful or has the same extension as utopia.
After that, you have to right-click on each of these files, go for the “Open File Location” option. Download and scan the files with a free online virus scanner. In the scan results, you will find all the list of all the malicious files.
Click on the infected software and delete them to remove the malware from the device. Finally, restart the device to save the changes and note if the malware still exists or not.
Method 2: Use the Control Panel
To remove the malware, you can simply go to the Control Panel and remove the malicious program from the device. And for that, you have to go through these simple steps.
- Press the Start button & R key together to open the Run dialog box. Next, write “appwiz.cpl” in the Run command box.
- Click on “OK” to go to the Control Panel. Search for suspicious files and uninstall them.
- Next, you have to write “MSConfig” in the search box and then hit the Enter button. This will open a “System Configuration” tab.
- Go to the “Startup” option and then uncheck the entries which look suspicious.
Delete them and save your device from highly malicious softwares.
Method 3: Reset the Network Adapter
The first thing that you have to do is press the Start and R key, this will open the Run box. Type “notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts” in the Run command box. A new window will open after that.
You will find many IP addresses, locate the one you are using from the list. If you find an IP address that has “Localhost”, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Start menu and find the Network connections. Hit the Enter button after that.
- Next, you have to choose the Network Adapter that you are currently using.
- Go to the “Properties” and next process it by selecting the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP/IP)” option from the list of connections. Tap on the “ Properties”.
- Then, select the “Advanced” section and go to the “DNS” section to set the “obtain DNS server” to automatic.
- Next, click on the “Remove” option to delete the network connection. Lastly, you have to click on “OK” to finish the process.
Method 4: Remove Utopia.net from Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer
When you are done with the above steps, the utopia malware will be removed from the device. Now, you have to remove them from the web browsers as well.
How to remove Utopia.net malware from Internet Explorer?
If you are unaware of the steps on how to eliminate the malware from Internet Explorer, then here are the step:
- You have to locate the Internet Explorer icon. Next, right-click on it, and select the “Manage add-ons” option from the drop-down list.
- After that, you will find the Utopia. Net malware in the Add-Ons Extensions section. Right-click on it to disable the option.
- Go for the Settings and select the “Internet Options” from that and change the URL.
- Click on the “Apply’ option to end the process.
How to remove Utopia.net malware from Firefox?
To remove utopia.net from the Mozilla Firefox, you have to follow these simple steps:
- First, you have to click on the Firefox menu and then go to the Add-ons sections.
- From the add-ons section, go to the Extensions option.
- Next, find the “Utopia.net malware”. And remove it from the device.
How to remove Utopia.net from Google Chrome?
If you want to remove utopia.net from the Google Chrome you need to follow these following steps:
- First, you have to go to the Windows(C:) drive folder in the computer section.
- Choose the “Users” folder from the list of the files.
- Click on the “Users” folder, you will find a folder named “Default”.
- You have to rename it to “Backup default”. Next, restart Google Chrome to check whether the persist.
Additional Way out: Execute a Few Commands through the Run Box
To remove this malware, you can follow these steps. And for that, you have press Windows and R key together. Write “ Regedit” in the Run Command box and hit the Enter button.
Hold down the Ctrl and F key together and type “utopia.net” in the box. Then, right-click on the name and delete the “utopia.net” from that. If they do not show up then you can manually delete them by running the below-mentioned commands.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
After the execution of these commands, the malware will get eliminated from the device and thus will reduce the cyber threats.
The solutions are quite easy and you can easily implement them even if you are not a techie. However, if you face any problem then mention it in the comment section below. We hope this article will serve its purpose and will help you fix the problem.